Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread (OUT NOW!)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm

That is freaking sweet!

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Pikmin would be cool.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My thoughts (it's a biggy!!!)

-To me, this new installment seems to be more suited for lesser characters and more details, contrary to one website's beleif that the game will have 40 characters. I predict that this game may actually have FEWER character's than SSBM, but instead will focus on more character variants (Samus' new zero-suit look and the rumor of "Celda" is my proof of this) due to it's semingly more mature feeling.

-Regardless of website titlings, I still think that ANYTHING, even "Dojo", is a better subtitle than "Brawl".

-according to a rumor wich has since been debunked, Ridley, Bowser Jr. and "Celda" (Link from Loz: Wind Waker) would be playable characters in this game.
    *I think that Ridley would be the most likely candidate if Nintendo did decide to put one of these guys in. However, I think that the Super Metroid version of him should be the one playable, if not all variations (I think there's just the jet black one from Metroid Prime and violet/purple Ridley from the original Metroid)for multiplayer mode, teambattle, etc.
    *Bowser Jr. also seems like a likely candidate since he (1) has been used in alot of nintendo's recent games, and (2) has somewhat of a dark tone to him (see bloody teeth drawn-on bandana). still think he should get a makeover like the other character's have had, though.
    *Now, the WW version of Link would have been great for Super Smash Bros. Melee, but unless he too gets a little less child-oreinted, I highly doubt that he will be a part of the mix.

-In the movie, character's are seen grabbing floating icons resembling the SSB series logo and thereby supposedly performing newer, more powerful moves (Link's 'Triforce-slash', Mario's kick-@$$ super fireball, Kirby's cooking thingy, etc.). to tell you the truth, I was VERY dissapointed at this concept. SSB is about NOT taking a ridicoulous amount of time to preform a flashy move, and it's not about interupting a fight with a stupid cutscene (i.e. Kirby's Cooking thing). Instead, I think that these orbs should just slighty increase the power of certain attacks (mario's fireball, for example) in an rpg-like manor, build-up strength by collecting more orbs, and then gradually fade-off until the player get's another orb/orbs.

-Mario's legs don't have enough "meat" on them. Nintendo should fix Mario's design so that he does'nt look like a stick, but at the same time is'nt resorting back to the classical 'fat' look.

-Wario should definitely keep his WarioWare garbs, but should also have his original clothing as well. height and weight adjustments should be made compared to the other Mario brothers.

-Link's outfit got SERIOUSLY toned-down. really, man; can't you just put-in a little more green without making yourself look like the jolly green giant?

-Solid Snake SHOULD use guns like the SOCOM and Stinger, but just not in a way that seems too violent (for example: Fox Mc Cloud used his laser gun as a standard move and did'nt spill any blood of his opponent's. Snake should have it so that the fire from his pistol is a yellow streak, just like Fox's pinkish-streak. also, the Rocket Launcher could just be used like Ness' PK Thunder; guided until it hit's something with a boom and nothing else).

-Pit really, REALLY needs a total re-do. He looks too much like a generic anime boy, he's not that serious-looking, and that whole "OMFG-I-GOT-A-BOW-THAT-CAN-SPLIT-INTO-TWO-SWORDS-LOL!" thing is just gay. get with the times, man.

-Wario's fart move is... okay, but needs a little... improvisation...

:UPDATE:
    character/variant idea- "JUSTIN BAILEY" Samus Aran

yeah, I know there's already a zero-suit, but let's face it; even the leotard was better than THAT. They should also change samus' hair color to match the code (although making it comepletely green is not at all wise.) I think this classic-code variation should be included (or make her look something like THIS: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12631383/ :D)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*zomfg double post*

I'll try to bring this post back from the dead; I think a great character edition would be Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas. Right now the movie is huge in Japan, and his wacky costumes and weapons (assuming he uses the Rubber Soul from Oogie's Revenge) cleverly mixed in with noir comedy horror would make him a perfect candidate for SSBB.

other Ideas I have include:
    -> the guy from Blaster Master and/or his tank
    -> Karnov
    -> DK Jr.
    -> Mach Rider (although he may be the same as Captain Falcon)
    -> Link's Wolf form from TW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Flash of brilliance as I am waiting for details on this game, and trying to finally FINALLY collect all 290 SSBM trophies:

Imagine if Brawl had a trophy collection that included non-Nintendo trophies. Imagine if the game included not only Snake but Megaman and Sonic, and you could collect trophies of Konami, Capcom and Sega characters.

I don't care if that would mean 5,000 total trophies, I'd spend the time to get all of 'em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoyed the trophies, but they're small potatoes compared to the meat of the game to me. I'd rather see a new character. Hell, I hope they end up with 500 characters, like on that fan-made SSB character select screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Bumping this old topic.

Just found this image on IGN. It may be nothing new to some, but it is proof that the POS Wii-mote won't ruin Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Nintendo is starting to get it). Such good news...

It looks like there's 4 different ways to control your character! I think I'll be using "option 2". It's time to buy a few more Wavebirds after all.
    Last edited by heybtbm; 07-19-2007 at 07:34 AM.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Now that's pretty sweet! Options are good. I'll be using the Wavebird more than likely also.

Will this be the first non-VC game to utilize the Classic controller? I can't seem to think of any current games that do...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can anyone please tell me why Snake is even featured in this game?

I thought the whole point of Smash Bros is that it was Nintendo first party characters only? What kind of deal have Nintendo got with Konami at this time, if any? Do Konami have a part in the creation of this game (In which case I can understand it) ~ It seems a bit random to feature a third party character, even though said character has starred in a number of games spanning various consoles over the last 20 years ~ In the same thought, why not include characters who have been equally influential, such as MegaMan (Capcom), or even Conker (RARE)? (If it is indeed a random inclusion)

I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Sonic featuring (Especially now seeing ass Sega and Nintendo are so close nowadays, and after the Mario / Sonic Olympic Games), but if Sonic is included, then I feel the Smash Bros template has been contaminated too much by outside influencce. Why don't Sega simply do their own similar style game featuring their own characters, rather than infect Nintendo's series? I'd rather keep Smash Bros separate and see a one off spin-off game entitled "Nintendo Vs Sega Smash Bros" or something similar...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who has a list of the characters, confirmed and rumored?

By rumored I don't mean people you want to see in, but whispers from somewhat credible sources. And 'that one dude on the gamefaqs MB'
    doesn't count.
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79 View Post
    Now that's pretty sweet! Options are good. I'll be using the Wavebird more than likely also.

Will this be the first non-VC game to utilize the Classic controller? I can't seem to think of any current games that do...
    Fire emblem for wii.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Sanriostar View Post
    Who has a list of the characters, confirmed and rumored?

By rumored I don't mean people you want to see in, but whispers from somewhat credible sources. And 'that one dude on the gamefaqs MB'
    doesn't count.
    Newer confirmed characters are all on the smash bros website. So far there's Donkey Kong, King Koopa, Mario, Link, Zelda, Samus, Pikachu, Fox, Snake, Pit, Wario, Kirby, and Meta Knight. I haven't heard about anyone else, but it's a good guess that most of the cast from melee will be coming back.

As for why Snake's there, Kojima wanted him in Melee, but there wasn't enough time to implement him. I guess he's a big fan of Nintendo's work.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Newer confirmed characters are all on the smash bros website. So far there's Donkey Kong, King Koopa, Mario, Link, Zelda, Samus, Pikachu, Fox, Snake, Pit, Wario, Kirby, and Meta Knight. I haven't heard about anyone else, but it's a good guess that most of the cast from melee will be coming back.

As for why Snake's there, Kojima wanted him in Melee, but there wasn't enough time to implement him. I guess he's a big fan of Nintendo's work.
    Don't forget about Dr. Wright from Sim City...

"One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In regards to a post further up the thread: I am surprised that there is a lack of Namco related characters, given Nintendo's current partnerships with Namco / Bandai. As mentioned, Link featured in Soul Calibur II on the GameCube, so why not return the favour and have some Namco characters appear in Smash Bros? Nintendo and Namco have become very close recently, so thought that maybe a few Soul Calibur characters or maybe PacMan would feature

That said, even though they may not be included as playable characters, there's nothing to say that there won't be any subtle links or cameo's ~ If the trophy feature stays, then PacMan could feature as a collectable trophy perhaps...

One character I would really like to see is the Game And Watch style character from Warioland 4 (You know. The black stick man with the long nose. Lol.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

I don't think that Dr. Wright is an actual playable character but more of a "environmental" effect on the stage or a power up of some type. Not sure how he'd be summoned though... Pokeball?

And it looks like Zero Suit Samus isn't a seperate character after all but after firing your super smash attack, your armor falls off and you're now Zero Suit. I don't know how I feel about that, but if Zelda/Shiek can work, I'm sure Armored/Zero Suit Samus will work fine too.

EDIT: Wright is an "assist trophy" along with Nintendogs and Hammer Bros. Pretty rad!
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Don't forget about Dr. Wright from Sim City...

Actually, Dr. Wright is one of the new assists you can use by grabbing a particular item. Samurai Goroh, Hammer Bros. and Nintendogs are others.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulnoise View Post
    And it looks like Zero Suit Samus isn't a seperate character after all but after firing your super smash attack, your armor falls off and you're now Zero Suit. I don't know how I feel about that, but if Zelda/Shiek can work, I'm sure Armored/Zero Suit Samus will work fine too.
    This is how I always interpreted it as being anyway. I didn't expect Zero Suit Samus to be a separate character, but rather expected it to work in the same manner as Zelda / Shiek, where one becomes the other during battles

I also feel that Samus could become more agile after evolving into the Zero Suit incarnation, as that suit of armour must be pretty heavy, whereas the Zero suit is melded to her body. I would also expect her moves and attacks to be a lot quicker
    Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix; 07-19-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Dojo said that her speed goes way up and her power goes way down. Plus she goes whip style instead of missles/bombs. So you're right on the money Gemini.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

With the Gamecube Controller will it work with the D-pad...If so get the Wii controller Adapter from retrousb for SNES controllers