Thread: Ridge 6 Master's Quad Battle #12

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ridge 6 Master's Quad Battle #12

Okay.

I'm at the end of my rope and need some sort of help. I recall that when the 360 was new, there was a thread of 360 launch titles wherein a few of you had claimed that you had completed Ridge Racer 6 and found it to be "easy".

I've been attempting and reattempting the (purple) Master's Quad Battle #12 (Midtown Parkway)....for the past several hours now. I can drive this course flawlessly at full boost with the required class 4 cars. What I can't come to terms with is the random multiple nitrous shots that the AI keeps pulling....particularly the "dynamic" pickup truck that insists on winning every time. I'm actually leading the laps until the last few curves.....and then the rubberband AI gets vicious with the triple nitrous and I end up 2nd or 3rd.....by a few car lengths.

I've tried every car available....and every color, searching for variables. The AI pickup truck seems to skip the race sometimes according to what I choose. I've tried saving nitrous and I've tried spamming nitrous....it doesn't seem to matter. It's frustrating because there isn't a faq on the entire net to help me. It seems that people skipped this game.

I'd appreciate it if those of you who HAVE finished these races would fire up the game and give the race a shot or recall what car you used and how you handled your nitrous. This race is getting just too demanding. I've run it at least 60 times tonight, no joy. I win a car if I can nail it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are quite a few easy games on the 360. I can't say that Ridge Racer 6 is one of them. That game has been punishing me for months (and I played through Ridge Racer on the PSP without too much difficulty). I'm thinking that maybe I'm not using the right special car and improperly timing my post-boost ultimate charge (or whatever it's called).