Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most Annoying Enemies/Bosses

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My most hated enemy of all time would have to be the blue wizards from LOZ. Not only do they warp to blast you in the ass, they can walk around too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    It's almost like a soap opera where you think that everyone cares about how Kevin's adventures on eBayland goes from day to day.

There's a place for semi-regular posts like your's Kevin, it's called a diary or a blog.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Ever fight the end boss in Digital Devil Saga?

She has six orbs around her! If you somehow get her stuck with three, she does her ultimate attack and YOU ALL DIE.

Yeah, Medusa heads, too. But Dracula is usually one bad mofo that likes to be cheap as all hell.

Giga Bowser just takes too long to die.

OH, AND LET US NOT FORGET GOD RUGAL. HAHA CAPCOM MAKING AN SNK BOSS WITH MORE GODLINESS THAN IN AN SNK GAME.

OK, rant over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925
    The spider boss on metroid fusion is really starting to piss me off you knock off the legs of the spider then it starts flipping around in the air. That is by far the most annoying boss i've fought in a while
    Oh man. Most annoying boss in Metroid Fusion, bar none. I think I fought that guy more than 10 times before I actually beat him.

Someone said Mike Tyson. Most broken boss. EVER. Don't even try to dispute it.

And birds in Ninja Gaiden pwn Ryu for free.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm my sister used to get pissed at the Candy Boss in the cloulds in Yoshis Story becuase it kept smileing,myself when i was 4,Dr Robotnic always smiling when i hit him .
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to add the Godzilla in SimCity. That bastard randomly would pop up and go right for the damn power plants! He totally pissed me off all the time and you can't stop him. You can't send police or military in the area to stop that big freaking walking disaster.
    And to follow up, the UFOs that exist in 2k and above, just can't stop them either. Uggg, why can't you stop demons, monsters, aliens, or other crazy stuff in the SimCity games?

Doesn't really qualify as a "boss", but rather annoyance in building a city that happens too often.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aswald
    Level 4 in the Gameboy Color version of R-Type.

There is absolutely no use in having any skill here. The whole level is one you just have to memorise.
    That reminds me, there was a boss in R-Type DX in R-Type 2 on one of the later levels that pissed me off to no end. The problem was that there were too many sprites for the GBC to display. After a second or so, you ended up having to dodge invisible bullets. There were blocks to dodge too so he would have been a pain even if you could see what he was throwing at you.

As for most annoying, Red Devils from Ghosts n Goblins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    And to follow up, the UFOs that exist in 2k and above, just can't stop them either. Uggg, why can't you stop demons, monsters, aliens, or other crazy stuff in the SimCity games?
    Don't you mean 3K? The monster in 2K was all too easy to get rid of with the military.

Pretty much every boss in the original Breath of Fire was a bluddy pain. You wear them down to zero hitpoints, and then for some very stupid reason, you just have to keep fighting them... and keep fighting... and keep fighting... and there's no chance you'll lose, because you're stocked up with plenty of items, but nonetheless, on and on and on it goes... gah.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Motaro from Mortal Kombat 3. He pounds you so much, you'd be considered lucky even if you get a couple hits on him.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How 'bout the most wretched stationary enemy in a game. Don Medusa from the Lolo series. You think you got the bastard boxed in, so you ramble over to the nearby Heart Framer only to hear that wooshing sound as the bolt stabs into you from the other Don Medusa behind a shrub you forgot about. I remember playing this game late one night and actually jumping out of my chair at one point, surprised by that damned bolt of lightning or whatever it is he zaps you with.

To make it worse, he becomes mobile later on.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

God, Slimedog, how could any of us forget that one! Pretty much the whole of G&G is some of the most annoying, but that damn red devil stands out in memory most for most people.

How 'bout the most wretched stationary enemy in a game. Don Medusa from the Lolo series. You think you got the bastard boxed in, so you ramble over to the nearby Heart Framer only to hear that wooshing sound as the bolt stabs into you from the other Don Medusa behind a shrub you forgot about. I remember playing this game late one night and actually jumping out of my chair at one point, surprised by that damned bolt of lightning or whatever it is he zaps you with.

To make it worse, he becomes mobile later on.
    Sho nuff. Having played through all three US released Lolo games, I must say, there were times when those dudes really pissed me off!

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Aswald
    Level 4 in the Gameboy Color version of R-Type.

There is absolutely no use in having any skill here. The whole level is one you just have to memorise.
    That reminds me, there was a boss in R-Type DX in R-Type 2 on one of the later levels that pissed me off to no end. The problem was that there were too many sprites for the GBC to display. After a second or so, you ended up having to dodge invisible bullets. There were blocks to dodge too so he would have been a pain even if you could see what he was throwing at you.

There is a sneaky way to get rid of most of those Red Devils: you move just far enough to the right to be able to shoot them. As SOON as you do and he reacts, run-run-run about a screenlength or so to the left. Most of the time, he'll be gone when you go back.

It is possible to destroy the topmost and bottommost moving barriers in Level 4. If you have the "Orange Fireball Creeping Laser" powerup, it's much easier, and the top and bottom Blue Globules are quickly destroyed. But those "invisible" shots you mention are a pain.

Still, it's fun to go on an all-out rampage of destruction in that game when you use Invulnerability!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one has mentioned the Tone Berry from the Final Fantasy games. Just run the heck away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Flood. They just really really got on my nerves.