Thread: Anyone played HotD 4 yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default Anyone played HotD 4 yet?

I went to Dave & Busters, last night. They got in 2 Deluxe House of the Dead 4 machines.

Holy shit, This game is awesome!!1

The new gameplay elements make the game feel more realistic and not like a B-grade zombie flick. Sega still needs to hire better voice actors, though.

For example - Instead of a zombie just coming right up and biting you, he'll grab you first. Then you have to shake the gun to knock him back (you do the same to reload, in general BTW) If you fail to shove him back - he knocks you down. At this point, you're stunned, but you can still fire. If you don't kill the zombies around you, they move in for the kill (by biting or stepping on your head). The bosses are fair, but hard. Plus the option of selecting your path noticably changes the story arc.

I haven't enjoyed playing an arcade game, this much, in a long time.

And supposedly, the same D&B's is getting After Burner Climax in a few months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I didn't like it, though I didn't like the third either though. I don't think it's bad, but for some reason I didn't enjoy it. I found the whole shaking aspect to be too gimmicky. The machine I was on made it difficult to do without breaking your wrist trying to active that "shake sensor." The grenades were pretty cool, being able to save them for tight situations.

I wish they would go back to having pistols as the main weapon. It's like they are running out of unique ideas.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally dig the entire "of the Dead" series -- however, I haven't played III or 4 yet. I also dig gimmicks, so I'm looking forward to playing 4. Judging by your description, it sounds awesome.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember thinking the grphics on this game were stunning when I checked out some screenshots.
    I havent seen a "new" arcade game since Tekken came out!
    Vectors, pixels & polygons

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the shaking thing is a bit of a gimmick. I think we'll see similar ideas in Wii games, but that's a whole other subject.

The graphics don't look so hot either. Especially considering how much more powerful Lindbergh is compared to Chihiro. It could still be a good game though, I've only played a couple of credits.