Thread: Beat Circle of the Moon tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Beat Circle of the Moon tonight

Modern or classic forum? Was GBA before PS2? I can't remember. Anyway, move if necessary.

I liked the game overall, but it was too damn easy. Dracula was a JOKE! If you have the cross you can beat all the bosses in a cinch.

Was I the only one who beat this game withOUT using any of the DSS cards? I dunno why, I just played it through plainly. At one point, I leveled up 30 levels or so.

I beat Dracula on level 81... 900 strength 900 everything. I racked up on 71 spiced meat and 99 mega hearts (though I never used more than 2 mega hearts)

Overall, it was a fun experience, but I doubt I'll play it again -- at least not for a loooong time. Game clocked me at 28 hours, but because for so many of them I was focused on leveling up.

Level up = catacombs with Arachne and Grizzly. Killing them up and then down made for like 8,000 points, it was easy to level up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Beat Circle of the Moon tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Modern or classic forum? Was GBA before PS2? I can't remember. Anyway, move if necessary.

I liked the game overall, but it was too damn easy. Dracula was a JOKE! If you have the cross you can beat all the bosses in a cinch.

Was I the only one who beat this game withOUT using any of the DSS cards? I dunno why, I just played it through plainly. At one point, I leveled up 30 levels or so.

I beat Dracula on level 81... 900 strength 900 everything. I racked up on 71 spiced meat and 99 mega hearts (though I never used more than 2 mega hearts)

Overall, it was a fun experience, but I doubt I'll play it again -- at least not for a loooong time. Game clocked me at 28 hours, but because for so many of them I was focused on leveling up.

Level up = catacombs with Arachne and Grizzly. Killing them up and then down made for like 8,000 points, it was easy to level up.
    Awesome game. Easily my favorite of the GBA Castlevania Trilogy. I think I was only in the level 60's when I beat it.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm playing this one now, but I'm stuck on that damn two headed boss. Once I get more hearts though it should be easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

I think this would be considered a modern game.

It really is a wonderful title. Although in my opinion the two followups on the GBA just got better and better, Circle Of The Moon is still a stellar game.

My main memory of this one is having to struggle to see anything on that brick of a system the GBA once was. Wow, what a headache. Thank god for my new DS Lite.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice going. Makes me want to play it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still working on this one. Right now I'm leveling up to beat some two headed dragon. So Dracula is cake is you're at level 81 and have the cross? And where did you find the spiced meat? I hardly ever find that stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RegSNES
    I'm still working on this one. Right now I'm leveling up to beat some two headed dragon. So Dracula is cake is you're at level 81 and have the cross? And where did you find the spiced meat? I hardly ever find that stuff.
    You know where the Catacombs are? Once you complete a certain % of the game, the enemies in the catacombs goes from low-end skeletons to blue Grizzlies and Arachne's. They give you MAJOR level up power... and Grizz's drops spiced meat on occasion, and Arachne's mega hearts.

The catacombs is the first area of the game, right after you fall down the castle.

Dracula is easy on level 81.... but I bet I could beat him on level 61 as well. You can literally... perfect him. I kid you not. His strongest attack, the charge one, is super easy to avoid. When you hear the sound he makes, jump and then super jump. You'll avoid him every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beat this one years ago (it came out in 2001, I think it was a GBA launch title, or very close)...good game. I need to get a completed save file on my current copy, shouldn't take too long to do.

Dracula's a pushover in this one, just takes a long ass time to beat at lower levels (say 30s-40s).

Now try Magician/Fighter mode! (Actually, I have yet to fool around with that).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome game its gameplay is more varied than most others but I love aria of sorrow you should play that one through.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    St Aspartame

I love this game, easily my favorite 2d castlevania, the extra modes that you unlock after beating the game are good fun as well.
    Welcome to Macintosh.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

This was the second GBA game I got and also the game that made me buy every U.S.-released Castlevania. I've beaten regular, Magician, and Fighter mode. I still have Thief mode and whatever other modes that remain. Dracula is pretty easy once you get used to him.

NATHAN GRAVES FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Beat this one years ago (it came out in 2001, I think it was a GBA launch title, or very close).
    it was actually available a few days before the GBA release
    *insert signature >here<*

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

The other thing to do to get a lot of spiced meat (which is essential to go through that long Battle Colosseum thing which is the only place you can get the last two “summon” cards, the Holy and Dark ones) is to fight those guys and turn on the +Luck card combo. Can’t remember which combo that is at this point, but it’s incredibly useful for getting items.

The best health item, though, is the high potion that comes from that lady-flower that shoots up all the vines from the ground. There are like 2-3 of those things in a room just below the colosseum to the west a little bit, and I loaded up on those things there. That’s the only way I beat the colosseum – I was nowhere near 81 when I beat Dracula, but I used some card combos with the Unicorn card to really knock him down.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved it, simply because of some BGM remixes from Bloodlines. My favorite mode was "Theif" mode, when your luck is 900 at the very start....enemies start dropping stuff like X-mas
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first GBA game (actually owned it before I owned a gba) It was great fun. Now I have the urge to give it another go.
    They call me Ha-do-ken, cause I'm down, right, fierce.

www.LANgaming.net
    www.RetroGoggles.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dskillz
    My first GBA game (actually owned it before I owned a gba) It was great fun. Now I have the urge to give it another go.
    Actually, it was my first GBA game as well. Back in the days before the SP, the SP2, the Micro, the DS.

Played this sucker on the original GBA. My eyes ain't been the same since.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/