Thread: Sony= still 2-D haters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Quote Originally Posted by Frica89
    Quote Originally Posted by playgeneration
    Whats new in the ps3? - an xbox live copy, and a worse wii controller yet its more expensive than the 360 and wii combined
    Yeah, I no what u mean...$600??? FUCK YOU SONY!!!
    Dont know if this was ironic, but i answer anyway. A standalone Blu-Ray player will cost about $600, if not more when it comes out. So the PS3 is cheap. You must compare the price to what you get.
    If you want a Blu-Ray Player, its a deal.

But seriously, I don't even have HDMI yet, so its pointless for me. 1080p? Seriously guys? I don't need it. I just want games.

I'm sick of all this extra shit that's being billed as essential components to my gaming experience. Guess what, no they're not. Don't side with Ken, this thing isn't cheap. It's expensive.

Whatever, I'm still getting one at launch.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sony started the "no 2-D" thing back with the Playstation ten years ago. They've had the best-selling console (by a mile) ever since. Am I to scratch my head and try to figure out why this policy is still in place?

Somehow I doubt it is because they are "assholes", "dickheads", etc. Or because they "hate" 2D games (huh?) Or because Sony customers are "graphics hores" (wha?) Or because Sony wants to "brainwash" people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    Whenever this topic of SCEA wont allow 2D games to be released, I ask for one example of a game, that was already completed and released in Japan, that wanted to come out here, and was denied.

So, one specific example?
    You won't find that many examples because not many companies are crazy enough to spend the time and money to complete a game that they know Sony won't allow to be released.

Didn't the Working Designs president rip Sony over their game approval policies before the company went out of business?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Quote Originally Posted by Frica89
    Quote Originally Posted by playgeneration
    Whats new in the ps3? - an xbox live copy, and a worse wii controller yet its more expensive than the 360 and wii combined
    Yeah, I no what u mean...$600??? FUCK YOU SONY!!!
    Dont know if this was ironic, but i answer anyway. A standalone Blu-Ray player will cost about $600, if not more when it comes out. So the PS3 is cheap. You must compare the price to what you get.
    If you want a Blu-Ray Player, its a deal.

But seriously, I don't even have HDMI yet, so its pointless for me. 1080p? Seriously guys? I don't need it. I just want games.

I'm sick of all this extra shit that's being billed as essential components to my gaming experience. Guess what, no they're not. Don't side with Ken, this thing isn't cheap. It's expensive.

Whatever, I'm still getting one at launch.
    Games will be on Blu-Ray some day And one day you will most likely get a better TV. I dont have a HD TV or anything, just a normal 28" TV. I will still get PS3. I dont buy it because i primarly want a Blu-Ray player either, but you must compare the price to what you get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Whenever this topic of SCEA wont allow 2D games to be released, I ask for one example of a game, that was already completed and released in Japan, that wanted to come out here, and was denied.

You won't find that many examples because not many companies are crazy enough to spend the time and money to complete a game that they know Sony won't allow to be released.

Didn't the Working Designs president rip Sony over their game approval policies before the company went out of business?
    Didn't Metal Slug 3 get the axe in America?
    ~~~GrayFox~~~

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For PS2 I think so.. it's happily on the XBox though =)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, on the PS2. Later SNK release it on the XBOX.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Granted, there aren't a lot of 2D games, but there are some. SNK has KoF and Metal Slug games, there are also other fighting games, MvC2, Guilty Gear, and even Alien Hominid was released, and they plan on releasing another 2D game at somepoint.

OK, let me start:

DoDonPachi: Dai-OuJou (Agetec)
    Ys (NEC Interchannel)
    Metal Slug 3 (SNK)
    Samurai Shodown V (SNK)

and there's many more where that came from:

HIT LIST

Sony to me is very evil!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter17
    OK, let me start:

DoDonPachi: Dai-OuJou (Agetec)
    Ys (NEC Interchannel)
    Metal Slug 3 (SNK)
    Samurai Shodown V (SNK)

and there's many more where that came from:

HIT LIST

Sony to me is very evil!
    Damn I really hate they blocked one of my favorite serie's
    Ys? I wonder why their isnt another 2d casltlevania on the playstation systems. I wonder if the castlevania creator is aware their biast mentality towards 2d gaming.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! Don't you people realize that if 2D games sold well here in America then companies would be all over marketing them to us? A simple equation of supply and demand; and there is no demand for some games here. If you want them so bad then buy a mod chip and import. And quit the bullshit about brainwashing, 3D games suck, and Sony being evil. Kid Ice had it right Sony is winning the console war for a reason. I look through my library of PS2 games and find plently of good titles; some 2D others 3D.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, on the PS2. Later SNK release it on the XBOX.
    Yeah, I got the Xbox version, for sures.

But hey, that's an example. Huzzah.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Sony could've just struck a deal of sorts where 2D developers were on their own. If they want to release a 2D fighter, that company has to deal with the losses.

Or isn't that what they have in place?

To be honest, I don't think I'll ever understand any of Sony's thinking. They're either abstract or control freaks.

Just remember that they gave us ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and God of War. Yes, all 3D but all known for being good.

Anyway, might as well import your 2D stuff, because I sure as hell am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geez, folks, how is Sony evil again? It's not like they're a monopoly -- if you don't like them, buy Xbox, or Nintendo. If you want JP 2D games, get a JP PS2 and go online to play-asia. How hard is that?

If you're really interested in 2D games, there's about 10,000 of them available on Atari 2600/5200/7800, NES, O2, SNES, Saturn, TG16, DC, etc, etc, etc.... The world is not lacking 2D games....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We can still be upset for them not letting release the hardcore cool stuff , sure you can import but what about the games that that are complex and need major translations? but the companies were willing to make a translated version but sony denies them.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Games will be on Blu-Ray some day And one day you will most likely get a better TV. I dont have a HD TV or anything, just a normal 28" TV. I will still get PS3. I dont buy it because i primarly want a Blu-Ray player either, but you must compare the price to what you get.
    So you're openly admitting you're actually buying something you don't need, for $600 nonetheless, simply because it seems like a good deal???

Good to see Sony's marketing campaign is actually working on the average consumer...heh :/

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default 2D

Wasn't the Sega Saturn supposed to be a haven for 2D games?

I have a feeling that some of the same people (not necessarily those on these boards) who say Sony are bad guys for not making 2D games a priority are also the same people who sat back and let the Sega Saturn die while Sony buried them. Those same folks probably bought up 3D Playstation games in bunches.

With that said, it is over ten years later. Remind me again what Sony ever really did for the gaming industry that Nintendo never could have done, aside from bigger (i.e. bloated) advertising campaigns and corporate tie-in's? Oh, they made gaming "cool" again, if you believe newspapers and magazines. That's it. It's not like gaming would be in a rut if Sony had failed with Playstation.

All the truly great games, even the exclusives, from both Playstation consoles are always made by third-parties who sign exclusive deals. At least Nintendo can scrape together their own games. I'd find it amusing to see them become a third-party for X-Box.

Go visit a Playstation message board and watch some of the people who say that "The X-Box isn't allowed to come out with (insert a popular Playstation game), they're stealing our games."

This all comes to mind only because someone brings up it really has been over ten years since Sony entered the console wars.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Magus
    So you're openly admitting you're actually buying something you don't need, for $600 nonetheless, simply because it seems like a good deal???

Good to see Sony's marketing campaign is actually working on the average consumer...heh :/
    First, why do you take things out of the blue? Where did i say i didnt need it? Your missing the whole point. Compare the price of what your getting and you will see its not expencive. Just because the PS3 have the ability to show HD doesnt mean that you MUST have a HD-TV to use it.

Games for PS3 will be on Blu-Ray some day so logical you will need a Blu-Ray player to play them. Do you think Sony will release games on Blu-Ray and "hey, how da fuck do you play them?? PS3 didnt include a Blu-Ray player to save money!". ? Im glad Sony didnt do as Microsoft, releasing a external HD-DVD player later.

What on earth does this have to to with marketing campaign? It havnt even started yet! Its logical thinking. Glad i have the ability to do that atleast. Oh, and its not $600 here, its $800.

The thing is, people complain about the price, but they dont check what they really get. Its like going into a Ferrari dealer and say "HOLY FUCK this car is expencive, i can get a Toyota much cheaper!". They are both sports cars, they both drive. Are the cars the same? Nope. So why should you pay so much more for a Ferrari if you dont need it? You do get from A to B in any other car too.

Another example is Neo Geo over SNES. Both are 16-bit consoles. Why buy Neo Geo when its much more expencive than SNES? Do you see what i mean?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Sony= still 2-D haters/Copying Nintendo

Don't forget that they'll love the same shit over and over as long you put 50 Cent on the cover.
    Unfortunately, that is the country we live in (some of us).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First, why do you take things out of the blue? Where did i say i didnt need it? Your missing the whole point. Compare the price of what your getting and you will see its not expencive. Just because the PS3 have the ability to show HD doesnt mean that you MUST have a HD-TV to use it.

Games for PS3 will be on Blu-Ray some day so logical you will need a Blu-Ray player to play them. Do you think Sony will release games on Blu-Ray and "hey, how da fuck do you play them?? PS3 didnt include a Blu-Ray player to save money!". ? Im glad Sony didnt do as Microsoft, releasing a external HD-DVD player later.

What on earth does this have to to with marketing campaign? It havnt even started yet! Its logical thinking. Glad i have the ability to do that atleast. Oh, and its not $600 here, its $800.

The thing is, people complain about the price, but they dont check what they really get. Its like going into a Ferrari dealer and say "HOLY FUCK this car is expencive, i can get a Toyota much cheaper!". They are both sports cars, they both drive. Are the cars the same? Nope. So why should you pay so much more for a Ferrari if you dont need it? You do get from A to B in any other car too.

Another example is Neo Geo over SNES. Both are 16-bit consoles. Why buy Neo Geo when its much more expencive than SNES? Do you see what i mean?
    I agree with what you are saying, but that doesn't necessarily mean I can justify spending $600\$800 on a games console, just because the technology it provides might become useful in a few years.

Saying that its cheap for what it offers might be true, but then again why not wait a couple of years until this whole Blu-Ray thing actually picks up, and then buy a Blu-Ray drive for just a fraction of the PS3's launch price?

Anyway, its still early to be arguing over the value of a system that hasn't even been released yet, and I'm definitely not the one to be telling you what to do with your money - if you have the spare cash and you think its worth it, buy a PS3 and use it as a friggin doorstep for all I care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they bundled a cappuccino maker into the PS3 and only charged and extra $50 I wonder if the Sony lovers would still say it's a great deal since a cappuccino maker generally sell for more than that? It doesn't matter if you needed one of course, it's such a great deal. Of course if Sony did do this you realize that it would only work with Sony branded beans. :P

Isn't everyone tired of companies telling us what we need and then charging us for it rather than letting us decide for ourselves?