Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OVGE 2006 - August 19th, Tulsa, OK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default OVGE 2006 - August 19th, Tulsa, OK

It has been a very busy year with a lot of changes for me. However, it is time once again...:

Attention all classic video game players!

You have asked and been anxiously waiting! So without delay...

Welcome to the Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition 2006!

Tulsa, OK – On August 19, 2006 Atari, Coleco, Mattel, Nintendo, Sega and many more of your favorite classic gaming systems will once again rise from history in all their glory as the Marriott Tulsa Southern Hills Hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma will be host to the forth annual Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition organized for the mid-American states of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and beyond!
    Plenty of space left so be sure to reserve now if you are interested in being a part of Mid-America's most anticipated annual event!
    We also will have a need for a couple of volunteers this year to assist with marketing and during the event. Please contact us through the OVGE website if you are interested in being a volunteer.

The Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition is a gathering of collectors, video game enthusiasts, and vendors coming together to show, trade, buy, sell and have an incredible time!

Check the OVGE website for full details and be sure to check often for updates as they happen.

Click here for the full Press Release.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As usual, I am so there. Can't keep me away.

I like Fezzes. Fezzes are cool. ubikuberalles's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool. I'll be there (unless somethng comes up). I plan to bring some of my equipment and install it on PDF's table. I hope it helps out.

BTW, the link in the press release still points to the old OKGE site and doesn't work (you may want to fix that).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

You know I'll be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

I guess I need to figure out what I'm bringing as I'm setting up this year.. so far I've got a C-One that will be tagging along with me, and possibly an Amiga 4000T. I'm trying to figure out what theme I should do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to let all of you know. I do NOT plan to exhibit this year. This will be the first time that I haven't brought stuff up and setup a table, but I will have tons of other stuff going on during the show. I simply won't have time to keep constant watch over my table.

With that, I will still be bringing up the TVs for the classic game tourney as I always have each year and will be hosting that event as I have in the past.

I also plan to bring up that new Frogger cab, provided I can get it fully operational. And if I bring that, then I might as well bring up the DC Kiosk ehh? At least with those two Items, I can sorta set them up and leave them be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As usual, I'll be waving the Odyssey2 flag with the usual rarities like the trackball, but I'll also be showing off some of the new homebrews and recently-unearthed gems like Shark Hunter and Spider-Man (and maybe even Tutankham if it's out by then).

Also, I'll have a live running demo of Atari Video Music for everyone's psychedelic listening/viewing pleasure, and maybe a little bit of Famicom and Vectrex lovin' too. Plus the usual suspects, like the complete Coleco tabletop collection, retrogaming-related toys, and that video thing that everyone seems to like.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait! I hope to see all you guys again this year, I just hope I can make it again. I had a lot of fun last year, not to mention learning new stuff and making new freinds. This year I can hang out afterwards and drink some beer with you guys (beers on me corona&limes)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will check my calendar...I may have already made obligations to let chicks stay at my flat for irish fest in milwaukee that weekend. =\ Video game conventions > though....count me in, most likely!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent!

Hats off to Crossbow, for what will be another great show this year!

Hopefully, I will be able to attend, it depends on my new job that starts Monday, June the 12th. (To bad I didn't take that job in Tulsa )
    Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

I'm bumping this up a bit. So far on my table I've got a Commodore One to display, a couple CD32s probably, and various other C= stuff. I'm going to try to drag all my duplicate carts (200+) and wires/etc. I'm up for suggestions (look through the collection on my webpage). Last year I had an import theme - PC Engine Duo, Japanese Gamecube games, Brazillian SMS games, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Hey, it might actually be semi realistic for me to make it to this . . . must logisticize it.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking at going for the first time. I really wanted to go last year, but time and work wouldn't let me. Just trying to decide on the fly or drive option as it'll cost about the same with the way gas prices are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The tables are paid for...and I'm bringing company this time!

DP's own AltairBoy is planning on being there to show off some of his collection of vintage (and working!) MITS Altair computers at the PDF tables, with at least one 8800 up and running with a game or two, and some vintage computer magazines dating back before Apple came along and revolutionized everything. Now there's something ya don't see every day.

I'll have the usual Odyssey2 goodness, and if I can coax it into working again, the original Magnavox Odyssey (again, not something that you can get your paws on every day). There'll also be a real live working Atari Video Music there that you can try out hands-on (along with a nifty mix of game-related tunes and vintage 70s and 80s goodness), as well as the complete Coleco tabletop collection - all with batteries in 'em! - and all those great goodies in the PDF videogame memorabilia collection.

If I can get it all put together in time, this year will see the premiere of a new expanded version of the PDF video loop that has proven so popular in years past - with possibly even as much as an extra half-hour of vintage game clips.

Oh, and that's just the PDF table. Flack, icbrkr and quite a few others will be there, all with their own displays that are at least that cool.

If all this isn't sounding tasty enough for you to head to Tulsa for a Saturday, then I don't know what is! Come on out and play some classics. That number again is O-V-G-E.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

I've been working on this all morning. I've got 3 tables - 2 tables for displays, and 1 table for stuff to sell. What I've got so far:

Table 1:

Amiga CD32 - Playing Gloom (by request of SteveW)
    Amiga CD32 - Playing Guardian and any shooters I have with me
    <empty spot>

Table 2:

Commodore One - Playing .. ? I need help here. I need a list of about 10 C64 games that would be a good "pick it up and play" game. I say 10 because the C-One's core isn't 100% compatbile and it might not work.

Amiga 4000T - Playing ... ? I need an AGA title here to show off... again, quick "get into the game" sort of play. Also, if anyone wants to see a pretty loaded Amiga 4000T setup too, I'll break out of the game (it's a 4000 w/18MB, 5 disc CDROM changer, 24 bit video card, NIC, more).

Commodore 64C - Playing .. ? Creatures 2 has always been a hit for the death scenes but I'm up for something else.

Table 3:

Everything from my store is coming along pretty much (epochgames.com) .. 2600, 7800, 5200, NES, SNES, TI, Genesis, more.. and a lot of accessories and stuff that aren't on my store (cauz I haven't added em in yet). Controllers, some TI parts, a Coleco Telestar pong machine, 3 or 4 Sun Sparcstations and anything else extra that I have lying around. I'm sure I'll add more stuff to my table before the date arrives.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone from the Saint Louis area want to tag along with me, or better yet let me tag along with them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The OVGE is now only just over a month out. Time for some updates. Most of these changes are already reflected on the OVGE website, but just in case here is the current list of sponsors, vendors, exhibitors and events scheduled.

Current OVGE 2006 Sponsors:
    • AtariAge
    • Messiah Entertainment
    • Video Game Collector Magazine
    • Speedhost.com
    • Barcade Asmusements
    • GameXchange
    • Vintage Stock
    • Digital Press

Current OVGE 2006 Vendors: (Tentative)
    • Barcade Asmusements
    • Game Crazy
    • GameXchange
    • Lynda's Action Figures
    • Trade-N-Games
    • Video Game Collector
    • Vintage Stock

Current OVGE 2006 Exhibitors: (Tentative)
    • Brian Green - Teaming with Rob to display Commodore stuff
    • Jeff Cooper - Pac-man memorbilia and selling lots of games
    • Earl Green - The Odyssey man! And official OVGE historian
    • Rob "Flack" O'hara - Teaming with Brian to display and sell Commodore stuff
    • Max Newton & Dustin Johnson - Neo-Geo all the way!
    • Joshua Risner - Street Fighter started the whole fighter genre
    • Josh Dunbar - Not in person, but his artwork will be!
    • Brad Prillwitz - The Jaguar man!, but this year he has a suprise!
    • Smitty - Lots of games and systems to sell

As for tournaments this year we currently have the following:
    • OVGE Classic Game Tournament
    • +Atari 2600 - Megamania
    • +Sega Genesis - Space Invaders '91
    • +Turbo Grafix - Galaga '90
    The OVGE Classic Tourney will a be an Alien invasion theme this year as you can see.

We also have possible tournaments to be held by Max and Dustin who are the Neo-Geo side of our show and also possibly by Josh Risner with some good ole Street Fighter action!

Be sure to check the OVGE website for more updates as they come...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Galaga 90? Oh.. you just made me actually want to play in a tourney.. I will kick so much ass.

(.. goes off to practice.. without the cheat mode on)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll put out the call that I usually do - anyone who's coming to OVGE and wants to see any Odyssey2 rarities, homebrews or repros that I have, just drop me a PM and I'll throw that game into the box to bring with me so you can try it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

For those of you who are on the fence about coming, COME ON OUT!!! Me, PDF, Icbrkr, AltairBoy, Pantechnicon ... good god, if hanging out with us cool dudes like us doesn't get you laid, what will!

Ok, so maybe it won't help your sex life, but it's guaranteed to be a lot of fun. Many of us are going to be in town both Friday and Saturday nights, for those of you that wanna hook up for some grub and classic gaming conversation.

Come on out!!!