Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Default How long is too long on ebay

Not sure if this should go here, but I need to vent anyway

My girlfriend got me a 3do on ebay for my birthday.

She payed 95 dollars (20 to ship) on may 9th.

The package has yet to arrive (well missing my may 13th birthday). The guy emails me tonight and said he sent it out ON may 13th (after ignoring her emails of priority shipping and what have you) late saturday.. so he said that the following monday it was shipped UPS.

So now it's going to get here Monday of may 22nd, a mere 13 days after being payed.

Does that seem a bit ridiculous to anyone? Whenever I sell on ebay I ship out the same day or next day if it's too late. I don't wait 4 days later.

The funny thing is, I bought extra controllers last night off ebay because my nephew is coming in this weekend so I wanted to play some two player games. The lady said they'd be here on saturday. I'm gonna get the controllers before the system! D'oh

Is 4 days acceptable to ship? What should I do if anything? I know some people wait so they can ship everything off in one fell swoop, but I'm still ticked.

2 weeks wait and all I have to show for it will be controllers. I'm excited.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your new to ebay aren't you? Two weeks from the day you paid is lightning quick. He should have sent it out sooner, but all in all if I get something with the 30 days I'm thrilled.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

If 3-4 years buying/selling is new.

This isn't the first time it's happened.. but I've had a wicked cold all week and have been waiting to relive the glorious 3do days so I need to punch a wall or two.

98% of the time I receive my packages 2-4 days later.

Some people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always wait around 3-4 days. People have jobs and only can ship on saturdays. Post office is only open during work hours and people dont want to spend there lunch sitting on a line.

Its rare I get something out the same day for me, or even the day after. Happens, but its rare.

4 days is nothing.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Shhh it's everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

Two weeks is long, but don't fret. Some people aren't intentionally slow. When I did a trial auction for selling a nintendo deck and a couple of games, I was slow to the punch due to some stuff backing me up, but it got there.

I'm actually more surprised at the price that you paid. 120 bucks? Crap! I picked mine up at a friend's video game store for $30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If he shipped 4 days after receiving payment he didn't provide excellent service but it's not completely unreasonable either. It sucks that you paid extra for priority shipping though and he waited that long.

This is really a case where a neutral feedback would be appropriate however you can't really give it to him since you'd probably receive a neutral (or even a negative) in return just because he can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you sounds like a clone of kevin_psx...heŽll soon show up in this thread giving you all kinds of advice on how to get your money back by filing a claim to paypal or ebay

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Not sure why I sound like a clone, but I'm not really looking to trouble the guy, I just want my 3do. I really wanted here this weekend so my little nephew could get a chance and play return fire and what have you. Now we'll just have to throw the controllers at eachother and hope for a fun outcome.

and she paid 95 in all including the shipping, so it came to 75 for the system.

I don't want to file fraud claims and try to get his house. I just really need to play Way of the Warrior and see Shaky Jake shake his stick about. Is that so much a crime?!?!

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually get my stuff within 2 weeks. twice it took about a month but this was the fault of the postal service rather then the seller

but speaking of ebay....i bought 4 nes games on may 5th with a buy it now option useing paypal. so far its been 2 weeks and nothing. worse yet is i've sent him 2 very friendly emails asking politely if he has send the items and if payment was recevied to his satisfaction but not a peep from him. no reply emails no nothing, needless to say i'm getting slightly worred. his feedback is pretty good, like 750+ with only 2 negatives but unless hes haveing some major life problems it would at least be nice to get a reply to my emails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

If you ever want anything within a certain time frame, don't buy it from eBay. It's pretty average shipping. Don't be a jerk and leave him a neutral because you want it NOW!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what is your ebay ID, ponyone?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Don't be a jerk and leave him neutral? Not like I was going to, but I think he deserves a neutral. I don't care if it's on e-bay or not, I like things shipped on time. I give people the common courtesy of quick shipping. I don't think to myself "it's ebay. People on here are not worth my time. I'll ship it when I get around to it. Let em sweat."

The lady giving me the controllers.. she didn't even accept paypal. I was rushing to get the controllers, and didn't even notice this (never ran into a nonpaypaller on ebay)

I told her I'd send a check, which would require a 10 day wait on that alone, but I was looking forward to having them for the weekend (thinking the 3do would arrive),so she opened up a paypal account just for me and shipped them off next day priority (she went before work!). I'd bake her cookies if I knew how. She knows how to take care of her customers.

I have a job and I still send out that day or next. If I can't physically do it, I'll have someone else do it. Or go with a pickup service. I guess I just have good business practices.

2 weeks is quite a while. It's even longer when you're sick in bed and just need a little Road Rash to get you to recovery.

Why do you want my ebay id? What purpose will it serve to you?

I would have liked to have bought one from here, but it was my girlfriend who did all this so ebay it was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two weeks is hardly a wait at all. Just relax, it will get there. Most things I buy on the bay take a week and a half to two weeks, it really is no big deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well if you would give a neutral for someone that got a little caught up with something and took four days to get a package out - then you should get one yourself for not reading auction terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone
    The lady giving me the controllers.. she didn't even accept paypal. I was rushing to get the controllers, and didn't even notice this (never ran into a nonpaypaller on ebay)
    Too many damn eBay nazi's lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    If you ever want anything within a certain time frame, don't buy it from eBay. It's pretty average shipping. Don't be a jerk and leave him a neutral because you want it NOW!!!
    I have to agree here. I could understand being pissed if it took him 2 weeks to send it off, but really, as the others said, maybe he is unable to go to the post office until Saturday, or maybe they are waiting until they have several things to take before going to the post office. Ebay isn't freaking Amazon, and most people aren't on ebay as their sole business. Hell, I remember having to wait 6 weeks to get something from Amazon before.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Well if you would give a neutral for someone that got a little caught up with something and took four days to get a package out - then you should get one yourself for not reading auction terms.

Too many damn eBay nazi's lately.
    Um... what?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I have to agree here. I could understand being pissed if it took him 2 weeks to send it off, but really, as the others said, maybe he is unable to go to the post office until Saturday, or maybe they are waiting until they have several things to take before going to the post office. Ebay isn't freaking Amazon, and most people aren't on ebay as their sole business. Hell, I remember having to wait 6 weeks to get something from Amazon before.
    but I'm sick and need Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. This should trump most things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    but I'm sick and need Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. This should trump most things.
    what
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's great that you have people you can call on to go do your posting for you. But the fact is, some people really can't post during the week. They may not be able to get packages collected from their address either - or else there may be nobody in to deal with it.

Bottom line - you're not dealing with a business. You're dealing with an individual, and to get this wound up just because they posted at the weekend is completely unreasonable.

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous