Thread: How do you play Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How do you play Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun?

It's really cool, it has lots rape and it's very brutal

I don't know what the hell is going on but I still like playing it.....the faqs are incomplete I don't know what the hell to do besides beat the crap out of old crotchy ppl, pimps, ho's and innocents.

x_x
    Go, go Ackman!

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that was the second SFC game i bought. i gave up after messing around with it, as i had no idea what to do with the language barrier in place.

i wouldn't really bother with the SFC kunio games. the jailbreak one is kind of stale, and has annoying road-rash style levels in it as well.

buy u.f.o. kamen yakisoban instead, its another SFC beat 'em up where you fight villians that look like they stepped out of a mcdonalds commercial (the fryguys or whatever, etc.). its pretty cheap on ebay since its virtually unknown except as a collector's item.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, you could always try install the 75 percent complete English translation patch to help you understand things a bit better.

i wouldn't really bother with the SFC kunio games. the jailbreak one is kind of stale, and has annoying road-rash style levels in it as well.
    You're nuts, dude. Shin Nekketsu Kōha: Kunio-tachi no Banka is absolute quality. After all, what other game can you sit on and pummle a downed opponent to death on top of a Ferris Wheel?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    Well, you could always try install the 75 percent complete English translation patch to help you understand things a bit better.
    You mean the patch that Gideon hasn't released yet? :P There's no patch there, dude.

You can try Laxidman's translation while Gid finishes up.
    http://www.romhacking.net/trans/463/
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    You mean the patch that Gideon hasn't released yet? :P There's no patch there, dude.

You can try Laxidman's translation while Gid finishes up.
    http://www.romhacking.net/trans/463/
    Opps. Yeah, that's it. I knew there was a translation for the game somewhere online. Anywho, thanks for coming to the rescue, Kitsune Sniper, I never really pay attention to ROMS and translation patches because I'm more into playing the actual cart more than anything.

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eh, but its not very frantic for a beat 'em up. the levels are pretty bland (i like the caving in roof, though) and i don't think the combos are fluid enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I tried playing through this once, but even with the translation patch it was fairly boring. Everybody tries to beat you up, everybody's a sucker for the jump kick, and everybody takes too long to die. I mean, even if you miss the subway and start trying to walk between stations, there will still be random people appearing in the tunnels that you'll have to jump-kick over and over to knock out!

I never played the original River City Ransom, but it's got to be better than this! Maybe the new patch will help make things make more sense.

(By the way, contrary to what you might read in some places, you can buy things in this game. There's at least one vending machine, outside the hotel; you just have to walk up to it and push the appropriate button.)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THNX very much guys

Erm it is quite good I esp like kicking ppl while they're on the ground, important thing to note is that it is like an RPG so you level up and those gangs, get shut down quickly with one punch kills.

Erm a weird thing I noticed if you jump and jump you miss most of the random battles? I still like the game foo, foo on the haters

buy u.f.o. kamen yakisoban instead, its another SFC beat 'em up where you fight villians that look like they stepped out of a mcdonalds commercial (the fryguys or whatever, etc.). its pretty cheap on ebay since its virtually unknown except as a collector's item
    Is that the karem bike rider one? It isn't made by technos? Is it? I thought It was good but it lacked depth in the combat moves am I right? Also it was a bit hard.... I got far but then they forced me to restart, meh I should play it again someday.

Kunio gangster was quite good, no super double dragon but quite good at least 7/10 there were secret moves with the shoulder buttons.
    Go, go Ackman!