Thread: this is ridiculous...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    You didn't break any rules. It's called "common courtesy".

If you don't get it by now, you never will. I'm certainly done trying to explain it to you.
    I don't believe Hydrox has done anything wrong. It pains me to see such strong one-sided minds in this debate. Frankly, when a member of any group or society speaks his mind about a problem he's having, it IS made public. He would be doing his fellow board members an injustice if he had not said something.

Joe, if you don't get it by now, you never will. We are only trying to help. If voicing our minds in order to make the forum better is a part of the problem, than things really have changed here.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Ghsqb

Guys, why not drop it huh?

We're way past anything productive coming from this, you've all said your piece, you've been heard.

You guys have to understand that behind these usernames and mod decisions, there are real people.
    Real people who donate their time to try and make this a better community for all of us.
    When they make decisions, they don't do it out of malice or spite, and sometimes, they make mistakes.

When that happens (which isn't often) making it right is about the best you can hope for isn't it?
    And thats been done here.

It would be no different than walking into a place you volonteer at in RL and posting a notice on the door about a mistake you've made.
    They don't deserve the public browbeating, and whether or not that's what you've intended, that's what it's become.

So please, let it go. If you MUST have the last word, do it via PM where it belongs.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMan
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    You didn't
    break any rules. It's called "common courtesy".

If you don't get it by now, you never will. I'm certainly done trying to explain it to you.
    I don't believe Hydrox has done anything wrong. It pains me to see such strong one-sided minds in this debate. Frankly, when a member of any group or society speaks his mind about a problem he's having, it IS made public. He would be doing his fellow board members an injustice if he had not said something.

Joe, if you don't get it by now, you never will. We are only trying to help. If voicing our minds in order to make the forum better is a part of the problem, than things really have changed here.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Nothing has changed here but the attitude of some of our site's guests. There's a big difference between voicing your mind and "calling out" the staff. Any polite visitor would have simply requested the locking mod to reconsider his decision rather than rally up a crowd in public.

Apply this to your real life. When you're confronted with a problem at the supermarket, at school, at church... do you deal with the problem face-to-face or do you rally up a crowd of people to fight your cause for you? Why does the approach have to change in an online community?

I'll tell you why. It's because some people rely on others to come up with the solutions. They make a lot of noise with the hopes that someone else can articulate this for them. It doesn't have to be that way here, it never HAS been that way. PM a staff member, we deal with user complaints very well and as a team.

This issue has already been resolved. I will ask one more time. Let it go.