Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: lock please

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have seen this game go for over $700 on Ebay.

Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    I have seen this game go for over $700 on Ebay.
    It maybe most likely was in mint condition mine isnt

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's really not that big of deal, just tell the dude you droped the game at the last minute and now you hear broken peices inside the box, I'm sure after hearing that he would'nt want to pay for it.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if i tell him take then he going to leave a negative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Suck it up and give it to the man, thats assuming he pays of course.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    Tell the guy its no longer for sale or something. One neg. is worth all that money, trust me.
    That's horseshit. If he didn't want to sell it under a certain price then he should have set a reserve or started the auction at that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken
    it's really not that big of deal, just tell the dude you droped the game at the last minute and now you hear broken peices inside the box, I'm sure after hearing that he would'nt want to pay for it.
    Geez, another one. Do us a favor guys and let us know what your ebay account names are so we can block you from bidding on our auctions.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This one sux hehe. I bought a TIGER handheld LCD game once, which i really needed at the time. The next highest bidder contacted me and offered me $100 for it (3 times more than i payed), but i still said no.

Some days later i suddently got my money refunded from the seller. He said he dropped the game in the floor and it was broken. I told him to send it anyway, but he had threw it in the garbage and the garbagemen had just been there. I then confronted him that i had been in contact with the next highest bidder and told him that he said he had bought it instead. He then said he had 2 copies haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    This one sux hehe. I bought a TIGER handheld LCD game once, which i really needed at the time. The next highest bidder contacted me and offered me $100 for it (3 times more than i payed), but i still said no.

Some days later i suddently got my money refunded from the seller. He said he dropped the game in the floor and it was broken. I told him to send it anyway, but he had threw it in the garbage and the garbagemen had just been there. I then confronted him that i had been in contact with the next highest bidder and told him that he said he had bought it instead. He then said he had 2 copies haha
    Did you leave a negative?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually no, but i would have. The reason why i didnt do it was because i was going to wait for 89 days before i left feedback so he couldnt give me a revenge negative. I misscalculated the days and it went over 90 days. Later i learned that you can leave feedback after 90 days also. But then it was too late, Ebay had already removed the auction from their archive so it wasnt viewable.

It variates from person to person and what excuse you come up with. If it is beliveable i guess he wont leave you negative, but you never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if you really "ripped yourself off" by selling the game for $300. How much did you pay for the game? Assuming you found it locally or bought it back in the day, you've mad a pretty hefty profit.
    If you really don't want to sell it too him, you should try offering him like $20 to not take it and leave you positive feedback, then relist the game and hopefully you'll get more than your $20 back.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, I gotta ask.

I recall you selling some other games on the forum (a sealed valkyrie profile I think) and pricing fairly aggressively and not backing down on price... which is fine, it's your right as a seller.. but then it seems weird to drop down the price on the secret of mana to a level we both know sucks.

Now.. maybe you just need the money, I wouldn't have thought twice about except for your pm a month or two ago saying you were *buying*, not selling, a secret of mana, sending me those pictures, asking if it was factory.

I respond "not sure from those pics, either legit or a good fake"

...and then a week you're selling the game... I ask you about it and you basically say "oh yeah, I meant to say I was the seller not the buyer.."

Now, with all due respect, that seems very strange. If you're the seller why ask. If you're selling it and you know it's factory, why ask me? Just seems weird.

I can't help but think it's possible that it's a reseal you were trying to pass off and wanted to ask me if I could tell so you'd have a better idea of whether your potential buyers would be able to tell?

Now, I don't know you and I'm not accusing you of anything - it just all seemed very strange and left a lot of questions in my mind. Could be that there's a perfectly rational explanation, but let me ask you directly - was it a reseal?

Not trying to tarnish reputations here - if I'm way offbase I apologize. But I can't help but look at this and think that reseal is the most likely scenario, so I gotta ask the question.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mate you definitely have to honour the auction and sell him the game, it's just the right thing to do.

Looking through his feedback he seems to be snapping up a lot of games, so he is either a collector, or re-sells under a different account. If he is a collector, then you probably made his day by him getting the game for this price . If he does resell, then , but selling him the game is still the right thing to do.

Maybe the karma will work in your favour for being ethical, and you'll get a sweet find in the coming weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't be a bitch about it, send the man his game!
    This is a thing of trust. Nobody likes to get ripped off. NOBODY.
    And, for all those people who are telling him to, do you do this on a regular basis? I don't think it's a good practise to lie to people.
    My feedback
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99982
    Looking to sell Valkyrie Profile for the Playstation. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    You suck at life.

Insert Coin (Level 0) NickmasterX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So in theory you're really paying about 250+ dollars for a piece of plastic and a game youre never going to play

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default True worth of that game

Two points.

1. What one poster, or two dozen, on these boards might think the game is worth doesn't mean a thing. It is worth only as much as any giver buyer is willing to pay. Period. Whether you like it or not, nobody was going to pay more than the guy who won that auction. I bet you had plenty of people watching that auction and if it was up for seven days, then anyone who would have wanted it at least knew it was out there. Someone after a sealed copy of that game probably checks Ebay three times a day, so no real SNES collectors failed to see it was out there. That is safe to assume.

2. You sell anything Ebay and you take the chance of not getting what you want for an item. How about going on Ebay forums and asking an experienced seller with a few thousand feedbacks how often he (or she) has felt shortchanged on the final bid?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default True worth of that game

Double post.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NickmasterX
    So in theory you're really paying about 250+ dollars for a piece of plastic and a game youre never going to play
    And exactly how is that any different from paying $700 for a stadium events you're never going to play? Please enlighten?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the funniest thing is... REMEMBER, the OP set the 299.99 price as the BUY IT NOW -- I see folks saying "you run the risk on eBay of an item going for lower than what you would have liked" -- in this case the seller (the OP) listed it at 300 BIN, and then comes here to bitch about it.

Amusing.

no offense but I find this whole thing silly.

Yes, there is seller's remorse. But why he set it at 300 when he probably could have set the BIN even higher -- is beyond me. 500 he could have probably had a taker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I see folks saying "you run the risk on eBay of an item going for lower than what you would have liked"
    That would be me! I didn't even look at the auction link, to be honest, because I'd never expect anyone to use Buy It Now for that type of auction. I'd have just listed it for a full 7 days and let the money roll in

There is something to be said for a buyer getting a good deal, too, which is part of the appeal of Ebay. Obviously, the seller wants to get as much as they can. However, what is wrong with someone getting a bargain? As long as you are not the seller