Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: lock please

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should follow through on this.By not selling this you give people second thought about dealing with you.You have to learn from this and set reserves or prices accordingly.Good luck!
    Can't we all just get along?

Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    Alright, I gotta ask.

I recall you selling some other games on the forum (a sealed valkyrie profile I think) and pricing fairly aggressively and not backing down on price... which is fine, it's your right as a seller.. but then it seems weird to drop down the price on the secret of mana to a level we both know sucks.

Now.. maybe you just need the money, I wouldn't have thought twice about except for your pm a month or two ago saying you were *buying*, not selling, a secret of mana, sending me those pictures, asking if it was factory.

I respond "not sure from those pics, either legit or a good fake"

...and then a week you're selling the game... I ask you about it and you basically say "oh yeah, I meant to say I was the seller not the buyer.."

Now, with all due respect, that seems very strange. If you're the seller why ask. If you're selling it and you know it's factory, why ask me? Just seems weird.

I can't help but think it's possible that it's a reseal you were trying to pass off and wanted to ask me if I could tell so you'd have a better idea of whether your potential buyers would be able to tell?

Now, I don't know you and I'm not accusing you of anything - it just all seemed very strange and left a lot of questions in my mind. Could be that there's a perfectly rational explanation, but let me ask you directly - was it a reseal?

Not trying to tarnish reputations here - if I'm way offbase I apologize. But I can't help but look at this and think that reseal is the most likely scenario, so I gotta ask the question.

Never had a sealed vaklye profile. Your thinking of redsunset. And i brought this on ebay and it said it factory sealed so i went by it. The reason i ask you was because you are a Honest person here i thought i would get your input so i ask you and since i couldnt get a 100 percent answer i had to go by what the seller of the auction i got it for when by

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    the funniest thing is... REMEMBER, the OP set the 299.99 price as the BUY IT NOW -- I see folks saying "you run the risk on eBay of an item going for lower than what you would have liked" -- in this case the seller (the OP) listed it at 300 BIN, and then comes here to bitch about it.

Amusing.

no offense but I find this whole thing silly.

Yes, there is seller's remorse. But why he set it at 300 when he probably could have set the BIN even higher -- is beyond me. 500 he could have probably had a taker.
    I listed it for 500 for a few days nobody wanted it

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tornadostormxl
    the funniest thing is... REMEMBER, the OP set the 299.99 price as the BUY IT NOW -- I see folks saying "you run the risk on eBay of an item going for lower than what you would have liked" -- in this case the seller (the OP) listed it at 300 BIN, and then comes here to bitch about it.

Amusing.

Yes, there is seller's remorse. But why he set it at 300 when he probably could have set the BIN even higher -- is beyond me. 500 he could have probably had a taker.
    Well, if you couldn't sell it for $500, then selling it for $400 probably would have been a great deal, and selling it for $300 is probably a good deal. I think you need to honor your sell. You set the price . . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpunch5

Amusing.

Well, if you couldn't sell it for $500, then selling it for $400 probably would have been a great deal, and selling it for $300 is probably a good deal. I think you need to honor your sell. You set the price . . .

I list it for 650 to 600 to 550 to 460 to 369 to 300 in a 10 day trial

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, I gotta ask.
    //EDITED FOR SHORTNESS//

I can't help but think it's possible that it's a reseal you were trying to pass off and wanted to ask me if I could tell so you'd have a better idea of whether your potential buyers would be able to tell?

Now, I don't know you and I'm not accusing you of anything - it just all seemed very strange and left a lot of questions in my mind. Could be that there's a perfectly rational explanation, but let me ask you directly - was it a reseal?

Not trying to tarnish reputations here - if I'm way offbase I apologize. But I can't help but look at this and think that reseal is the most likely scenario, so I gotta ask the question.
    The reason i ask you was because you are a Honest person here i thought i would get your input so i ask you and since i couldnt get a 100 percent answer i had to go by what the seller of the auction i got it for when by
    Well now, this is an interesting one. I will say that I have to take tornadostorm at his word that he bought this game in this condition and, it was sold to him as a factory seal. I would also like to state that I have no personal interest in this mater nor do I wish to start a fight. Please do not take these next comments as a provocation nor a challenge.

I showed my friend this thread so he could see what this game sold for. He was amazed at the price and, didnt realizes that old games sold for that much more when they were factory sealed. However, when i showed him the pictures of the game and its plastic wrapper he immediately broke out into laughter and said that was not factory sealing. By what he told me that is the exact same pattern of resealing that blockbuster used to use on thier games. He knows this because his brother used to work there so he became very framilliar with the system they used.
    Now I cant say thats not a factory seal or not. None of us here can really with out some sort of audit trail but, I know one person who is absolutely sure its a reseal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

duuuuuudddeee you could of bought 4 copies of snatcher for that! or 2 copies of dracula x rondo of blood

wait a sec your the seller it for that much hmmm. Doesnt seem to bad to me I had a couple sells go high like keio , one time i had a customer affected by the hurricane in florida a few years back he was my highest bidded but couldnt pay then i relisted keio flying squad and didnt get nearly as much as the last bidder. You just have to face to the music when selling it to him.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Too bad you can't buy and sell integrity on eBay, huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are a loser. And probably a loser without honor, if you dont sell it for that amount that YOU specified.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, I gotta ask.

I recall you selling some other games on the forum (a sealed valkyrie profile I think) and pricing fairly aggressively and not backing down on price... which is fine, it's your right as a seller.. but then it seems weird to drop down the price on the secret of mana to a level we both know sucks.

Now.. maybe you just need the money, I wouldn't have thought twice about except for your pm a month or two ago saying you were *buying*, not selling, a secret of mana, sending me those pictures, asking if it was factory.

...and then a week you're selling the game... I ask you about it and you basically say "oh yeah, I meant to say I was the seller not the buyer.."

Now, with all due respect, that seems very strange. If you're the seller why ask. If you're selling it and you know it's factory, why ask me? Just seems weird.

Never had a sealed vaklye profile. Your thinking of redsunset. And i brought this on ebay and it said it factory sealed so i went by it. The reason i ask you was because you are a Honest person here i thought i would get your input so i ask you and since i couldnt get a 100 percent answer i had to go by what the seller of the auction i got it for when by
    My apologies man. Really. For some reason I confused the two names in my head and worked up a conspiracy theory Thanks for the response and sorry again - I feel like I should be wearing a shirt that says

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless you made an honest mistake (listed a $100 item as $1.00 or similar) you NEED to honor the sale. There's no reason not to -- it's a decent price (not like it's $50), and you set that price.

As long as the buyer pays, it's what you agreed to. Thinking you could get more is just greed, and nothing else.

I would hope your honor and integrity are worth more than the $100-300 you'd be stiffing this guy to get. Aren't they???

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tornado - I think you just got unlucky with the timing. Honestly, $300 for a sealed secret of mana - that's a great deal. But the # of people looking for one at any moment in time is fairly small. I think you might have been better off just sitting on it for a month or two and trying again later..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it doesnt look as he going to pay

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how come?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well it be 2 days and the guy sent me emails about it and he doesnt trust it and bronty would you ever sell your secret of mana for 300?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well it doesnt look as he going to pay
    Doesn't surprise me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the user who brought it may be a user here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

the user who brought it may be a user here
    I don't believe so.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well it be 2 days and the guy sent me emails about it and he doesnt trust it and bronty would you ever sell your secret of mana for 300?
    I definitely wouldn't, no, it's too hard to replace. He said he doesn't trust it? Did he give a reason? Seems weird he'd bid on it and then not trust it all of a sudden. But you know what, if he doesn't want to pay and if you regret the sale maybe both of you are best served forgetting about the deal..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say if he pays, you've gotta sell it to him. Not just because its a binding contract (which it is), and not just because he'll leave negative feedback if you don't (which he will), but because you'd be a dick not to.

That being said, if he doesn't want to pay, I wouldn't pressure him into it. That way you can honourably back out of your own deal.