Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the glitchiest/buggiest game you own (or know of)?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What is the glitchiest/buggiest game you own (or know of)?

For me, that'd have to be Big Rigs. But that's really obvious.

You can drive completely off the map into gray nothingness, reverse backwards to light speeds, and there is absolutely no clipping. Course #4 crashes the game, and there are so many other ridiculous problems I'm not going to go on.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me it was Enter the Matrix for the PC. When it shipped, it wouldn't run, so you had to get a patch. Even then it kept crashing. Bugs galore in the game. Clipping issues, ai that wouldn't activate... poor quality overall. Then i could never get the game to load level 8... so never finished it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since Big Rigs is the glitchiest game of all time, I don't think I can top that.

Although, maybe it shouldn't be considered "glitchy" so much as "only 20% finished before they put it in a box and sold it."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, you can skip over Big Rigs and go to your next glitchiest game.

It would be cool if everyone posted a diff glitchy game.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default A dark horse

It may not make an all-time list but I'd say Super Mario Bros contains its fair share.

1. The Minus World (not to mention numerous other underground worlds where you can move/glide through brick walls)

2. That trick where you can leap on the axe and Bowser at the same time and under the right circumstances, you can end up as either a small fire Mario or a large Mario who dies with the first hit rather than shrinking. I saw a few times where Mario ends up small after pulling this off and when he took his first hit, instead of dying, he turned into "Super" Mario (in which the next hit killed him). Weird. All without Game Genie plugged in.

Anyone else care to name a couple?

Speaking of Game Genie, though, the fact that this game had more bizarre GG codes than any title I can remember on NES speaks volumes.

Want another?

The NES Double Dragon was also embarrassing with some of its glitches. Like the "trick" near the end where you can use a weapon on the bosses or the Mission 2 trick where you can beat up an invisible enemy to pad your score/raise your levels. As if either of those were really left in there intentionally. You also had glitches that allowed you to "kill" enemies (or avoid them) like Abobo or Chintai by walking off the screen and they either die or disappear. The first level had that elevator glitch near Abobo's lair. You could go on all night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Re: A dark horse

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    It may not make an all-time list but I'd say Super Mario Bros contains its fair share.

1. The Minus World (not to mention numerous other underground worlds where you can move/glide through brick walls)

2. That trick where you can leap on the axe and Bowser at the same time and under the right circumstances, you can end up as either a small fire Mario or a large Mario who dies with the first hit rather than shrinking. I saw a few times where Mario ends up small after pulling this off and when he took his first hit, instead of dying, he turned into "Super" Mario (in which the next hit killed him). Weird. All without Game Genie plugged in.

Anyone else care to name a couple?
    A couple weeks ago i played SMB (On a SMB cart) On the first level i somehow managed to get mario into the ground and he slid off of the screen (Going right, not down) Then the game locked up and i had to reset the NES.

An interesting glitch.

Anyway, back to the main subject.

The game that i own with the most glitches is Driver 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

For Me it was nascar 2004 for the ps 2. The Audio had tons of glitiches. They Claimed you had a bad race when you won a race according to the commentors after the race. There also is one with the spotter giving the car number to the car behind me, front of my car or to the car next to my race car the wrong number or name when the driver is not in the car or in the race. That is without the glitch of confusing a women driver in the game as a man according to the spotter.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shenmue 2 for the DC, of course I was playing the import on a NTSC Dreamcast, but it would always crash when I entered a house, new day or randomly when it accessed the disk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I second Enter the Matrix for PC, what a piece of garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The biggest glitch I ever encountered was on my copy of FF3/6 many moons ago on my first run. I think it is called the Relm Glitch or something. Basically when using Relm the screen goes crazy and you end up with 99 (or whatever the max is) of pretty much every item in the game.

My memory is foggy as to how it all went down (considering it was 10 or 12 years ago), but I believe glitch is well documented if you want to look it up. It did happen to me on my first run and in retrospect probably ruined my experience of the game the first run through. Oh well.

I should pull out my cart and see if it is still saved.

--
    I agree there's alot of SMB glitches, but they aren't necessarily that easy to come by (unless you KNOW how to do them). I don't ever remember getting stuck in walls, the axe trick, the 1-up trick, ducking the flame rails in water, or -1 world, etc etc before the internet.

I think something like the Metroid glitch where you climb through undeveloped areas is a bigger glitch than all of SMB combined.

My copy of Castlevania for NES likes to freeze up on Death which is really annoying, although my first copy was much worse.

--
    One more thing, while I"m at it. My copy of Dr. Mario on NES. When I play 2-player, the colors of the pills (one side only) are messed up on the 2-player's side. Are all copys of Dr. Mario like this? Makes the game unplayable in 2-player mode (or at least a major handicap).

I know there's alot more I just can't recall right now.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never played the game, but it was for PC, some space type of game,,,, the guys reviewing it at PC Games magazine couldn't even get it to work and their whole article was on how games are so rushed now that it's terrible. That was years ago, but I still thought it was a great article, wish I could remember what it was...

Me personally, non-PC, probably Wing Commander III for PSX, if you pressed too many of the L & R buttons at once it just skipped to this screen of text showing some weird coding error. At first I thought it was a random glitch, but then I was able to make it happen whenever I wanted.

Nate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually bought Battlecruiser 3000AD when it came out. As anyone that has played the original release of it knows, it was literally an unplayable mess. After A LOT of patching (...and then being released for free a year or two later) it really came together, but holy fucking sheepshit was that a colossal clusterfuck of previously unattained proportions.

Sin, Blood 2, and Daikatana were also buggy messes when they rolled out. Sin got patched up quite a bit and became rather playable, but Blood 2 and Daikatana never really got fixed enough and require some serious voodoo magic to get running stable enough to play through. Sadly, neither one is worth playing through in single player (though Daikatana really shined in co op).

Finally, insert comedy Daggerfall option. I've never had the game run stable. Ever. I guess it's supposed to be not-so-bad in DOSbox, so I'll have to run it via that sometime, but I've had the game since it came out and it's always been a crashtastic pile of shit (which makes me sad, because I really want to play through it sometime)

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by nate1749
    I never played the game, but it was for PC, some space type of game,,,, the guys reviewing it at PC Games magazine couldn't even get it to work and their whole article was on how games are so rushed now that it's terrible. That was years ago, but I still thought it was a great article, wish I could remember what it was...
    Sounds like their Battlecruiser 3000AD review!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa
    Shenmue 2 for the DC, of course I was playing the import on a NTSC Dreamcast, but it would always crash when I entered a house, new day or randomly when it accessed the disk.
    Were you playing a burned copy? The reason I ask is because a lot of groups who were ripping DC games weren't doing it correctly and when the image was being written it was writing in alphabetical order by the name of the files (when in fact the game files were strategically placed in certain spots so that the laser wouldn't have to run all over the cd).

These bad rips, caused problems such as this. I had a friend who beat shemnue 2, I'll have to ask him if he had any problems.

Nate

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

whats the deal with Big Rigs? anyone care to fill me in/elaborate, or point me to a direction where i can read up on it.

Morrowind was pretty buggy on pc when first released, and ill second Enter the Matrix (PC)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think i remember PC Gamer reviewing the game....but i get that mixed up with all the bad games cranked out by Head Games (mostly using XTREME in the title).

Thats one awesome cover though!

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Oh man, it's the "YOU'RE WINNER!" game! XD

Buggiest game I own? Probably Codename Nina: Global Terrorism Strike Force. See that review? I thought they were joking. Then I found the game for $3.

Then I realized that, at the very least, SomethingAwful's PC game reviews are to be trusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The final fantasy 3 glitch someone spoke of is executed as such:

Have Realm and Gau in your party. Go to the veldt.

have Gau "leap"

when Gau returns to join your party, have Realm "sketch" him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Big Rigs may have been developed solely so that there couldn't be an argument what the worst game of all time is. There is no argument now, because nothing touches how bad Big Rigs is.

But it is so bad that it's funny in many ways. You might even say it's WINNER!

Glitchiest game I own... hmm... ESPN NFL 2K5 is pretty glitchy, even if it's one of the best football games out there. Anyone who's played it extensively knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

Default game bugs

i would have to agree with Enter The Matrix....i have it for the xbox and the game will freez up for no reason at all, and it happens all the time....