Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the glitchiest/buggiest game you own (or know of)?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by mills
    The final fantasy 3 glitch someone spoke of is executed as such:

Have Realm and Gau in your party. Go to the veldt.

have Gau "leap"

when Gau returns to join your party, have Realm "sketch" him.
    Funny, I got the glitch at random at Kefka's Tower.

I am aware that there's two or three different FFIII variants, though. The same cart and sticker, but different code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two off the top of my head:

- Deadly Towers (NES) -- I'm actually one of the unfortunate few to have actually finished this game. I remember having all 7 bells and burning them, but the game let me keep on burning them after I finished all 7, causing weird graphical glitches every time I did. Not to mention that the game locked up quite frequently (in an era where 'freezing' console games was pretty rare). It could have been a connector issue with my NES, but all my other games worked fine.

- Daggerfall (PC) -- one of the buggiest PC games I've ever played, plus it seems like every time that Bethesda released a patch for it, they somehow managed to make previous save games incompatible. I got so frustrated that I could never finish it (though I loved Morrowind and Oblivion).

Extreme Paintbrawl (PC) was also a pretty buggy game. You know that the QA guys at Head Games were asleep at the wheel for that one (assuming they had QA guys in the first place)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only counting console games, my award goes to GTA Vice City.

Hundreds upon hundreds of glitches, shooting through walls, not being able to pick up items, events not triggering... It was horrable for the ps2 (at least the first printing). The game actually killed one of my xboxes. The game locked up so hard it stopped the system fan.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nate1749
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa
    Shenmue 2 for the DC, of course I was playing the import on a NTSC Dreamcast, but it would always crash when I entered a house, new day or randomly when it accessed the disk.
    Were you playing a burned copy? The reason I ask is because a lot of groups who were ripping DC games weren't doing it correctly and when the image was being written it was writing in alphabetical order by the name of the files (when in fact the game files were strategically placed in certain spots so that the laser wouldn't have to run all over the cd).

These bad rips, caused problems such as this. I had a friend who beat shemnue 2, I'll have to ask him if he had any problems.

Nate
    I can vouch for him since I watched my boyfriend play through a legit European copy of Shenmue 2 on our US Dreamcast, and he had issues with crashing quite a few times.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the glitchiest game I own is, but probably the most glitchy yet still really good game I have is Lufia 2. Man, does it have a million problems, including an entire area where the graphics are scrambled. I remember calling up Nintendo of America's helpline thinking I had a busted cart or something, and they really couldn't offer much of any help. I managed to work my way through the area since it's mostly just a matter of heading up, and then years later I learned online that ALL copies of the game have that area completely scrambled. It's a shame too because it's pretty significant story-wise. I suspect that a lot of the glitches are a result of a poor localization that screwed up the code.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Dragons Lair 3D is pretty glitchy, to the point where it just turns into trial and error in most parts. One I had to restart my game, because I got this weird blue screen of death type deal that had a bunch of coding on it. It wasn't a big deal since the game isn't that long and I just kept on making backup saves just incase it happened again.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaniel
    Extreme Paintbrawl (PC) was also a pretty buggy game. You know that the QA guys at Head Games were asleep at the wheel for that one (assuming they had QA guys in the first place)
    Ahh Head Games. I think i remember reading in PC Gamer that that game shipped with no AI at all.

Head Games "Extreme Rodeo" is still my favorite review simply for the line "pretty soon my hard drive was crawlin' for some uninstallin'."

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nate1749
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa
    Shenmue 2 for the DC, of course I was playing the import on a NTSC Dreamcast, but it would always crash when I entered a house, new day or randomly when it accessed the disk.
    Were you playing a burned copy? The reason I ask is because a lot of groups who were ripping DC games weren't doing it correctly and when the image was being written it was writing in alphabetical order by the name of the files (when in fact the game files were strategically placed in certain spots so that the laser wouldn't have to run all over the cd).

These bad rips, caused problems such as this. I had a friend who beat shemnue 2, I'll have to ask him if he had any problems.

Nate
    Nope, the legit version. Truth be told, my DC on the whole has been getting a little buggy so that might be causeing it as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Master of Monsters Playstation

If my memory serves me correctly Master of Monsters for the Playstation was bug full. Crashing, freezing, and one big pile of crap.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dubiouscubanx

The game that I owned w/ the most glitches would have to be True Crime: Streets of L.A., for the Gamecube. Every now and then, when I would drive to a "mission", my car would drive straight into the ground, and I would get a message that said "Welcome to NOWHERE!" The game would proceed to run at about 4 fps, and finally it would freeze. A reset of the system would cure the problem.

BTW, first post here!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default maaaaaa

enter the matrix is probably one of the buggyest of current gen.
    the only time though a bug has absolutly ended the playing of a game for me was with deus ex 2: invisible war for xbox. i spent 5 hours on one save game and saved it at a random point. then when i started it back up i was stuck in a box, spent at least an hour trying to get out again, never could. i havent played that game since.
    also tony hawk 2 would always get me floating above the pavement in a constant trick line like i was always falling. it was really anoying but cool if you could master it and do it at will.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know if anyone here has or wants to pick up battlefield 2 on the 360 but thats full of glitches from what i hear. and im saying from what i hear because im stuck at a point were one of the bad guys i need to kill keeps going to a part of the level i cant go to and if i try to go to him the game just kills me after I leave a certain point of the map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

E fucking T.

The entire game is one giant glitch.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    E fucking T.

The entire game is one giant glitch.
    I think you might be the winner... ET is the ONLY 2600 game i own too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno if it's just my copy or if it's the game itself, but my copy of Me and My Katamari for PSP has some really bad audio glitches. For most of the levels the audio won't play at all, and sometimes it finally starts up in the middle of the level and is really choppy and warped. I didn't get a chance to ask my co-worker - who is the only person I currently know personally who owns the game - before he got fired, so I dunno if it's a glitch or a defective copy. That's the most recent example I can think of, I can't remember anything else off the top of my head.

Although while I was still at GameStop I learned that the 360 versions of Major League Baseball 2K6 froze up if you saved it on the hard drive. You have to save it on the memory unit or else your game will screw up and/or get erased.
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Grand Theft Auto (GBC) was pretty glitchy. Location arrows would steer you towards the wrong area (or wouldn't even show up at all), cars and/or people would be missing (which meant that certain missions couldn't be progressed), and sometimes you'd be left with nothing to do. Add to the fact that even though the game was compatible with the original Game Boy, it ran about 10x slower on the GB, making it unplayable.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dubiouscubanx
    The game that I owned w/ the most glitches would have to be True Crime: Streets of L.A., for the Gamecube. Every now and then, when I would drive to a "mission", my car would drive straight into the ground, and I would get a message that said "Welcome to NOWHERE!" The game would proceed to run at about 4 fps, and finally it would freeze. A reset of the system would cure the problem.

BTW, first post here!
    I've spent a good amount of time with Streets of LA on the Gamecube, and yeah, it's pretty glitchy at points. Btw, the message actually says "Welcome to No Name" I've also noticed sections of streets that don't have names, and the street signs read "No Name Ave"

Some more glitches:
    -Sometimes after you play for a while, the traffic signal lights will appear in weird places, such as above and below the traffic signal.
    -When you're driving on the freeway, sometimes the destination signs will flash to purple and then back to green as you approach them.
    -At the northern end of the 405 freeway, sometimes the game will slow down and you'll hear the sound of someone getting hit, although there's nobody around.
    -At the end of the tunnel where I-10 west turns into California State Highway 1, any car traveling the freeway will try to merge into the right lane and sometimes crash into each other or the freeway barrier. Kinda funny. A similar thing happens on 405 north at the Sunset Blvd exit and at the eastern end of I-10 where the freeway merges into I-5.
    -Sometimes when missions pop up, the car/s you're supposed to stop will just spawn and get tossed between a building or a wall (like, say, if I tossed some hot wheel cars onto the ground).

Also, another way to fix the slowdown problem is to pause the game (wait a few seconds and it will pause) and go back to the main menu. Restart the mission you were on and you should have no problems. The thing is, the game just needs to re-load the city.

Btw, welcome to DP!

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those horrible, out-of-sync, made-of-plasticene cutscenes in Halo2 will make me shudder for the rest of my life. They look like a freakin' Agetec RPG. Who did Bungie farm the CG contract out to? It sure as hell couldn't have been done in-house!!

A beautiful, wonderful game that was sadly rendered practically unplayable due to very bad glitches was Primal on the PS2. For shame, I wished that the developer would have fixed it and put it onto another platform. I still want to see how it plays out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

current-gen:

True Crime:New York Xbox/PS2 - the game has lots of small glitches and a few larger that can be irritating as hell sometimes although I never ran into any that actually made the game lock up (yet).
    I picked it up just to see if it was another Enter the Matrix and SURPRISE I actually like the game and just recently finished it.

GTA: Vice City XBOX: I bought the GTA double pack for Xbox when it was first released and Vice City was FULL OF BUGS, I remember my car sticking into the ground of the bridges and characters getting stuck in walls etc. Funny though GTA 3 both looked and played great on Xbox and I never noticed any bugs in the GTA 3 Xbox version.

Madden 2005 collectors edition: I put collectors edition since it was the only copy I had (until I gave it away). This game was full of glitches for some reason, from fucked up animations to strange audio glitches.

Splinter Cell PT on Gamecube: this fucking game froze up on me 3 times within 2 hours when I rented it for Gamecube. One specific time I remember was finishing the "train" level and when I was climbing out ol Sam was doing the spidey thing hanging in mid air completely frozen.

Its like soo many third party developers would treat the Gamecube ports of many of their major game franchises like the redheaded stepchild and stuff them in a broom closet somewhere with two of their most untalented programmers for a quick once-over port of a games that were basically made for PS2/Xbox.

classic:

I remember Rad Racer freezing up on my NES a lot but it could have been the old NES I had.

More PSX games than I can remember:
    the fifth element-an ugly steaming mass of brown glitches.
    Future cop LAPD= one word CAMERA
    the Simpsons wrestling-enough said
    Chocobo racing- "slide against walls" is what this fucked up wanna-be cart racer should have been called.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NHL 2K6 is by far the buggiest game ever released. If you guys played this game you would be shocked it was let out the door in the state it was. 2K5 was almost as buggy, and I have heard horror stories about MLB 2K6 as well.

Basically anything the KUSH team at 2K Games touches is a bug filled nightmare.
    My System History in order of purchase: Coleco Vision - Master System - Genesis - Game Gear - Sega CD - 32X - Saturn - Nomad - PS1 - Dreamcast - PS2 - DS - PS3 (60GB) - PSP - 360.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Current Gen: Showdown Legends of Wrestling 3 - it had a TON of glitches where you could grab people without even being close to them, loss of texture making your character all solid black, just a mess. When it worked it was fun, but the glitches made it almost unplayable.

Classic: Commando for the NES. I actually posted on a forum asking if a NES game could be ruined because I thought the disappearing/magically appearing soldiers had to be a problem with my cart. Then I played it on an emulator and realized it just a terrible, buggy mess. How they messed up such a simple game amazes me.