Thread: Prikura Daisakusen (SAT)

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Prikura Daisakusen (SAT)

I just won a new copy of this on ebay for $70. I hope it's worth it. I think I got a pretty good deal on it. Was on BIN for $150 for about a month, went on auction starting at $70 and nobody bid on it, went back on auction starting at $1 and I got it for $70. So if you're in the market for one, just wait. The seller has a couple more copies up for $150 BIN now, and he seems to want to get rid of them all, so just wait till he gets tried of no one buying them and he'll put them up for a low opening bid. You may get lucky too.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, are they sealed and come with all the extra stuff bundled in?
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, factory sealed double jewel case, I assume they come with everything, but dunno what it's supposed to come with.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Yes, factory sealed double jewel case, I assume they come with everything, but dunno what it's supposed to come with.
    I believe it was a calendar and some type of cards.

Anywho, thanks for the heads up. That sounds like a pretty decent deal for a new/sealed copy of the game.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I enjoyed playing Prikura Daisakusen. Very nice artistic flair through out the game and beautifully done. The power-up system was pretty cool too because you could choose to rescue animals that were released when you defeated enemies and earn yourself a good (ie: angels, ect.) sidekick helper or concentrate on collecting wealth in the form of gems that would earn yourself a bad (ie: demons) helper.
    But the one part of the game I didn't enjoy so much is when they showed one of the girls (you can play as either of two young girls or a prince who was turned into a dog) floats down from the top of the screen wearing a short skirt that is blown upwards as she descends. Sort of a Marylin Monroe situation when she stood on the grate with her skirt being "accidently" blown up. At least Marylin had the decency to try to hold her skirt down, but this young girl doesn't and your forced to watch a very young girls crotch (in underwear) being placed front and center for what seemed like an unreasonably long length of time. I don't know, but it made me feel uncomfortable and even a bit angry! I know there are cultural differences, but I'll never understand how the Japanese think children are sexual and/or erotic. Other than that, great game!

I see that I picked up a used copy without the calendar on Ebay last December for $29 shipped. I'm sure that was from Japan, so that might help you to determine value for a complete sealed copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very rock solid game, fun isometric little shooter of sorts... some "out there" bosses, classic typical Atlus affair. One of the games I did not sell during my Saturn selling spree.

I have the single jewel case version, and my copy was calender-less, but I got it for like $20 but I was happy to spare the calender to save 10-15 bucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reply #2, #1 disappeared into the ether...

I think it's a really fun game -- I bought the 2CD case version, complete, not new, but very mint, for about 3000yen a few months ago. Had a blast in 2P mode with my friend.

Definitely recommended!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, seeing as how it's an Atlus game, I assume that it should be fairly rare. First time I had seen any new copies of it on ebay since I started searching for Saturn imports there nearly two years ago. $70 was definitely a very good price, since I've had to pay alot more for other SHMUPS.

I'll be glad when it finally gets here. I know it's short, so the intial thrill won't last very long, but that just makes the reasonable price even better. Hard to justify $150 for it, even if a sealed copy may be worth it to some collectors.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm surprised about the game's price nowdays. I remember checking eBay and few years ago and seeing it get 60 plus all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, seeing as how it's an Atlus game, I assume that it should be fairly rare. First time I had seen any new copies of it on ebay since I started searching for Saturn imports there nearly two years ago. $70 was definitely a very good price, since I've had to pay alot more for other SHMUPS.
    Oh, I think $70 for new/sealed is quite fair -- I imagine it's pretty hard to find in that condition. I'm happy with minty, tho, so I will take my 3000 yen version

I think the replay is pretty high on it, alot like other shmups type games. I've finished it, but I burned alot of credits to do it and i'd like to get better at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, this came in the mail the day before Beggar Prince arrived, so I still haven't gotten very far into it yet, but it's pretty cool. I played with the big dog guy and got about halfway through the game before I ran out of continues.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'll be glad when it finally gets here. I know it's short, so the intial thrill won't last very long, but that just makes the reasonable price even better. Hard to justify $150 for it, even if a sealed copy may be worth it to some collectors.

Freaky i only payed $40.00 for mine complete with calender.

When i got mine on ebay years ago.

It's a fun game but it's annoeying to see ppl try to sell it for over $100.00+.

Realy price gougeing on, Saturn titles that are... not rare need to go :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a sealed copy on eBay right now that's going for 30.99 with 11 hours left on the auction.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it sold for a little over $50 (i think shipping was a bit pricey too but i am too lazy to check at the moment)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, he charges way too much for shipping from the US. But I'm still happy with my purchase. I played it again with each of the girls and I did alot better. I forgot to change the options to give myself more continues though, so I still only got about halfway through the game. I don't think that it's as easy as everyone says it is though, or I must have it on hard difficulty. It's very hard to aim my shots.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sold one of these for about half that not long ago. You should check my for sale page more often.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You sold a sealed one for that? Hey, if you can get sealed games, I'd still like to find a few, some rare some common but all apparently hard to find now, as I'm still searching.

Get BIT!