Thread: Stinking Up The Field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Stinking Up The Field

Ever have one of those days where you're playing a game you rock so hard at but for some reason you're just sucking? Or you're usually awesome at this one section and you keep dying? This seems to be a reaccuring thing with me over the last two days.

So I'm playing Super Mario Bros. 3, via Super Mario All-Stars. I'm owning stuff up on Grass Land. I get to Desert Land and I die a humiliating death on that stage where the sun is chasing you. I'm regular (small) Mario and I run with myt "P" meter full and jump through the twister. I get massive airtime, to my surprsie and when I land? I land on that freaking sun!! I can normally do that level in my sleep!!

I was playing Gradius IV last night and I was dying waaaay before I usually do. I can usually get through the first 3 stages without losing any ships. I kept dying before I reached the Magma stage and I even died in the Bubble Stage. It's like someone set my still metter to "suck."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh that happens to me all the time there are days am just "on"and other days am"off".am sitting there playing a game the day before and am flying threw a game the next day same game and am dying in the frist level.i think this happens to every gamer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I find that this normally happens when I am stressed or when I am tired. I just can't seem to find the right grove on those days. This can really be a bad thing because if I'm stressed and playing a game it's to try and work off some stress and if I start to lose then I can get pretty pissed which doesn't help the whole stress situation.

There are other times where there seems to be no reason for my poor play, maybe its a full moon or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, today I lost to my brother TWICE in Super Smash Bros. on the N64. I couldn't beleive it when I lost the first time as I NEVER lose in that game, ever (except when I play my best friend, where we are equally as good, and it's always 50:50).
    I didn't know what it was, either. I kept saying to myself "Alright, no more messing around" and he continued to dominate me in the matches that he beat me in.
    x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8
    I find that this normally happens when I am stressed or when I am tired. I just can't seem to find the right grove on those days. This can really be a bad thing because if I'm stressed and playing a game it's to try and work off some stress and if I start to lose then I can get pretty pissed which doesn't help the whole stress situation.

There are other times where there seems to be no reason for my poor play, maybe its a full moon or something.
    Ha ha ha!! I know how that is. If I've had a very stressful day on the job (which happens quite often) the last thing I need is countless deaths raising my blood pressure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It just took me 19 battles to complete SSF 2 on Genesis half an hour ago. This is on the default level 4. For some reason Ryu, Sagat and Bison were big time bitches.

Last night I beat the game in 13 battles (minimum being 12)

I just didn't have it today. It happens. But yeah, it's cool how you can get in the zone. This happened with Dracula X for me. I couldn't beat Death or Dracula, but one night I just kicked their butts back to back.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Yeah, I'm off and on, too. But I'm kinda weird; if I shelve a game for a couple weeks (either out of frustration or lack of interest), and then come back to it and play it again, I usually end up having my best game on the first try. Odd, and it doesn't just happen with video games, either.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I often experience the kind of day when I can't see a thing on my Gamegear.