Thread: Quest for the rings Odyssey2

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Quest for the rings Odyssey2

First, is Odyssey2 and Philips G7000 the same thing, or will both play eachother games? I see the rarity guide list both a Philips and NAP release of this game. I guess the Philips version is the european release, right?

I was wondering how much this is worth? The guide list it at $25 loose, but how much is it worth with box etc? A guy sells it here, but its missing 4 pieces, how much will the value drop because of this? Are they very essencial to the game or can you make some of your own?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The price for Quest all depends on wether it's complete or not. Even then, the guide price is a bit high currently. O2 games are not going for much on ebay - except the occasional game.

I sold one a year or two ago - complete - and only got $10 for the thing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

almost forgot - it this a Europe version of the game, it would be worth a bit more - especially if you have the extra packaging that it came with (a protect sleeve that covered the box).

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok thanks for the info Do you have any idea how much it could be worth? Some pieces are missing tho (the small ones, whatever they are).

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Ok thanks for the info Do you have any idea how much it could be worth? Some pieces are missing tho (the small ones, whatever they are).
    You won't get much for it if it's incomplete, probably $7 or less.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Default Re: Quest for the rings Odyssey2

A guy sells it here, but its missing 4 pieces, how much will the value drop because of this? Are they very essencial to the game or can you make some of your own?
    I don't know about the European rarity of QftR, but here is a complete US copy in awesome shape with a $20 BIN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Quest for the rings Odyssey2

First, is Odyssey2 and Philips G7000 the same thing, or will both play eachother games? I see the rarity guide list both a Philips and NAP release of this game. I guess the Philips version is the european release, right?
    Yes, the Philips release in the DP guide refers to the European version (it's listed under "Non-U.S. Game Releases).

The game is the same everywhere but the packaging can differ a lot depending on what country the game's from. In the UK, the American sets were imported with no changes, other than a gold "For use with Philips G7000" sticker that was stuck to the cartridge.

The continental European versions of QftR are a bit different. There are actually several Euro versions. Philips released the game with different titles in different countries. For example, in the Netherlands it's "Speurtocht Naar De Ringen" and in France it's "La Quête Des Anneaux." The boxes were actually changed for these countries so they'd have the translated titles. The localized Euro cartridge has a generic G7000-style label, dark grey with multilingual titles. The localized European box lids can lift right off, and aren't attached like in America. Also, they contain a special, smaller overlay that fits the G7200's keyboard.

I have more information and pics of the Euro versions (as well as the complete list of American game pieces) on my web site.

Value-wise, a complete American set in good condition is worth $10-$25. Euro sets I'm not so sure about; they don't turn up in U.S. auctions very often of course. I'd guess $30-$50, maybe more for one of the countries that don't turn up often, like Denmark. I'd like to get some, but shipping from Europe can be expensive.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey² Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all the info I picked up the game some days ago and i recived it today. Its the danish version, Jagten på Ringene. I also picked up 2 other games. The DP guide lists 2 Munchkin releases, which one do i have?
    I payed about $30 + shipping for all. Shouldnt be too bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice acquisition! The Danish-language version seems to be a bit harder to find. In fact, I need a picture of one for my web site... I'll bug you about it in a PM.

Your Munchkin is the "normal" Philips release (DP scarcity of 2). The other one listed in the DP guide was a later reissue where they changed the box/manual to conform to the new G7400-packaging. Looks like this:

If you get into collecting European Videopac packaging variants, you're a brave man.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey² Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok tnx for the info Hehe im not going to start collecting G7000 games. I just saw a guy selling Quest for the Rings and i thought it looked uncommon so i bought it. Sure, send me a PM if you need pics of the game.