Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The jollerancher's topic: IT'S THE CAMPUS CHALLENGE!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

1. They either want ebay prices without ebays hassles (nonpaying bidders,ebay fees)
    or
    2. MORE than what they can expect to get on ebay.

Sellers can ask for whatever they want. I've just had some experiences with people who I hooked up big time just to get the cold shoulder over a couple of bucks. Not like I've ever been afraid to pay top dollar in the first place. I gave away alot of stuff for free. ALOT. Multiple sealed copies of Cheeahmen II , Combat 2 for 2600 (well they had to write an essay for this one),prototypes etc all free and they all line up for that but ask for $25 off what they consider the going rate on a $325 game and they won't even consider it.

I can agree with that. The question I always have to ask is, "If you wanted to sell it on ebay for ebay dollars, why the heck are you wasting our time and space by advertising it here?"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had this happen to me with a specific eBay seller. I sold hm crazy amounts of stuff at great prices, then he nickel and dimes me for top dollar on his own auctions for Atari Games. Pisses me off a bit.

Also, as a note about Ken Griffey....a lot of DPers did not even KNOW about this cart until recently. I am not saying I am the REASON people know about it in the first place, but I took the time and went to every Nintendo contest up to the Powerfest '94, so there is a good reason why I want this cart and any SNES contest cart.

It's basically a HOme Run Derby cart that may or may not contain any other games, but I recall it just being that at the event....

Jollerancher: I HOPE you don't eBay this one... =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    I had this happen to me with a specific eBay seller. I sold hm crazy amounts of stuff at great prices, then he nickel and dimes me for top dollar on his own auctions for Atari Games. Pisses me off a bit.

Also, as a note about Ken Griffey....a lot of DPers did not even KNOW about this cart until recently. I am not saying I am the REASON people know about it in the first place, but I took the time and went to every Nintendo contest up to the Powerfest '94, so there is a good reason why I want this cart and any SNES contest cart.

It's basically a HOme Run Derby cart that may or may not contain any other games, but I recall it just being that at the event....

Hey DreamTR,

Your right, i'm in the UK, (we never had the powerfest events here apart from starwing and one or two smaller events) i always had heard about the powerfests, and i have a powerfest 94 cap.

But i didn't know about the actual carts, (snes powerfest & Ken Griffey 94 and i'd say there are more) does anybody have any actual pics of the cart and in-game pics?

This stuff always interests me, but since these carts are so in-frequent, the chances of ever finding them or buying them is pretty slim. If the chance did come up and the price was right i'd go for it, but after seeing snes zelda on ebay i mean anything is possible now!

So pics and info are the next best thing!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My god....I can't believe the stuff you are getting and selling! Only a collector's dream! Congrats jollerancher. Wish I could find a rummage sale like you did
    NintendoAGE - The best NES database engine available on the net!

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember playing the Home Run Derby at the Nintendo Dome at La Ronde in Montreal (which still exist today) :

http://www.nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/users...m=7&id=8790621

Anyway, from what I remember, we had to play the home run derby on a super huge display (kinda like IMAX screen) and the only thing that you can do was hitting home run. No team or player selection, nothing else.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my opinion is that regardless of how i do i will get some money for it and when it comes down to it im probably not going to have to pay to much to get it. my thought about putting it on e-bay is not to squezze a couple of extra dollars out of it, its to let anyone who's interested in it have a fair shot at getting it. i have a list of people who are interested and if it does show up im not going to go back and forth through e-mails saying mr x just offered me x amount of money how much are you willing to offer. i mean with the campus challenge i could have put it on e-bay on 20 cent listing day for 10,000 and let people make me offers but i didnt because i had a verbal agreement with its new owner, i gave him my word that we would work out a price. if the tape shows up i will take everyones opinion into consideration before i make any decisions.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How does the Ken Griffey cart looks like? Is it the big cart thats like ½ the size of the SNES?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

1. They either want ebay prices without ebays hassles (nonpaying bidders,ebay fees)
    or
    2. MORE than what they can expect to get on ebay.

Sellers can ask for whatever they want. I've just had some experiences with people who I hooked up big time just to get the cold shoulder over a couple of bucks. Not like I've ever been afraid to pay top dollar in the first place. I gave away alot of stuff for free. ALOT. Multiple sealed copies of Cheeahmen II , Combat 2 for 2600 (well they had to write an essay for this one),prototypes etc all free and they all line up for that but ask for $25 off what they consider the going rate on a $325 game and they won't even consider it.

Well, the third option is they want eBay prices, but they'd rather a DPer be guaranteed to get it if they want. Lord knows, I'd rather sell stuff to you guys, but I don't mind more $, either, lol.

if the tape shows up i will take everyones opinion into consideration before i make any decisions.
    What tape, JR? Sorry if I missed something there...

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

rbudrick: He is saying he does not have it yet, but it looks like he WILL get it.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

rbudrick: He is saying he does not have it yet, but it looks like he WILL get it.....
    Umm, right, I know, but what tape?

-Rob

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    Umm, right, I know, but what tape?

-Rob
    Powerfest Ken Griffey 94
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, he's just refering to the cartridge as a tape. That's all.
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JOLLERANCHER
    im not going to go back and forth through e-mails saying mr x just offered me x amount of money how much are you willing to offer.

Mr X says "HA AHh HA HA ha ha..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oh, he's just refering to the cartridge as a tape. That's all.
    Oh. Lol...I haven't hear that term since the NES days. Cool, gotcha.

-Rob

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awwwww thats a cute kitty