Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Were you late to discover the world of retro gaming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default 98

I played back in the day mostly NES, Genesis, Sega CD, and Super Nes. I stuck with the systems even when newer ones came out. I started collecting hardcore in 98 and have never looked back.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I never really stopped playing them... My VCS has been hooked up to whatever TV I've owned since 1981 (I loved it that much).

My carts happen to be another story, though... I've bought and sold them, then re-purchased them all several times over.

Kinda funny sidenote - I've gone through 4 different TV's in my lifetime, and am still on my original VCS.

Damn, they built things to last back then!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I think I've always been into retrogaming as all the systems I had in the beginning of my console gaming life were older systems. (ie I had a 5200 while everyone else had a NES). Same with my computer, I had an Apple IIe until 1993. I had to get a new computer after a teacher told me that they have ink jet printers now and that she didn't like the way my DOT matrix printer printed.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Apple (Level 5) Sweater Fish Deluxe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a Commodore 128(D) that was the only computer I had until about 2000. While I mostly wrote papers on the computers at my school, when it came down to the wire (i.e. 1a.m. the night before the paper was due and I hadn't written anything) I did occassionally have to write them on the Commodore and print them out with my 1525 dot matrix printer. I found that if I went to Kinkos in the morning and made copies of the pages printed out form the 1525 all the signs of dot matrix-ness would vanish and it would just look like it came from any normal printer.

...word is bondage...

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really took a 5-6 year hiatus from console gaming and spent my years from 1994-2000 playing PC games.

It was around 2000 when i cracked open the box with my Genesis and games stuffed in it. I am glad i kept it as i remember being really pissed i sold off my NES.

Honestly, i view my XBOX gaming as nothing more than picking things up from where they were in 1994 (just with a 12 year gap.)

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember getting an Atari 2600 in 1983. Most of my time at Sears, Lechmere and Service Merchandise were at kiosks looking and playing the Atari 2600 games.
    I received my NES in 1987. Metroid, Contra, TMNT and Super Mario Brothers 2 were among my favorites to play.

During my middle school years from 89-91 I stopped playing NES and Atari 2600 games and played Kings Quest/Space Quest and the Quest for Glory series for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I think about it, I've always been fascinated by older systems.

I mean, even when the SNES was still alive and kicking, I was interested in playing Master System and NES games, just to see what it was like and I've always felt that way.

I guess I'm just the kind of person who doesn't want o miss out on any good games, no matter what system they were on, or how old they were.

It wasn't until 2001 though that I got a Sega Game Gear which was my first 'retro' acquisition.