Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival... What the..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival... What the..

So incase you haven't heard of it, Muppet Adventure: Chaos at the Carnival, is an NES title. I spotted it at a shop for a decent price, and since I hadn't heard of it I picked it up. I thought this would be a charming little platformer that never got much attention, and since I'm a Muppets fan I thought for sure I'd get some enjoyment out of it. So I popped it in and played it...

... What the hell. Who would conceive a game, so annoyingly idiotic and repetitive.. Aaah.. I thought to myself, "Kill my self, or continue playing this game.. Hmm.." That was a tough decision. That's how horrifying this game is. Who developed this game.. what were they thinking.. they use a great franchise like Jim Henson's Muppets, and stick their unentertaining dick inside of it and jizz all over it. Nine months later the worst game ever is born. There is no actual challenge.. Just the same thing over and over. "If you can't make a level harder, just make it longer. Incredibly longer." That's what the assclown that developed this game said. Long simple levels that just rip off of other games that weren't even fun anymore! Just imagine the same thing over and over and over.. Then if you can sit through one level, repeat the process with a different character and bland arcade rip-off.

If you ever come across this game.. run. Run as far as you can, and don't stop running until you can't feel your legs! Just do it, okay!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Nick J. Phillips

"Eternal Popcorn" (Honestly?... This probably isn't worth clicking.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

The game wasn't THAT bad, then again I'm judging from the memory of me playing it when I was 8. Wasn't this the one with a bunch of mini games? I really don't see how that's repetitive, since there were about 5 or so. I remember the last level had Kermit in a side-scrolling type deal and looked more like a crackhead with a sword than a frog.

There were worse licenses games than this tho, atlesat this one was one of the more playable ones.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best video game that had anything to do with Muppets was Sesame Street ABC on the NES, which is pretty sad. Every Muppets game out there seems like just another cheap cash-in on the license. That being said, I'm kinda interested in that Muppets pinball game on the GBA, because I have an interest in pinball video games in general.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace
    The best video game that had anything to do with Muppets was Sesame Street ABC on the NES, which is pretty sad. Every Muppets game out there seems like just another cheap cash-in on the license. That being said, I'm kinda interested in that Muppets pinball game on the GBA, because I have an interest in pinball video games in general.
    I was going to bring that up, actually. Muppet Pinball Mayhem is actually a fun little pinball game. It's hard as hell to find, but if you see one, grab it. It's rare and fun.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit
    The game wasn't THAT bad, then again I'm judging from the memory of me playing it when I was 8. Wasn't this the one with a bunch of mini games? I really don't see how that's repetitive, since there were about 5 or so. I remember the last level had Kermit in a side-scrolling type deal and looked more like a crackhead with a sword than a frog.

There were worse licenses games than this tho, atlesat this one was one of the more playable ones.
    The repetitive part was the levels.. It's the same obstacles over and over again. Like Animals bumper car level.. (wich I actually thought was Rowlf the dog until I looked in the manual, because it certainly doesn't look like Animal at all)

I mean.. yeah, it's five seperate mini-games,.. but none of them are fun at all. Except for maybe two seconds, but the levels are so long that it grows old really fast.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Nick J. Phillips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by Veepa
    I mean.. yeah, it's five seperate mini-games,.. but none of them are fun at all. Except for maybe two seconds, but the levels are so long that it grows old really fast.
    I'm starting to remember how frustrating the game was. I guess it was decent enough for it's time, but again I was like 8 when I got it and I was able to enjoy anything, even that horrible Robocop game.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's just for the best to avoid anything put out by Hi-Tech Expressions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just take a look at this box art.. How misleading!

How does this represent any part of that horrible game??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Nick J. Phillips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by Veepa
    Just take a look at this box art.. How misleading!

How does this represent any part of that horrible game??
    I'll have to agree with you on that one, Miss Piggy is totally missing 30 - 40 pounds.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

This one ranks up at the top of my most hated NES games list, right along with The Adventures Of Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haha.

I picked it up about a year ago, myself! Yeah. Awful.

Enjoy the nonsensical canoeing level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Well I played the game out of curiosity and now I remember why I no longer own this game. The mini-games are fine when ,you realise you can press select to escape levels, then play the canoeing level and rack up on lives. My only problem was the last level, for some reason Kermit's only defense is a feather and it's only use is the pink monster guy. Needless to say, it doesn't really work well.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Veepa, you say there is no challenge here?? I assume you haven't come face to face with the final boss. Almost impossible to score a hit on the bastard, while jumping from platform to platform. I've beaten a lot of games and this final boss is in my top 10 hardest bosses to beat. Seriously. Henson must have had a sadistic side.
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    Veepa, you say there is no challenge here?? I assume you haven't come face to face with the final boss. Almost impossible to score a hit on the bastard, while jumping from platform to platform. I've beaten a lot of games and this final boss is in my top 10 hardest bosses to beat. Seriously. Henson must have had a sadistic side.
    True, I never played through to get to the boss. I couldn't take the game anymore! Maybe I'll try to complete it. Then I can give a full review.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Nick J. Phillips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    Henson must have had a sadistic side.
    I'm pretty sure that this game came out well after Jim Henson died. And as we all know, the company has gone to total shit since that point in time.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually it came out the same year Henson died.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Nick J. Phillips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

A friend of mine was digging through my NES games one night and found this one and decided he would beat it. He is pretty stubborn and when he says stuff like thta he means it.

You know "whatever man" were drinking beer hes playing this crap game .. I get bored of watching him and go to the pc playing some cstrike. its hours later and hes swearing and punching my couch and shit im like Dude what the hell?

He has me look at the screen and unpauses it.. Kirmet the frog is falling off a platform then respawns OFF of the platform again and falls to his death... All he could do was pause or watch his lives drain... He never played it again.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, this game ranks as my most hated NES game. You are right; the levels are extremely tedious and repetitive, espeically the bumper car race. The ice cream maze is just as bad, because you have to do it like 30 times to win.

If you havent' played this game, then consider yourself lucky. It will drive you to drinking.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, this game ranks as my most hated NES game. You are right; the levels are extremely tedious and repetitive, espeically the bumper car race. The ice cream maze is just as bad, because you have to do it like 30 times to win.

If you havent' played this game, then consider yourself lucky. It will drive you to drinking.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts