Thread: Welcome to the Next Level!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Welcome to the Next Level!

Heh heh, found this on a random wandering on the net. Lots of good old school Sega comercials that range from SMS to DC. I just foud this to be amusing as hell from a retro perspective. Make sure and check out "Segata Sanshiro - Xmas" Its a Japanese Saturn christmass comercial and pretty funny. There are alot of other great ones on this site also. Heck 2 pages to be exact. The old sega genesis ones got me though. "So you still dont have a sega CD? what are you waiting for Nintendo to make one?" Reminds me of the "What Sega does, Ninten-don't" Ahh, nastalga for the 16bit era.. Hah Hah

classic video game ads
    I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You might want to check out sega-16.com , the site has the largest collection of genesis ads on the net.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

WelcomeToTheNextLevel here, bumping this thread after 14 years. The link still works (amazingly) but the ad player doesn't, except on the most recently posted ad. Still, interesting to see that as far back as 2002 they were posting retro video game ads to the internet.

I remember it was around that time, summer 2006, when I discovered retro video game ads on the internet. We're so spoiled now, the selection on YouTube in 2020 puts what we had available in 2006 to shame. I think I used that GamePressure site a couple of times but even back then I was mostly looking on YouTube. I thought it was amazing getting to see like 5 different Sega Master System ads, nowadays there are dozens of different Master System ads, subtle variations, etc. I'm still discovering new retro video game ads all the time.

Wow, 2006 is as long ago now as the early-mid 16 bit era was in 2006. I was 13 back then, it's been 14 years since. I wonder if 13 year olds now are looking up old PS2 era ads to see what gaming was like before they were born?
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.