Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Quote Originally Posted by RetroYoungen View Post
    I was wondering what to make of this system the first time I saw it, took pics with my cell and showed them to people at my work (though it amazes me at how unknowing the people at my work are about games in GENERAL), no one else know what to say either.

My real question: for what it is, and what it's being touted as, is it worth a hundred bucks to sit down with the family and play with? I only saw about four releases at my TRU, and at least one of them was a Bible-based trivia game (which my aunt might enjoy, but the rest of the family... nahh), so even with six possible players is it worth looking at once, let alone twice?
    Not sure if it's worth the $100.00 price tag, but for the $20.00 + free game (two games total), I'd say it's very worth it.

Maybe even at $50.00

Great little system though, if priced right.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default System is back on sale at TRU

I went to two TRU locations today in Los Angeles County and both had the system at 75% off or $19.99. Unfortunately, the games were still full price. Not sure why. The sale sign said the system price is good until 12/31/07. Sounds like this is a full on liquidation, but I'm still confused as to why the games are $19.99 each still.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I went to two TRU locations today in Los Angeles County and both had the system at 75% off or $19.99. Unfortunately, the games were still full price. Not sure why. The sale sign said the system price is good until 12/31/07. Sounds like this is a full on liquidation, but I'm still confused as to why the games are $19.99 each still.
    Here's a theory and you can tell me if you think it is right.

By selling the system for $19.99, that means the customer has bought the hardware. This actually forces them to buy games for it, if they want to actually use the system. My point being, why does anyone need to discount games if the customer is going to HAVE to buy games for a new system anyway? Someone is choosing to look at it that way. I don't think the games will drop too much in price until the system is sold out.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default TRU now has no games...

I just took a trip to the two local TRU locations where I saw the units on sale for $19.99 (and they still have just about all of them sitting there) and now all the games are gone. I would assume they sent them back, but the employee I talked to didn't seem to know. Is this the same situation elsewhere in the country?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the folks that are stull hunting this system, they just released another new game. Click this time. It's sort of a hangman/Wheel of Fortune type of game with multimedia clues. I've ordered it from their website, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Also, I did get a copy of Gems. It's a pretty decent version of Bejeweled. The multiplayer is ok, but seems a bit unfinished.

They still have Rewind 2006 listed as coming out, but that's the end of what's been announced so far. Hopefully there will be more, but with all of the retail channels drying up it seems like just a matter of time before it fails completely.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Just picked up one of these at my TRU fro 20 bucks, last one they had. i didn't get a free game, I wasn't aware of that at the time, the guy mentioned it but i guess assumed it meant hte pack-in, I'm not sure if they even had any other games anyway. Gonna go give it a shot.

Anyone know if there is any sort of homebrew/piracy/hacking info on this thing? Hell if I could hack the trivia game up and make my own editions that would be cool.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

After having it for a few months, I say pick it up for 20 if you can get it (even 50).

I only have trivia volume one and two, but there is something really cool about everyone playing at the same time. You can have everyone for themselves, or team up. It's really fun for a family or a small get together of friends. Some good old fashion competition. You kind of feel like you're on a game show or something. My family and friends love it.

I'd like to get the other games, but not sure I want to shell out 20 dollars for each just yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    the zdan

Im gonna head out to TRU and see if I can find one today. BBQs and get togethers at my place usually find people wanting to play some kind of trivia game. We used to use the Shout About.. series, but since there are none of those coming out any more, this may be a good alternative.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

If you were afraid of the $99 pricetag, the actual site is gonna give you 4 free games with it until July 31st... which is pretty much buying the system for 20, plus 4 games (ballparked to $80).

Still 99 dollars, but at least you're getting pretty much all the games for it (the good ones, anyway)

http://playgamewave.com/_bin/console/4FreeGames.cfm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

I tried burning the pack-in game a couple different ways and it didn't work, so anyone who was thinking of piracy, it'll be a little trickier than just ripping it normally.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You couldn't pay me to play that hunk of shit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

It's fairly fun, actually.

I'm hoping to get the burn process down so I can begin to hack at the files themselves, I'd like to be able to make my own trivia questions.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but if anyone is remotely interested in collecting the system on the cheap, Toys 'R Us is starting to blow out the games finally . Prices seem to vary by store, but the lowest price I found here in Los Angeles was $4.84 per game last night in Atwater Village. A couple other LA stores had the games for $7.84 and $13.83 which is weird, but look around and your local store should have them in the $5 range. Stores that still have the systems are generally still running the $20 system deal as well, so now is the time to get in if you were on the fence. I'm guessing these games will be hard to find since TRU was the only retailer that stocked them and other than a couple of on-line religious stores and the manufacturer itself, nobody else is carrying it now.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately no TRU around here carries these anymore. Anyone want to pick up some games for me for a small fee? I have only these 3 games: 4 degrees Vol. 1, 4 degrees Vol. 2, and ReWind.
    I would be interested in any title at $4.84 to $7.84. Let me know if someone can pick up at least 2-3 different games at that price. I would like to get them all, don't know why, but at that price it would be cool.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I saw a few of these titles today at my local TRU; they were in the PS2 clearance bin for some reason. I didn't see any systems, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a collector with a rather large budget and I wouldn't even buy it!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neogamer View Post
    I'm a collector with a rather large budget and I wouldn't even buy it!
    Who cares? Nobody can force you to collect anything. Some people are completist collectors and frankly, at this price, you can get the entire retail released system and game collection for around $50. Now getting some of the newer games is going to cost more because they never got retail distribution so you pretty much have to buy them direct from the manufacturer. In any event, now is the time to buy if you've been holding out for the liquidaton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speaking of later releases, the Rewind 2006 edition has been released and a Soduku game is supposed to be coming soon.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

It really is a fun system... not sure why all the hate.

If you have guests coming over, get a few drinks together, get into teams, and do some trivia! It's mega awesome!