Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IGN revives Dreamcast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    I, too, am happy to see this. It's cool to see IGN giving a new look to older games and see how they hold up today near the beginning of the next generation.

But I must question two of the four games they choose to review first... Chef's Luv Shack and Razor Freestyle Scooter? Lame!
    I own Chef's Luv Shack, and it isn't too bad a game. The only serious complaint that I have about it is the loading (way too much loading, way too long loading periords, and way to LOUD loading periods - especially for a game that's so graphically simplistic!)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexkidd2000
    Wicked.

Dreamcast is still the best system ever released imho.
    Couldn't agree anymore.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well...as much as i like the Dreamcast (not my favorite console and not my least favorite) this isnt going to make run back into IGN's arms and start visiting thier website again.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon
    *sigh*

IGN has conned the entire Dreamcast community.

Let's say you run an online e-zine. You have advertisements on your website. What is a great way to pull in some extra traffic? Easy. Just target an older game console with a diehard fanbase. This is a wicked viral marketing stunt, and guess what... it's working.

This news has spread to almost every other Dreamcast community and has been posted on countless other forums.

Have any of you actually READ what they are saying in their text?

They are posting garbage juvenile dribble, that comes off like some doped up myspace idiot writing his immediate impressions of a Dreamcast game.

Here is what IGN had to say about these games:

Quote Originally Posted by Bang! Gunship Elite - IGN
    If you manage to find a copy of Bang! (and getting a hold of this game is about as easy as finding nuts in the winter), you'll probably have this reaction: "Holy s@&# this game kicks ass!"
    In that sense, Bang! Gunship Elite is a lot like having a wife. It's good, but it's the same crap every day.
    Don't let the name fool you, Bang! doesn't suck ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by San Francisco RUSH 2049 - IGN
    Playing SF Rush is like trying to score with a girl in high school. You can always take the long road if you're patient or you can try and navigate the shortcuts from first base to third.
    I can't see how IGN "revisiting" Dreamcast titles is good news at all. This is horrible. They seem to be taking a shock value approach to get a reaction. Either that, or they are trying to further culture their readers into being more fanboy superVegetaSaijin69 "your game sux my game r0x0rs" than they already are.

Is it really hard to write legitimate journalism for 3 tiny paragraphs? IGN's comments are so off the wall there is no way they can be legitimate. I have to assume their comments are not honest, and are pre-manufactured to support an alterior motive.

IGN is exploiting the Dreamcast to pull in site traffic.
    I agree with what you're saying, but was the quadruple iteration post required?
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

I think it's cool, it's a great way to get back into dreamcast...
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I can't wait until they go and review Last Blade 2 and Garou.

"Oh my god! THE GAMES KILLED MY DREAMCAST!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm thinking of it as a way to discover new titles I may want to own and look for *real* reviews of myself (Bang Gunship Elite being one of them).
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I think it's great that they are doing it. Now, all the people who wrote off the system in the first place while waiting the extra year for their PS2 can simply yawn, pick their nose, scratch their ass, and still not care. Realy, why are they NOW trying to let people know how good the system was? It's a little to late to tell people how good it was when the time for relavence has long sense passed. Funny, so many people think the system's a waste at $50 these days, yet I bought my first for $150 and still consider it a great purchase. A shame the last games schedualed for release were cancled before shiping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I think it's great that they are doing it. Now, all the people who wrote off the system in the first place while waiting the extra year for their PS2 can simply yawn, pick their nose, scratch their ass, and still not care. Realy, why are they NOW trying to let people know how good the system was? It's a little to late to tell people how good it was when the time for relavence has long sense passed. Funny, so many people think the system's a waste at $50 these days, yet I bought my first for $150 and still consider it a great purchase. A shame the last games schedualed for release were cancled before shiping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    I agree with what you're saying, but was the quadruple iteration post required?
    Obviously, it was not my intention to quadruple post. When I was posting it was giving me an SQL database error for word select. It was erroring out on every word I was writing. I was unaware that it was also posting it to the forums. I had refreshed but nothing was there.

These forums tend to go break every few days, and when this happens multiple posting errors can occur.

Can a mod come in and clean this up?
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am a sucker for game rankings when done with some thought as this seems to be. i couldnt care less as for their reasons to do this. just going to monitor this list and enjoy the memories and maybe just maybe try a new game or five.