Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IGN revives Dreamcast

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's awesome that IGN is paying some respect to the Dreamcast and reviewing all the games.

Love live the Dreamcast.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wicked.

Dreamcast is still the best system ever released imho.
    My System History in order of purchase: Coleco Vision - Master System - Genesis - Game Gear - Sega CD - 32X - Saturn - Nomad - PS1 - Dreamcast - PS2 - DS - PS3 (60GB) - PSP - 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

saw this elsewhere earlier. it kinda revived MY OWN interest in the DC

(i won one for free in a '02 contest on a gaming board... currently own 35 titles for it... nice little system but it was never my top fave)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you played the latest new Dreamcast game yet?

It's really beautiful. It's called Table Tennis....and they put it on the 360.

People come over to my house and ask "why do you have two Dreamcasts side by side?" I don't even bother to reply 'cos they wouldn't get it. Where I live there are tons of Dreamcast games in the wild. Nobody wants them.....which is great for me.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMG
    I think it's awesome that IGN is paying some respect to the Dreamcast and reviewing all the games.

Love live the Dreamcast.
    I found that pretty cool too. Gotta give IGN props for doing this if anything else.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

I, too, am happy to see this. It's cool to see IGN giving a new look to older games and see how they hold up today near the beginning of the next generation.

But I must question two of the four games they choose to review first... Chef's Luv Shack and Razor Freestyle Scooter? Lame!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

very kool

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested in what they say about Shenmue again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This may not be big news but I heard on G4 that The Goat Store is making 10 new Dreamcast titles

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it sad that I felt compelled to email their feedback and point out that only reviewing 243 games would leave them 5 short of Sega's offiicial list?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it sad that I felt compelled to email their feedback and point out that only reviewing 243 games would leave them 5 short of Sega's offiicial list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*sigh*

IGN has conned the entire Dreamcast community.

Let's say you run an online e-zine. You have advertisements on your website. What is a great way to pull in some extra traffic? Easy. Just target an older game console with a diehard fanbase. This is a wicked viral marketing stunt, and guess what... it's working.

This news has spread to almost every other Dreamcast community and has been posted on countless other forums.

Have any of you actually READ what they are saying in their text?

They are posting garbage juvenile dribble, that comes off like some doped up myspace idiot writing his immediate impressions of a Dreamcast game.

Here is what IGN had to say about these games:

Quote Originally Posted by Bang! Gunship Elite - IGN
    If you manage to find a copy of Bang! (and getting a hold of this game is about as easy as finding nuts in the winter), you'll probably have this reaction: "Holy s@&# this game kicks ass!"
    In that sense, Bang! Gunship Elite is a lot like having a wife. It's good, but it's the same crap every day.
    Don't let the name fool you, Bang! doesn't suck ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by San Francisco RUSH 2049 - IGN
    Playing SF Rush is like trying to score with a girl in high school. You can always take the long road if you're patient or you can try and navigate the shortcuts from first base to third.
    I can't see how IGN "revisiting" Dreamcast titles is good news at all. This is horrible. They seem to be taking a shock value approach to get a reaction. Either that, or they are trying to further culture their readers into being more fanboy superVegetaSaijin69 "your game sux my game r0x0rs" than they already are.

Is it really hard to write legitimate journalism for 3 tiny paragraphs? IGN's comments are so off the wall there is no way they can be legitimate. I have to assume their comments are not honest, and are pre-manufactured to support an alterior motive.

IGN is exploiting the Dreamcast to pull in site traffic.
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*sigh*

Let's say you run an online e-zine. You have advertisements on your website. What is a great way to pull in some extra traffic? Easy. Just target an older game console with a diehard fanbase. This is a wicked viral marketing stunt, and guess what... it's working.

This news has spread to almost every other Dreamcast community and has been posted on countless other forums.

They are posting garbage juvenile dribble, that comes off like some doped up myspace idiot writing his immediate impressions of a Dreamcast game.

If you manage to find a copy of Bang! (and getting a hold of this game is about as easy as finding nuts in the winter), you'll probably have this reaction: "Holy s@&# this game kicks ass!"
    In that sense, Bang! Gunship Elite is a lot like having a wife. It's good, but it's the same crap every day.
    Playing SF Rush is like trying to score with a girl in high school. You can always take the long road if you're patient or you can try and navigate the shortcuts from first base to third.
    I can't see how IGN "revisiting" Dreamcast titles is good news at all. This is horrible. They seem to be taking a shock value approach to get a reaction. Either that, or they are trying to further culture their readers into being more fanboy superVegetaSaijin69 "your game sux my game r0x0rs" than they already are.

Is it really hard to write legitimate journalism for 3 tiny paragraphs? IGN's comments are so off the wall there is no way they can be legitimate. I have to assume their comments are not honest, and are pre-manufactured to support an alterior motive.

www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*sigh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*sigh*

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could you repeat that, please?

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, the forum is going nuts. This is happening in a lot of different topics.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First time I have noticed a QUADRUPLE POST

QUADROPLE POSTING FTW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    I, too, am happy to see this. It's cool to see IGN giving a new look to older games and see how they hold up today near the beginning of the next generation.

But I must question two of the four games they choose to review first... Chef's Luv Shack and Razor Freestyle Scooter? Lame!
    I own Chef's Luv Shack, and it isn't too bad a game. The only serious complaint that I have about it is the loading (way too much loading, way too long loading periords, and way to LOUD loading periods - especially for a game that's so graphically simplistic!)