Hello. I've been a lurker on this fantastic site for months, and am always glad to see fellow retro fans out there. Also, I apoligize in advance if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything similiar to this topic.

Anyway, I recently have had a strong desire to start collecting again after selling most of my games years ago. The first console I want to start on is the NES. I've been doing research on the different models; namely the pros and cons of each one (the model 2 "top loader" has inferior video, but the model 1 "toaster" requires more maintainence because of it's 72-pin connector).

My question: Which model do you guys prefer more often? Does one offer more longetivity then the other through your experience?

Personally, I want a complete system with the original box and the whole nine yards. From what I've seen on eBay, it's nearly impossible to find an official NES 2 boxed and complete. However, there's still plenty of the original model boxed. I just can't decide which one to invest in! x_x

Any help is greatly appreciated.