Thread: My Saturn and XRGB2+ are making beautiful love together!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Saturn and XRGB2+ are making beautiful love together!

Man, I'm telling you.... This XRGB2 thing is absolutely amazing. At first, I didn't think it would really come in that handy, but after finally seeing the Saturn hooked up to it, on a large Sony HDTV, I can definitely say that the Saturn is a dream when combined with one of those babies.

First game I tried was Sega Rally Championship, and it looked so clear and clean. Then I tried Daytona. Wow. The colors for all the cars going around the track are very vibrant and detailed. So far, of all the systems I've tried with the XRGB2+, I would say that the Saturn has clearly been the best so far, and the SNES the worst. (the SNES doesn't look right on the XRGB2+ for some reason, at least with mine).

Man, the Saturn truly looks amazing on any VGA device with this thing. But the really nice thing is being able to hook it up to a nice modern day HDTV, and to get a nearly RGB picture on a huge screen. The improvement over S-Video is considerable.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

So you had an RGB cable made for the Saturn? OR did the Saturn have to be modded?

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    So you had an RGB cable made for the Saturn? OR did the Saturn have to be modded?

Chris
    Thats a good question as I would like to do that as well.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you have the 2 or the 2+ version?

Anyways, I borrowed the 2+ version some time ago and had some problems with my SNES, too. I fiddled the capacitors on the RGB cable and it got somewhat better. Don't remember specifically how it all worked out, it's been a while.
    The X-RGB series is an excellent piece of equipment for sure and for the price it's unbeatable.

BTW, Micomsoft is taking pre-orders for X-RGB3 now:

http://tinyurl.com/sx9ur

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+

+

+

=

Do it... Do it... Do it........

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba

Chris

The Saturn doesn't need to be modded for RGB. All you need is a RGB cable and you are in business. With the XRGB2+, you can actually try to track down a Japanese RGB Scart cable, and use that, if you can find one. Make sure it's not a European Scart cable, because they have different pinouts.

Or just get somebody to make you a cable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yep he is correct no mods needed i have a custom made RGB for my saturns to use on my sony PVM 2530 ...

don

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

XYXZYZ: You know what's funny, regarding games that have "TATE" modes built in?

What I like to do, is play them as horizontal shooters on a widescreen HDTV. Seriously. Try that. It seems really strange at first, but ultimately, it's actually a really cool way to go. Try a game like Galactic Attack for Saturn, and put the game in it's TATE mode, and play it on a widescreen TV as a horizontal shooter rather than a vertical shooter. Only takes a minute or so to adjust to the strangeness of the whole thing, but after that, it's pretty awesome.

Basically, any shooters with a TATE mode can be turned into a horizontal shooter with a Widescreen TV. You just have to ignore the fact that all the life meters and points and stuff are sideways. The actual gameplay isn't really bothered by it, it's just a change to a horizontal view.

Of course, it would be ideal if one could turn their giant TV on it's side to play it in TATE mode the way it was to be intended, but you can easily severely damage your TV doing that. The only time I try doing that, is with my little 13" Commodore monitor. Even then I don't like doing that, because you have to turn it on it's side for like 20 mintues before hand, so it can warm up in that position. There are some LCD computer screens out there that are swivel based, and you can swivel them into tate mode, but LCD is usally not the best for video games, unless it has a super, super fast response time.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This place called GamerChoice.com has Sega Saturn RGB cables for $15. I'm pretty sure it's the Japanese one that would work great with a XRGB2+. They also have the official one for $49

http://www.gamerchoice.com/navigateP...product_id=416

Not sure how much they charge for shipping, or if they are reliable.....