Thread: Working Designs RULES!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Working Designs RULES!

I bought the Arc the Lad I and II strategy guide direct from WD a while back. Sent off the coupon for a free Arc the Lad poster to them on December 17th. I just realized the other day that my poster never came, so I called WD and asked them about it. Turns out my coupon got lost in the mail (along with my money order for the shipping) and they never got it. WD requires you to send the original coupon from the book, no copies, or they won't send the poster.

Well, when I called, I talked to a lady who said she'd see what she could
    do, and she went and talked to the company president, Victor Ireland, who
    said to just send me the poster anyway! Awfully cool of them! I've always
    been pleased by WD's customer service and this makes me even happier with
    them! I wish more game companies were that cool...talk about making
    customers!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah myself and a good friend of mine are huge Working Designs nuts, I have everything but those games they released on NEC's system, which leads me to my next question, what's going on with WD, I havent heard of any upcoming releases, any idea of what they are going to release next maxlord ?
    Games, games and more games

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default no big mystery...

well, sony wouldn't approve the goemon game that was supposed to come out last year (after WD picked up the US publishing rightsfrom konami, a bold move), so they have two growlancer games (strategy/RPG) scheduled for..um...well, it's WD, so you'll just have to "anticpately wait", lol...

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@lionforce..they have begun work on Lunar 3 already! I just hope that they keep the engine in 2D, and dont follow suit like other companys and go 3d >
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default WD

Glad to hear you had a good experience w/ WD, it's about time I ordered that Raystorm poster....

the kid

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must agree...ordering things from them is easy too...just call them up and tell what you want, they ship well and quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lionforce
    Yeah myself and a good friend of mine are huge Working Designs nuts, I have everything but those games they released on NEC's system, which leads me to my next question, what's going on with WD, I havent heard of any upcoming releases, any idea of what they are going to release next maxlord ?
    Actually, I talked to them about that. According to the lady I talked to, they're JUST about finished with Growlancer II and about to start n Growlancer III. That should be out (as a two in one game...Growlander 2 and 3) around the end of 2004 I'd guess Personally, there are only 3 Working Designs games I don't have....Parasol Stars (TG16), Cosmic Fantasy 2 (TG16..which I hated and sold), and Sega Ages for Saturn. I have the other NEC WD releases and they're REALLY good...you should get em!

@geelw: I asked about Goemon, and word direct from WD is that Goemon has NOT been cancelled yet. They're still trying to get code from Japan so they can alter the game to meet SCEA standards. It's not out of the realm of possiblity that it may still come here.

The only thing they DID cancel for sure is the Arc the Lad III strategy guide to the delays they had on it.

@Starcade: Working Designs said that they do NOT have the rights to Lunar 3 yet. They're not working on it at all...they're only working on Growlancer II and III. I just talked to them 3 days ago and they said that Growlancer II and III is the only game they're working on, and Goemon is the only other game they have secured the rights to if they can get it going (which may be a big IF). Lunar games aren't made by Working Designs anyway..they have no control over the graphics in them. They're made by Game Arts in Japan..that's who decideds if a game will be 2D or 3D...Working Designs is solely a localization company and they don't code their own original games, they just modify others' games for US markets.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony has really crappy customer service. i was asking them how to fix my PS2, and i mentioned the problems, and they said okay and started talking about what to do, so i told her that i had to run downstairs and get my PS2 and bring it upstairs. and she SIGHED!! im never calling again...
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What's the growlancer games like?

You gotta wonder what else they can or will do with Lunar 3 after 1 and 2...
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    What's the growlancer games like?

You gotta wonder what else they can or will do with Lunar 3 after 1 and 2...
    From what I'm told, Growlancer 2 and 3 are excellent strategy/RPGs with a fairly intricate storyline. I don't know a LOt about them...but here is some info: http://www.newff.com/games/g23/index.shtml

They look DAMN cool IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

WD is a very cool company indeed...

They particularly (along with Konami's Snatcher) made the SEGA CD a cool thing to have. I still have Popful Mail (I upsized to the PSOne Lunar's)

What are their better Saturn releases? I assume if you could get one you should get Dragon Force

Cheers,
    le geek
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to write for Gaming Age and did an interview with Vic Ireland once. Nicest guy I talked to. A lot of people will give you rather simplistic answers, but Ireland typed back essays in response to every question I gave him. My kudos to the company.

(Another great guy was Matt Householder, who created California Games and was a lead producer at Blizzard (on the diablo series) last I'd heard)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by le geek
    WD is a very cool company indeed...What are their better Saturn releases? I assume if you could get one you should get Dragon Force

Well, Dragon Force is cool....but only if you're into strategy games..and it's DAMNED hard. I got stuck near the end and then LOST MY SAVE! AARGH!

Their other Saturn releases were:

Sega Ages
    Albert Odyssey
    Iron Storm
    Magic Knight Rayearth
    Shining Wisdom

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed Magic Knight Rayearth and Albert Odyssey most. Albert Odyssey has some REALLY OBSCENELY long boss fights though, beause instead of changing the difficulty, they just gave the bosses WAY more hit points. On one of the last bosses, I fought em for 2.5 hours straight...no joke! You have enough healing items and such to survive that long and the bosses don't hit you for enough to kill you, but they take FOREVER to kill! Magic Knight Rayearth was really fun too.

Shining Wisdom was pretty good, and Iron Storm is really for the strategy lover...hard core WWII strategy. It's a translation of World Advanced, one of the Daisenraikyu (I think I spelled that wrong) games in Japan. Good..but nothing but solid hardcore strategy. I don't have Sega Ages, but it's just ports of good old Sega games...Space Harrier, Outrun, and one other I think.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    I don't have....Parasol Stars (TG16)
    WHAT? What exactly are you waiting for? Now. Get it. Right now. (Unless you've played it before and didn't like it, of course. )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Sony has really crappy customer service. i was asking them how to fix my PS2, and i mentioned the problems, and they said okay and started talking about what to do, so i told her that i had to run downstairs and get my PS2 and bring it upstairs. and she SIGHED!! im never calling again...
    First of all it is simply common sense to have the godamned item in hand before calling customer support.

I wouldnt have sighed Id wait for you to run downstairs and hang up.

As for never calling again im sure that SHOWED them they must be sad the person who already spent money on the system isnt going to call anymore.

Seriously Gemesisnes from this and other posts you make I cant wait to hear your experiences when you work in a business you have to deal with people especially kids.

As for your PS2 I can feel for you. They are pieces of shit.

In the last year we have repaired 1 gamecube "The guy fucked up a modding alteratrion"

2 X-boxes "one was from being yanked off the shelve by a dog"

and approximately 40 PS2 systems... they just die man. Newer models are a little better but Oh so many bought this Christmas season are biting the dust.

Number one problem the lasers get messed up from overheating, dust smoke and pet hair accumulation or just for the hell of it.

Number two problem the plastic gears that slide the tray in and out get ground down and lock up usually on the outside for some reason.

People dont shove the drawer in just hit the button... your gears will thank you for it.

Dunno what it is. Sont has great marketing and games but the reliability is crap.

Same With the PS1. The round thing that holds the cd in we must have had to replace 100s of them. the bearings fall out and you can see orange is a bad sign.

But a N64 could be thrown across the room and kicked and still work.

WTF was this thread about anyway.....

OH working Designs ya they kick ass.

I wish other companies would take a clue and offer cool shit for their games too.

Getting Watches, hardcover art books and shit like that with a game really makes the customer happy and it doesnt cost that much.

Being into art I really really love getting sketches and character designs in a big instruction book.

Anyone ever runs across A Lunar art book Id trade some good stuff for it.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes,WD rules.All their games come in nice shiny cases and the Lunar and AtL games came with all those extra!And their guides are great,well worth the money.I am sending out my Arc poster thing this week,the Lunar 2 one was so cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony's shotty PS2's wasn't a ploy to get them to sell more of them.

And yes I belive in one the "Making of Lunar" videos someone mentioned that WD very much belives in customer service and improving their fanbase (hense the Lunar 2 Omake box also).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Ghsqb

I agree WD rules.

I've never had dealt with their custoemr service people or what not, but my first experience with WD was Lunar: Silver Star Story for Sega CD and I've been a huge fan ever since.

They show such attention to detail....IMO it highlights the pride they take in their product.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

If only all companies too the time like WD does...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WD is all about the fans.Doi you think that the Lunar games sold millions?No.Did they make millions?Hell no.Did any of their games really sell a lot?(not that I know of).But do they still make odd/remake older games?Yes.

We need more people like WD.