View Poll Results: Wich Xbox 360 Bundle Did You Buy?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360 (Premium)

61 78.21%
  • Xbox 360 Core System

9 11.54%
  • Not planning to buy a 360

8 10.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Owners: Wich bundle did you buy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Xbox 360 Owners: Wich bundle did you buy?

Wich Xbox 360 Bundle Did you buy? Premium (White box) Or core (green box)?

As for me, i don't own a 360 yet, But i plan to buy a premium (Or two, for link up) And a core sometime down the road when i can get one for, say, $100 used and complete.

Why do i want THREE 360s? Well i do plan to collect for the 360 sometime, if only for the US.

Anyway, wich did you buy, Premium Or Core?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

If you are going to buy three, at least buy one JPN one. Then you can play Tetris on it

I bought the Premium, Wireless Controller, and I think seven games originally.

Why buy the core if you are not forced to by lack of stock?
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't buy a Core, your just ripping yourself off in the long run.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the premium...only because I wanted the preinstalled content that comes with the premium harddrive. You aren't ripping yourself off if you buy the core. They cost the same in the end and the stand alone harddrive is bigger. When you DO buy a 360, be sure to get the "Plug and Play" controller kit at time of purchase. The wireless controllers suck without it.

Interesting note on warranty. I just sent my 360 back to Microsoft. (VERY fast service BTW) No big deal.....it had a sticky tray from day one. It wouldn't open by itself until it had the weight of a disc on it. Anyway....I've only had my 360 for about 3 months....it comes with a 6 month warranty. (Microsoft extended it from 3 to 6 some time ago). I phoned Microsoft about this small tic that my 360 had.....and they told me that my warranty was up next month, which is why I sent it in. In Canada, where I live, they give you a new machine with a new warranty, whereas in the States they repair it.

So.....my 3 month old 360 with a 6 month warranty only had a 4 month warranty. The reason? Purchase date has NOTHING to do with your warranty. It's all about your console's serial number. The warranty is from date of manufacture, not purchase. Surprised the hell out of me. I'm definitely buying the 1 year Microsoft warranty on the new machine. The price is less than a third of what a repair bill would be. You can't determine how much warranty you actually have unless you know how long your 360 was sitting on a store shelf for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Premium. 3 games. VGA cable. Since bought another 3 games, another battery and the charge kit. Not to mention some lovely Live points.

*hugs my 360*
    *gets first degree burns*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

core will be RARE OMG

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Premium - no tard pack for me
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Premium here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

OK people are saying "Why would you buy a core?" Well, i said that i will buy a premium or two first, (For system link play) Then when i can get a used core for $100 complete (Well, if they still make cores by then i'll buy a new one if it doesn't cost too much more) I would buy it.

See, i said i am planning to collect for the 360 sometime, And buying two premiums and, when it is priced right, A core, That would start my collecting for it pretty good, Also considering i already have like a dozen games for it on my wish list (That i would play) It looks like i might aswell start collectign for it as early as possible.

I could list the games that i'm going to buy, But i think that would be derailing the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ThirteenGreen

I bought the premium bundle myself as I wanted the component cables and I figured I need something to save games on so I might as well get the package with a hard drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I honestly don't see buying a core as a huge ripoff. The first game that will actually take advantage of the Hard Drive still isn't even out in the US yet. (Ninety Nine Nights)

A. HDTV still needs a year or two to catch onto the casual gaming public, so the component cables aren't too big a deal if you don't have a hi-def yet. Alot of you on DP own one, but were all techies and gamers here - we all like the newest and best gear.

B. It costs the same if you buy the Hard Drive seperate. You do miss out on wireless controllers, but I don't think that's a massive loss. You can always buy another controller later, or trade your wired controller towards a wireless...

Hell - I almost bought a core over the internet becuase they had them (this was mid-feburary. No stores still had them in stock). Fortunately, I walked into a Target one night, and happened to pick up the last Premium out of that shipment.

There is absolutely no reason to be ashamed of buying a core. If that's all you can afford, by all means get one. With a few notable exceptions, the experience will be the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

I got my Premium for free with NBA 2k5 or 6 which was also free. Long story. I also bought Condenmed which is the best game i have played this year.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    I honestly don't see buying a core as a huge ripoff. The first game that will actually take advantage of the Hard Drive still isn't even out in the US yet. (Ninety Nine Nights)

A. HDTV still needs a year or two to catch onto the casual gaming public, so the component cables aren't too big a deal if you don't have a hi-def yet. Alot of you on DP own one, but were all techies and gamers here - we all like the newest and best gear.

B. It costs the same if you buy the Hard Drive seperate. You do miss out on wireless controllers, but I don't think that's a massive loss. You can always buy another controller later, or trade your wired controller towards a wireless...

Hell - I almost bought a core over the internet becuase they had them (this was mid-feburary. No stores still had them in stock). Fortunately, I walked into a Target one night, and happened to pick up the last Premium out of that shipment.

There is absolutely no reason to be ashamed of buying a core. If that's all you can afford, by all means get one. With a few notable exceptions, the experience will be the same.
    Oblivion caches to the HD. The HD is $100 if bought seperatly. You get a wired controller, not very next-gen. You don't get a headset, not very next gen.

But yea, they were for a little while all that was available. But you should totally feel ashamed if you bought a core. Yea, totally ashamed, thats right.

The core is a huge ripoff.

The core is for people who don't have Live, or a broadband connection. Which misses the point of the Xbox 360, in my opinion.

But in the end I am glad that both SKUs are selling. The more Xbox 360 sold the better, the color of the box does not matter in the long run.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I got a deal on the premium one, ($350 via overstock.com sale), so I jumped on that.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

OK, 22 people voted "Premium", 1 voted "Core" and 3 voted "Not planning to buy a 360"

At this rate, It looks like the core isn't going to survive when the premium gets to $300.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

I reserved a Premium system.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a Core. And I'm going to explain why.

I got my Xbox 360 in early Decemeber (from a DP member, in fact). I wasn't planning on getting one, but all the hype and various mumblings got to me. I needed one.

Someone here offerred a new one for $600, and it included PGR3, a memory card, and an extra wired controller. Yes, that's still $120 over retail, but I wanted one. Bad.

So, in actuality, I paid around $450 or so for a Core system. Do I give a shit? Hell no. I went out and bought the component cables, hard drive, headset, and three wireless controllers. And I have a blast with my 360. Yes, it cost me more money, but such is the price one pays for wanting something early and not preordering.

Would I buy a Core now? No. But it's no "retard" pack. In fact, if you don't have HD, and aren't interested in extras, you can just get the Core with a memory card for around $320. And hell, that isn't so bad if all you want to do is play some Perfect Dark or Call of Duty 2. And hey, if you want to upgrade down the line, then the option is there.

On a side note, I think that the Core system looks a heck of a lot better than the Premium, since it doesn't have that stupid chrome face-plate. Whose idea was that? :/

"Err, that Pimp my ride show is pretty hot these days..."
    "I know, let's chrome out the Xbox 360!"
    "[Little John]Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah[/Little John]"

An excerpt from the board meeting where they came up with the idea.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if you have no need for a wireless controller, component cables or hard drive then the Core pack is fine. But if you plan on buying the rest of the stuff (as I would have), then it doesn't make sense to get a Core pack since the HD alone costs $100 - the difference in price between the two packs. I also got a free multimedia remote with my premium pack since I got one of the first batch of systems.

I do agree with you on the chrome DVD tray cover, though - I think it looks horrible and would prefer a white one.
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The chrome thing isn't ending

Same thing with PS3's two models. The basic model is all black and the full model has a silver trim on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joker T
    The chrome thing isn't ending

Same thing with PS3's two models. The basic model is all black and the full model has a silver trim on it.
    I know, it looks bad. I'd rather have a matching disc tray than a non matching one, but then again, I like the extras.