Thread: Revenge negs

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Revenge negs

most of my negs have been revenge negs, this is what I get for not being afraid to use the system.

surely eBay should have a system for somone to overlook feedback and remove obvious revenge negs

for example if you neg somone for not paying you and then they neg you back there is little doubt that it is a revenge neg (unless they say they had paid)

I had a guy from spain I think, bought 10 cheap items, I kept mailing and mailing him, he never answered so I negged him 10 times I even said I would get revenge negs in the negs...sure enough I did.

che was saying things like, I dont send the items...well I wouldnt if he never paid.

they were obvious revenge negs.
    http://www.videopac.org The Worlds only dedicated Videopac & Odyssey 2 forums.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you fill a non-payer complaint (or what you call) it and the buyer doesnt reply within 10 days, the negatives would be removed automaticly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously?! I didn't know that! I thought it took an act of God to remove a neg.. even if it's from an NPB. I thought you had to use that "pay service" (another eB scam) to get eB to remove ANY kind of neg.

So what you're saying is that when you file an NPB for FVF credit and the buyer doesn't respond within his given amount of time.. the sale is null and void; or he CAN'T leave feedback. Are you sure?
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ye, Ebay introduced this 2-3 moths ago or something. I mean i remember something that the buyer had to have 10 in feedback rating or less, but i could be remembering wrong.

They only get removed if the buyer doesnt reply. If they buyer reply "i dont want to pay", i dont know if thats a valid reply or how Ebay handle it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well unfortunately my buyer did reply (see the blacklist thread), however I contacted customer services to see if they will do it, since they have given me a fvf credit.

my other revenge negs are far too way back and arnt recognised by the system anymore
    http://www.videopac.org The Worlds only dedicated Videopac & Odyssey 2 forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally understand where you're coming from, but it would be impossible to police a policy where it's left up to ebay administration to decide if a neg/neu feedback is valid.

Let's say this incorporate this policy of feedback review. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, would raise living hell whenever they got a neg and bombard ebay with emails like "LOOK AT THIS NEG I GOT IT IS NOT FAIR REMOVE IT NOWWWW!!!" Ebay simply couldn't hire enough people to make it managable.

Also, with ebay's track record, do you really want your feedback fate left in the hands of some of their incompetent customer service people?

The feedback system used to be broken, but it has come a long way. I *love* the instant removal of feedback from users who didn't respond to their NPB or users who were suspended within their first 90 days. This alone has saved me from 5 or so negs in recent months. They still have the mutual feedback removal, which is good for when you have new users who fly off the handle.

Yeah, you're going to have some losers who you simply can't please and will leave stupid negs, but that's part of dealing with customers.
    ________
    Depakote lawsuites
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:09 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got a revenge positive the other day. The guy complained that the item was beat up on the feedback comment and that I deceived him, when I described the item as being beat up. :/

He left me a negative-sounding positive. So I gave him a neutral and blocked him from my future auctions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    I got a revenge positive the other day. The guy complained that the item was beat up on the feedback comment and that I deceived him, when I described the item as being beat up. :/

He left me a negative-sounding positive. So I gave him a neutral and blocked him from my future auctions.
    I think that's a bit harsh. Would you have rather he left you a negative sounding negaive instead? Negative comment aside, the guy left you a positive.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I think that's a bit harsh. Would you have rather he left you a negative sounding negaive instead? Negative comment aside, the guy left you a positive.
    He didn't just do it to me, he did it to three different sellers. The items were new but he complained they were used... so yeah. I didn't feel that evil that day. If I had I would've left him a negative, but since some people think neutrals are worse...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Revenge neg's suck. I've only gotten one so far in so many years, but it still kind of pisses me off. Bought a ts2068 mint, and it turned out not to be mint, and dead to boot. And the seller neg'd me first! What a jerk... Oh well, I ended up getting a motherboard for $10 a year later, so I don't feel so bad about it now.
    Still sucks that I'll probably never see 100% feedback again though...

10 negs has to really suck though, but don't they really count as '1' because they are from the same person?