Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Translated SNES carts

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Damn newbs

Interesting that these 1 post nobodies are bitching...stick a sock in it you idiots...
    ~TisLord~

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Re: Damn newbs

Quote Originally Posted by TisLord
    Interesting that these 1 post nobodies are bitching...stick a sock in it you idiots...
    I dunno who Brandino is, but if you follow the homepage links on RedComet and my own profile, you'll be in for a very shocking surprise.

Now who needs to stick a sock in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Although he did not get the permission from the translators, the arguement about pricing is not valid, memory chips cost a fair bit, a diffrence from NES games that nesreproduction does.

On a side note, gamerreproductions nes games cost 25, while the Dragon Warrior V game costs 45 due to the production parts cost, and it works very well, I bought one.

That said, it's very exciting to hear about more being possible, there are 3 there i'd love to play on my own console, and 1 other that would kick ass if translated.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ha

Interestingly your homepage link does not work...if you are syaing you are the 1 post poster...then why???
    ~TisLord~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Re: ha

Interestingly your homepage link does not work...if you are syaing you are the 1 post poster...then why???
    See all these? I made them. RedComet's also a well-known translator. Many of the translations this guy's selling are NOT meant to be played in real consoles due to bugs on real hardware, not to mention a lot if not ALL of us game translators don't want people to profit off what we make for free.

I'm not the only one who's got a problem with this... you would be too, if you saw what you spent hours making on a cart without even asking if it was fine with you.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Default Re: ha

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    See all these? I made them. RedComet's also a well-known translator. Many of the translations this guy's selling are NOT meant to be played in real consoles due to bugs on real hardware, not to mention a lot if not ALL of us game translators don't want people to profit off what we make for free.

I'm not the only one who's got a problem with this... you would be too, if you saw what you spent hours making on a cart without even asking if it was fine with you.

Aww, man, I was actually considering getting 2 of these now I have my doubts. For a few reasons, I cant download the games themselves and would've loved to play them on my actual SNES. Is there anywhere out there that I CAN get SNES reproductions from?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does gamereproductions.com ask for permission from the translating teams before making repro carts? They are currently down right now, but when they are up, their website suggests that if you send them the rom and the money needed, they'll make you a cart. Obviously, there are exceptions(Star Ocean). I'm sure people have made repro carts of the very ones Shadowkn55 has listed here.

If the above is true, there is no difference b/w what Shadowkn55 is doing and what gamereproductions.com has been doing for a long time.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just curious because I have only heard positive things about the site I previously posted and what Shadowkn55 is doing is the very same thing as far as I can tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Mostly, it's the prices. GameReproductions is much cheaper and judging from his prices, it seems he's not making a profit. This guy's prices are much higher, and the way he worded the post made it seem like he's doing this -for- profit...

Heck, if the guy isn't getting any profits then it's fine by me as long as he discloses the total cost to make these games, but I wouldn't be so sure about other people. Not to mention that aside from the possible hardware bugs, there's the fact that a lot of those games aren't even totally done, and still have bugs which are in the process of being fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mostly, it's the prices. GameReproductions is much cheaper and judging from his prices, it seems he's not making a profit. This guy's prices are much higher, and the way he worded the post made it seem like he's doing this -for- profit...

Heck, if the guy isn't getting any profits then it's fine by me as long as he discloses the total cost to make these games, but I wouldn't be so sure about other people. Not to mention that aside from the possible hardware bugs, there's the fact that a lot of those games aren't even totally done, and still have bugs which are in the process of being fixed.
    Perhaps you should speak to him before going to war?

Maybe you guys can create some sort of buisness relationship over this, I mean... what have you got to lose? You would win over alot of people who really want to play these games, and he offers the means to do so, you have done your hard work, I'd much perfer to get a game with your quality stamp on it, instead of hate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, let's see what the guy has to say for himself then. I (and others) will be waiting.

Edit:
    Oh, the point is a lot of us don't want people profiting off what we do. So a "business relationship", as you put it, wouldn't work. We're not in it for the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, let's see what the guy has to say for himself then. I (and others) will be waiting.

Edit:
    Oh, the point is a lot of us don't want people profiting off what we do. So a "business relationship", as you put it, wouldn't work. We're not in it for the money.
    yes, thats fine, but maybe he's not making a profit, the reason gamereproductions can do it at 45$ is because Dragon Warrior V is a 16? (or 32... pretty sure 16) meg cart, so not much memory is needed and less cost, thats why he has not bothered to make other titles.

Regardless of price, I would be interested, even if its only a little bit to help you guys keep on translating!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    Regardless of price, I would be interested, even if its only a little bit to help you guys keep on translating!
    I worked on the DQ5 translation and I haven't heard jack shit from this joker.

News Flash: Giving him money isn't going to help us "keep on translating" the vast majority of us do this for free because it's a hobby. Don't delude yourself into thinking that giving that jackass money is going to make any of us any more likely to translate a game you like.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How does translating games work? Do you make a patch or do you hack the ROM?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Besides this guy stealing and making money off other people's hard work and selling bootleg copies of games, he's also a liar.

I personally know most of the translation authors of the works he's selling and he has not contacted nor 'donated' a penny to them. Blatent lies.

He's both a liar and a theif with no respect for any of the parties involved in creating those games or translations.

This is a slap in the face to the community of people who make these translations possible.

How can one be so low? Don't you give a crap about anybody but yourself?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    How does translating games work? Do you make a patch or do you hack the ROM?
    You make a patch of the rom after you hack it. The patch is just a list of the changes you made to the rom. Take a look around romhacking.net there's a bunch of tutorials and utilities on that site that'll give you a general idea of how the entire thing is done. It's a rather time intensive thing, but the learning curve isn't all that bad if you've got some time and interest in learning.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've made an edit to the first post. Any constructive comments are appreciated.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Comments

None of my business but are all the people in this thread with one or two posts who suddenly came out of the woodwork going to continue posting here?

Did you all set up user accounts here just to go after this guy, whether he was right or wrong, or do you actually intend on sticking around?

Personally, I'd hope you'd stick around, if you are going through the trouble of setting up an account and offering your opinions in this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow.. sure are a LOT of guys joining this forum on the same day (today) who have never contributed here making random comments. Kinda' makes you wonder.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As the first person to flame you, I'll also be the first person to say I appreciate you being man enough to own up to your mistake. I don't think there's anything wrong with reproductions of unlocalized games in principle, but the admittedly sleazy way you went about it set off all kinds of alarm bells.

As for constructive criticism:
    1. Make youself a webpage. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, but it'll let you explain yourself, build up a reputation, and is generally more professional.
    2. Charge a flat rate unless the cart requires special hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch56
    Wow.. sure are a LOT of guys joining this forum on the same day (today) who have never contributed here making random comments. Kinda' makes you wonder.
    Conspiracy theorys don't seem to be your strong suit, buddy. All of the one-posters who replied have distinct bodies of work in rom hacking you can refer back to.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't plan on doing this forever so I have no plans on putting up a web page. It's something I do on the side for fun. Like I said, I don't do this for money. I don't have the time to mass produce them like the guys at nesrepros or gamerepros.

Also, a flat rate pricing doesn't work well with snes games. Unlike nes games which use 2 at max of a fairly inexpensive eprom, snes games are much bigger and requires more expensive eproms. The games I listed were mostly priced by mbit size and build difficulty.

If anyone wants to try building their own cart, check out d4s site and feel free to ask any questions if you have problems.