Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My DS Lite power adapter isn't working!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My DS Lite power adapter isn't working!

WTF? I KNEW there'd be something wrong with this thing. It was too good to be true.

My power adapter will not work at ALL. And I can't tell if it's just the power adapter or the DS itself. Either way, my battery is completely dead-ish and I have no fucking way to charge it because the power plug is completely different than the others! Ugh! I finally get a DS with no dead pixels and end up with a non-working charger.

It's brand fucking new! WTF? No damn way can I return it. I can't switch this DS, it has my info in it. Plus there won't be any places I can get a new one anyway! What do I do?

What doesn't make sense is that the guage says it's fgull. But when I play Animal Crossing, the LED turns bright red and it says "Your battery is running low, you may want to save before you lose your data and Mr. Resetti gets pissed at you and chews you out."

Isn't the left LED supposed to come on when the charger is plugged in and it is charging? The LED isn't on at all. Nor does it come on even if I play with it unplugged for a while then plug it in. So it's not working at all! Now my LED is solid red mocking me.

Jasoco am cry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know much about the Lite, but perhaps it uses the same charger as the Micro. I dont know. Either way, you should be able to buy the charger separate, and return your existing one as broken. Or call Nintendo. They would probably send you one, but then you have to wait for shipping.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDragon
    I dont know much about the Lite, but perhaps it uses the same charger as the Micro. I dont know. Either way, you should be able to buy the charger separate, and return your existing one as broken. Or call Nintendo. They would probably send you one, but then you have to wait for shipping.
    I've already packed up my GBA SP for ebay, but I remember the plug being the same general shape, if you've got one...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No! The power adapter for the DS (Old) and GBA SP are the same. But both are completel different from the Gameboy micro. And all three are yet again completely different from the DS Lite.

Ugh! Why, Nintendo!? Why not at least use the micro's power adapter size! The Lite is even smaller than the micros is. Both of which are smaller than the SP and older DS.

GOOOOOOOOOODDDDD DDDDAAAAMMMMMMIIIITTT!!!!!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Just call Nintendo. They will send you out a new one.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And in the mean time for 5 days I can't use my DS Lite. What's the point? I need instant gratification. I can't stand waiting.

Can't stand it I say!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    And in the mean time for 5 days I can't use my DS Lite. What's the point? I need instant gratification. I can't stand waiting.

Can't stand it I say!
    Come on now, just order one! The longer your refuse to order one because you want "instant gratification" the longer you're making yourself wait to recieve one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they're closed at 2 AM.

Also, someone at NeoGAF suggested buying one and returning the dead one. Which I've done before, but it's just so much trouble.

I'll figure it out tomorrow. Whether I call and cry for 5 days or find a replacement.

Also, I have to make sure it's the PSU and not the DS itself. Which it could very well be actually. God I hope not.

Man.. stupid dead PSU cut down my Animal Crossing time. I can't go back to that old brick! I can't! It's so... DARK! My GOD, I'm spoiled!!!! The DS Lite's light has SPOILED me!

Why??? I knew something would happen to make me regret it. My life.. it's always the same thing. Something good happens, something bad happens to ruin it. Why does Karma hate me? I'm a nice person. Yet Karma always gets me in the end. x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"No damn way can I return it. I can't switch this DS, it has my info in it."

What info is that? I don't remember doing anything besides stuff like setting the time and maybe entering your name in. Not sure why you couldn't just return it from where you purchased it since it's defective and get a new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont even have one freaking DS. For someone to be complaining about having one on the fritz while being full coverd on repairs with no gaming down time at all. It just seems pretty damn dumb.

Use your old DS its not the end of the world.

Freaking drama queens.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Man.. stupid dead PSU cut down my Animal Crossing time. I can't go back to that old brick! I can't! It's so... DARK! My GOD, I'm spoiled!!!! The DS Lite's light has SPOILED me!
    I think modern technology has spoiled the hell out of people and turned them into whining brats. You want to talk about dark? Remember the original Gameboy? Remember how much of a bitch it was to get enough light so you could play it at night? I sure do, even with the Gameboy light it was still a bother.

I'm sure using the "dark" DS won't kill you, you didn't need blinding ultraviolet light a month ago to play the damn thing.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

just return the whole damn thing and get a new one....the new ds lites cant be that hard to find in store....one store i went in, target, had like 50 of them with no one standing around or looking at them.....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why??? I knew something would happen to make me regret it. My life.. it's always the same thing. Something good happens, something bad happens to ruin it. Why does Karma hate me? I'm a nice person. Yet Karma always gets me in the end. x_x
    I think it might be your Natalie Portman signature banner. I'm just sayin'....
    -Mark

Wanted: Activision Patches - PM me.
    Wanted: Popful Mail Case/Manual - PM me.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by exit
    I think modern technology has spoiled the hell out of people and turned them into whining brats. You want to talk about dark? Remember the original Gameboy? Remember how much of a bitch it was to get enough light so you could play it at night? I sure do, even with the Gameboy light it was still a bother.

I'm sure using the "dark" DS won't kill you, you didn't need blinding ultraviolet light a month ago to play the damn thing.
    Yes. Listen to this fellow, he knows what he's talking aboot.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    What info is that? I don't remember doing anything besides stuff like setting the time and maybe entering your name in.
    My WiFi in formation of course. They make a big deal about transferring it to new DS's, there's gotta be a reason I need to keep it. My games have attached themselves to the Lite now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    Not sure why you couldn't just return it from where you purchased it since it's defective and get a new one.
    I already said. You can't return something and exchange it for something that doesn't exist. We have no more. And probably won't get anymore for weeks or months. All we have left is a ton of third party accessories by Intec and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    I dont even have one freaking DS. For someone to be complaining about having one on the fritz while being full coverd on repairs with no gaming down time at all. It just seems pretty damn dumb.
    Do people who don't have cars go into "Car problem" threads and bitch about how they don't even have a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    Use your old DS its not the end of the world.
    Tried. Can't. It's like going back to the old GBA after using the SP.

Freaking drama queens.
    King. It's "Drama King".

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    just return the whole damn thing and get a new one....the new ds lites cant be that hard to find in store....one store i went in, target, had like 50 of them with no one standing around or looking at them.....
    Where am I going to find another DS Lite for less than $99? I bought mine for $99. Even if I return the one I have and drive to Target (Waste my gas driving 11 miles.) or Walmart (14 miles.) or Best Buy or Circuit City (You get the idea.) I'd end up paying MORE just to have a working one when it's probably only a simple $10 piece that could be replaced much easier. I'm not paying $130 once I've paid $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus
    I think it might be your Natalie Portman signature banner. I'm just sayin'....
    I didn't even know I still had that. And what the hell does that have to do with it? You making fun of my beliefs?

I already said I'd call. I have a right to complain. This is the internet and I'm in a free country. I can complain if I want. It's in the Constitution. :P :P :P < - - Signifies sarcasm/joking.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

"Why??? I knew something would happen to make me regret it. My life.. it's always the same thing. Something good happens, something bad happens to ruin it. Why does Karma hate me? I'm a nice person. Yet Karma always gets me in the end."
    yeah it definately sucks to get excited about something and have it get all fxcked up. But from this post that you made, it sounds like you have an anxiety/depression disorder. I used to be like that too, i know how you feel (not joking)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually.. I do. I get all worked up over stupid little things when they first happen.

And yes, my life really is like that. Something bad ALWAYS happens to balance out the good stuff. It never fails. I could find a hundred dollar bill. Then something in my car will break. Every. Single. Time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And yes, my life really is like that. Something bad ALWAYS happens to balance out the good stuff. It never fails. I could find a hundred dollar bill. Then something in my car will break. Every. Single. Time.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just kidding

-Mark

Wanted: Activision Patches - PM me.
    Wanted: Popful Mail Case/Manual - PM me.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

and when you play videogames it makes you not think of all the bad shit that happens in your life doesn't it. Because other than losing at the game what could possibly go wrong? I definately think that videogames are an outlet for people that have anxiety/depression disorders. Wait a second, I'm getting off topic here and think i'm gonna start my own thread about this anxiety/depression with videogame usage thingy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    ]just return the whole damn thing and get a new one....the new ds lites cant be that hard to find in store....one store i went in, target, had like 50 of them with no one standing around or looking at them.....
    Where am I going to find another DS Lite for less than $99? I bought mine for $99. Even if I return the one I have and drive to Target (Waste my gas driving 11 miles.) or Walmart (14 miles.) or Best Buy or Circuit City (You get the idea.) I'd end up paying MORE just to have a working one when it's probably only a simple $10 piece that could be replaced much easier. I'm not paying $130 once I've paid $100.

why not just take it there and have them do a straight 1 for 1 trade....broken for not broken.....say you got it as a gift and it doesnt work....you wont have to pay anything outta pocket for it......

also, 11 miles, even in a hummer would only be not even a gallon of gas.....so, im sure you have a normal car, or you wouldnt be complaining about gas......its really not that expensive...

look at milk, orange juice, bottled water, etc......all cost more than gas....and dont even get me started on comparing our gas to gas in england.....we have it cheap....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983