Thread: Modded PS2 system Wanted

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Modded PS2 system Wanted

I need a modded PS2 system that plays PAL/Japan/and US games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a cheap and effective way to play backups, Imports and just about any PS1/PS2 game.
    http://www.modmonster.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=75
    All you gotta do is put in the disc wait for it to boot pop open the disc tray without pushing the open button (there is a way with the tool) then put in your import/backup disc and select NTSC/PAL and play.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkiller922
    Here's a cheap and effective way to play backups, Imports and just about any PS1/PS2 game.
    http://www.modmonster.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=75
    All you gotta do is put in the disc wait for it to boot pop open the disc tray without pushing the open button (there is a way with the tool) then put in your import/backup disc and select NTSC/PAL and play.
    I like that. So I can play pal games on my US tv with that disk? or do I need a tv converter too?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Swap magics and flip tops are a joke. There are games that require patching before they can be playable. Thats why there so many versions of swap magic. Plus, swapping gets a bit tiresome after a while. You are better off with a soldered in modchip. At least the updates dont require you to buy a new set of discs. The most it will set you back is a blank cd. If these things were really that great, modchips wouldnt sell anymore.

As for playing PAL games, unless the game can output an NTSC signal, you are going to need some sort of tv converter. I have Virtua Tennis 2 (pal version) and it lets you choose between ntsc or pal but I'm not sure all pal games have that feature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a modded v12 slim PStwo that might be available. Comes with a DMS4 SE Pro chip that was installed by a professional modder. You can literally put in any backup/import/legit PS1 or PS2 disc in it and it'll boot up flawlessly. Also has a new laser installed on it along with the laser fix so you don't need to worry about it crapping out on you anytime soon. Latest version of SMS Media Player is installed on it too so you can watch Divx movies and import DVD's.

Asking $190 for it with just the system and hook-ups (no controller included). LMK if you're interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

I always wanted a chipped system though i love the magic disk with the fliptop. as long as you get this newest one you should be fine for awhile. Yeah it sucks patching it though, but definatly worth the money
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a chipped PS2 I could sell if someone is still looking for one. I've had it for a couple of years now so its not as cool as the DMS4. Make me an offer -

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55
    As for playing PAL games, unless the game can output an NTSC signal, you are going to need some sort of tv converter. I have Virtua Tennis 2 (pal version) and it lets you choose between ntsc or pal but I'm not sure all pal games have that feature.
    Indeed, when it comes to the PS2, the 60Hz option available in many PAL games is just plain NTSC, not PAL60. So any PAL games with 60Hz option should work fine on your TV. Just have to find those!

Unlike Xbox and Cube games, where the 60Hz option is PAL60 instead.