Thread: PAL PS2 games on US TV?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PAL PS2 games on US TV?

I need help. There is only 1 PAL PS2 game that I want to play here in America(He-manefender of Grayskull)

What is the best converter to buy to play PAL games on a US TV? I don't think this game supports VGA, so I need a way to convert a US signal to a PAL signal on my TV. Anyone?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Check if it's got a 60Hz mode. If it has, it's likely to be NTSC (not PAL60). I assume you have got a way to play imports on your machine?

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the best way is to buy multisystem tv, that way you never care about pal/ntsc issue.
    its expensive but totally rocks, if you're having systems from europe(amiga cd-32 for example).
    I've heard that converters suck and real things are expensive($100+ for proffesional converters).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a cheap 3rd party PAL-NTSC converter out there for the PS2, and I mean $10 cheap. Not the best picture in the universe, but certainly playable. Don't remember the manufacturer or model, unfortunately.

I'll second the Multisystem TV. I have never understood why they are so expensive to buy in the US, they are standard issue in many parts of the world. Anyway, I have one, and never have to worry about what kind of signal input I have. Just plug in and go.