Thread: CGE 2006 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CGE 2006 ?

I haven't heard anything about a potential Classic Gaming Expo this year, and the official web site still displays 2005' expo... the countdown from last year is still counting and looped back:

link.

Is CGE'2006 not happening

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe they cancelled this year's event and are planning one for next year.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: CGE 2006 ?

Quote Originally Posted by lkermel
    I haven't heard anything about a potential Classic Gaming Expo this year, and the official web site still displays 2005' expo... the countdown from last year is still counting and looped back:

link.

Is CGE'2006 not happening
    If you had bothered to read the front page you linked to, you would've read this:
    Don't Wait 'til Next Year!
    We have decided that we will not be having a show next year. There are two main reasons for this decision. First of all, over the past eight years, all of our lives have changed dramatically. There have been new additions to our families, new jobs, new careers and pending career changes. After all the planning and coordination of this year, we do not feel we have the time to meet our own expectations for a show next year. Our plan is to skip the 2006 show and return in 2007 with an incredible 10th anniversary spectacular that you won't want to miss.

Second, our exhibit at E3 has been extremely popular and we are planning to continue using E3 as a vehicle to spread the word about videogame history. That's not to say we're abandoning CGE in favor of E3. This break will simply allow us to better plan and implement some of the events we've been thinking about over the years but haven't had time to bring to fruition. Again, this will only help our plans for our 10th anniversary show.

We realize this notice may be coming a little late for those who might be skipping CGE this year with the intent to attend next year, but we're hoping there's still time for you to make last minute plans to join us at CGE 2005!
    Therefore, your answer was already right there.

Yes, I'm felling a bit snarky.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Sniderman for pointing this out... because the first half of the page was old news, I missed the third paragraph that mention this... everything makes sense now... thanks