16 June 2006 - After much speculation and rumour about the final price of the Sony PlayStation 3, one retailer has finally put the device up for pre-order on its website—for the shockingly high price of £549 ($1,020 USD).

Play.com has the PS3 listed for sale, with availability listed as due for release on 17 November.

The site notes, "Due to an expected European shortage of the PS3, we are unable to guarantee delivery of your PS3 before Christmas. All pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis and game titles in this package may be changed, subject to availability."

I hate the way they fuck over the UK and do an almost straight dollar to pound conversion. So us in England have to pay double for a PS3 ... and the only reason I'm going to have to get one is because Sega pulled the damn 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5.

So I'm looking at paying £600 for ONE game Starting to become a Sony hater for the way they treat us Brits.

I'm almost tempted to say to Sony and Sega that they can kiss my fat hairy white ass and that I'll live without VF5..... but I just can't bring myself to do it .

How many UK visitors here are going to pay the damn right ridiculous price for a PS3?