Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Thousand Arms for the PS1 any good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is Thousand Arms for the PS1 any good?

I decided to buy this game. I have heard it is a decent game and I jumped on the opportunity to get it once I know it got a 5 on the digitpress guide.

The game seems like a lot of fun. I have heard of it being described as a full blown RPG combined with a dating simulator. I think if they pulled it off right that would be a lot of fun.

So has anyone here played it? I payed 35 bucks for a complete copy, is that a good deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

I only played a bit, but what I did play was rather meh.

The dating sim part was fun, but the battles were really odd and just didn't work for me.

But like I said, I only played a bit (few hours tops).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been trying to find a complete Thousand Arms for ages but every copy I come across is always missing the hologram card and/or memory card stickers.

Never played it before but it looks good though. Especially that dating sim part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    I've been trying to find a complete Thousand Arms for ages but every copy I come across is always missing the hologram card and/or memory card stickers.

Never played it before but it looks good though. Especially that dating sim part.
    Well when I say complete I doubt it has that with it. The guy did say it was complete with case and instuctions but he said onthing off a memory card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abman

Well when I say complete I doubt it has that with it. The guy did say it was complete with case and instuctions but he said onthing off a memory card.
    Yeah, it's supposed to come with a little sheet of memory card stickers and a holographic trading card thingy. It's not a big deal but being the completest that I am, I personally can't live without it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it's supposed to come with a little sheet of memory card stickers and a holographic trading card thingy. It's not a big deal but being the completest that I am, I personally can't live without it.
    I wonder why there are memory card stickers. Do you mean stickers of memory cards on stickers to go on memory cards. I am guessing to go on because the other would really make no sense.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, wait til you meet Nelsha

Dating her and using her in fights is so, so, so Kickass

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finished it in a weekend. The only good part was the dating sim thing, and that got old real fast. Story is bland, and the combat is among the worst I've ever seen. If you're *really* intrigued, then check it out, but if you're just kinda half-heartedly looking for something to play, there's much much better out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder why there are memory card stickers. Do you mean stickers of memory cards on stickers to go on memory cards. I am guessing to go on because the other would really make no sense.
    Yeah, they are just decorative little stickers that go on the memory card. Guess so it's easy to identify which card your Thousand Arms game saves are on in case you have a bunch of PS1 memory cards.

A few early PS1 games came with memory card stickers, mainly RPG's. Raiden Project came with a set though.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been looking for 1 of those for so long. I've only ever seen 1 for sale here, NZ, and it was morbidly expensive.

PAL regions get all the luck, huh?
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, they are just decorative little stickers that go on the memory card. Guess so it's easy to identify which card your Thousand Arms game saves are on in case you have a bunch of PS1 memory cards.
    I have I V-Mem and don't have to worry about a bunch of cards. I just have to worry about remembering/recording whats on the v-cards.

I'm intrigued. I might have to find me a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH
    Yay, any RPG takes a while to get into, the first couple of hours are a lot of introductions and back story. If you base FF7 on the first couple of hours, you might think "meh" too.[/list]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tylerwillis
    I finished it in a weekend. The only good part was the dating sim thing, and that got old real fast. Story is bland, and the combat is among the worst I've ever seen. If you're *really* intrigued, then check it out, but if you're just kinda half-heartedly looking for something to play, there's much much better out there.
    What was the battle system like? Everyone is saying it is pretty bad and I am really wondering about it. What is so bad about it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Quote Originally Posted by 50TBRD
    Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH
    Yay, any RPG takes a while to get into, the first couple of hours are a lot of introductions and back story. If you base FF7 on the first couple of hours, you might think "meh" too.[/list]
    It was more the battle system that turned me off. But I was really just giving it a quick whirl. And no worries, I don't base anything off of FF7

Anyways, if anyone would like to see what the stickers and holocard look like, I uploaded them to RFGen a few months ago. Click me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

If you base FF7 on the first couple of hours, you might think "meh" too.
    Yeah it's not until you beat the game that you can truely appreciate how much it sucked.

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I absolutely LOVE that game!!!

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Yeah it's not until you beat the game that you can truely appreciate how much it sucked.
    I've played all sorts of RPGs- Xenogears, Star Ocean, Vandal Hearts, Legend of Legia, Breath of Fire 4, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFT, Front Mission 3 and Mario RPG. Mario RPG, FFT, and FF7 are really the only ones that I would want to play again, although I really got into Xenogears, Star Ocean, and Front Mission 3. But there is something for everyone out there. What RPGs do you like playing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

A few early PS1 games came with memory card stickers, mainly RPG's. Raiden Project came with a set though.
    Ogre Battle came with a set of these too.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tylerwillis
    What was the battle system like? Everyone is saying it is pretty bad and I am really wondering about it. What is so bad about it?
    IIRC, it was incredibly monotanous, even more so that standard RPG fare. Only one character can attack at a time (same for the enemies), and the other chars could only do support stuff. I have a personal beef about not being able to use all your characters at once (ie, you have a party of 7 in FFX but can only use 3 at a time), but just having one effective fighter was ridiculous.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    I've played all sorts of RPGs- Xenogears, Star Ocean, Vandal Hearts, Legend of Legia, Breath of Fire 4, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFT, Front Mission 3 and Mario RPG. Mario RPG, FFT, and FF7 are really the only ones that I would want to play again, although I really got into Xenogears, Star Ocean, and Front Mission 3. But there is something for everyone out there. What RPGs do you like playing?
    Me? I enjoy loads of RPGs. Some of my favorites:

NES: Crystalis, Dragon Warrior IV, Just Breed, Legend of the Ghost Lion, Legend of Zelda, Magic of Scheherazade, Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, Star Tropics, Sweet Home, & Ultima: Exodus

SNES: Dragon View, Inindo, Lufia II, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Harvest Moon, & Spike McFang

SFC: Dragon Quest V, Madou Monogatari, Romancing SaGa 3, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Pahntasia, & Wonder Project J

Genesis: Shining Force, Beggar Prince, Crusader of Centy, Landstalker, Pirates! Gold, Shadowrun, Shining Force II, New Horizons, & Warsong

Sega CD: Vay, Popful Mail, & Shining Force CD

GameGear: Defenders of Oasis

N64: Paper Mario, & Harvest Moon 64

PlayStation: Alundra, Breath of Fire III, Breath of Fire IV, Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy IX, Lunar, Lunar 2, Persona 2, Rhapsody, Shadow Madness, Tales of Destiny II, Valkyrie Profile, & Vandal Hearts

... I'll just stop there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me? I enjoy loads of RPGs. Some of my favorites:

NES: Crystalis, Dragon Warrior IV, Just Breed, Legend of the Ghost Lion, Legend of Zelda, Magic of Scheherazade, Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, Star Tropics, Sweet Home, & Ultima: Exodus

SNES: Dragon View, Inindo, Lufia II, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Harvest Moon, & Spike McFang

SFC: Dragon Quest V, Madou Monogatari, Romancing SaGa 3, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Pahntasia, & Wonder Project J

Genesis: Shining Force, Beggar Prince, Crusader of Centy, Landstalker, Pirates! Gold, Shadowrun, Shining Force II, New Horizons, & Warsong

Sega CD: Vay, Popful Mail, & Shining Force CD

GameGear: Defenders of Oasis

N64: Paper Mario, & Harvest Moon 64

PlayStation: Alundra, Breath of Fire III, Breath of Fire IV, Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy IX, Lunar, Lunar 2, Persona 2, Rhapsody, Shadow Madness, Tales of Destiny II, Valkyrie Profile, & Vandal Hearts

... I'll just stop there. [/quote]

It seems as though you like more lighthearted/ upbeat games. The FF games, Xenogears have dark overtones. So that maybe another reason why you don't like them.