Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could the 360 pull off 'Crysis'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default Could the 360 pull off 'Crysis'?

For those of you who have seen this game in motion, you probably understand why I'm asking this....

It makes the original Far Cry's graphics look like a 4 year-olds scribbling.

Not to mention, it's running on DX10. I've never seen graphics near as sexy in all my life!

So, rhetoricaly - could the 360 pull this game off with little graphical downgrading in the process?

A triple core processor and a damn good graphics processor? Seriously... What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Could the 360 pull off 'Crysis'?

Count on it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

I'm gonna say no specifically because of the amount of RAM needed to make Crysis look like Crysis.

Then again with the shared RAM the might be able to leverage what they need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Count on it.
    This is the awnser I was leaning towards, but will the 360 be able to pull off the new graphical upgrades that will be featured in DX10?

And the amount of detail.....

When I first saw a bomb explode in the jungle and take out a few square yards of trees - the explosions look ultra-realistic; splinters flying everywhere - I almost thought it was real .

njiska shares my concerns with RAM.. This game looks like it would kill even the most souped-up pc you could throw at it. But the 360 has 3 cores - most pc's have 2 at the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know

I think there's a chance that it will but how will it be, who knows

But maybe it will work good, I look forward to it no matter what.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I think so.

360 has specs of a damn good gaming pc. then of course it will be engineered specifically for the platform...

I dont think you be seeing any console games looking better than what 360 can do untill ps3 has been out for a couple years. Seeing as 360 is way easier to develop for and all that.

I mean just going by specs the original xbox shouldnt have been able to run doom 3. But it sure as hell did.

Some people with thousands and thousands of dollars to drop on pc hardware may disagree though.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

I think it would take a while longer before developers start taking advantage of the 360s hardware. They have not even started taking advantage of two cores yet, let alone three. So Crysis may be possible down the road a year or so, but I don't think today.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default the game will be ported when it will seem possible

I think we will see a port down the road when programmers know how to tap into the power of the 360. I look forward to seeing the true potential of the system.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

You guys realise it was running on DX9 is some of the vidz right? Yea it could pull it off, but I'd rather play it on a PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I'm sure we'll see a port, but like most PC to console ports there will be a downgrade to graphics.

A lot of the power for games like that comes from RAM, and the 360 just doesn't have it in the amounts needed to play something like Crysis at full speed with no hiccups and hits to the visuals.

Though I'm sure that the game will be reconfigured and tweaked for the 360 to the point that it'll run smooth and the graphics difference will be negledgeable.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by slip81
    Yeah, I'm sure we'll see a port, but like most PC to console ports there will be a downgrade to graphics.

A lot of the power for games like that comes from RAM, and the 360 just doesn't have it in the amounts needed to play something like Crysis at full speed with no hiccups and hits to the visuals.

Though I'm sure that the game will be reconfigured and tweaked for the 360 to the point that it'll run smooth and the graphics difference will be negledgeable.
    It's kind of funny too, because the 360 hardware is on-par or more powerful then any PC on the market and the only thing keeping it from running something like Crysis at full effect is the RAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Quote Originally Posted by slip81

It's kind of funny too, because the 360 hardware is on-par or more powerful then any PC on the market and the only thing keeping it from running something like Crysis at full effect is the RAM.
    RAM requirements can always be changed by adjusting the coding for the console version. Lots of RAM helps but I feel that it could be adjusted to make a console version.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if Prey is anything to go by... probably not. Technically, I think the 360 is up to the job - but I don't think any developer will have the time to truly get the most out of the system, especially if they're looking to get the game out on a couple of systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Well if Prey is anything to go by... probably not. Technically, I think the 360 is up to the job - but I don't think any developer will have the time to truly get the most out of the system, especially if they're looking to get the game out on a couple of systems.
    No prey is not anything to go by because it funning off the Doom3 engine which is a good 3 years old now.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    No prey is not anything to go by because it funning off the Doom3 engine which is a good 3 years old now.
    Yeah but it still looks a lot better then most of the 360 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Yes , but the engine used to run Crysis is completly different. Everything will be moving, and destructable. Have you seen the test demo's on www.gametrailers.com? It's going to be a power hog.

I'm sure they might pull of something, but no where near the goodness of playing it on a PC with recommended specs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The engine used to run Half-Life 2 and DOOM III is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the original RISE OF PERATHIA, Airforce Delta Storm, and Wreckless engines. THERE IS NO WAY THE XBOX CAN RUN THESE GAMES

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My guess is that Crysis will hit the 360 in the next 24 months, but it won't be quite up to par with the PC version. It will be slightly watered down, like Doom 3 was on the Xbox 1. However, I would guess that if it was attempted during the last years of the 360's prime time life, like in 4 or 5 years from now, they could pull it off with virtually no degradation. Problelm is, it will be attempted much sooner, and won't be given all the time and resources needed to pull it off 100 percent.

Still, I'll be happy with it considering I'm never going to have a state of the art PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    My guess is that Crysis will hit the 360 in the next 24 months, but it won't be quite up to par with the PC version. It will be slightly watered down, like Doom 3 was on the Xbox 1. However, I would guess that if it was attempted during the last years of the 360's prime time life, like in 4 or 5 years from now, they could pull it off with virtually no degradation. Problelm is, it will be attempted much sooner, and won't be given all the time and resources needed to pull it off 100 percent.

Still, I'll be happy with it considering I'm never going to have a state of the art PC.

You of all people wont have a top of the line PC? I mean I have a mid range right now, but as far as gaming/dvd audophile equipment I'm a demi god , and your Zues. I dont see how you can't have a good PC, and all the other nuts, and bolts, whats the deal?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Count on it.
    This is the awnser I was leaning towards, but will the 360 be able to pull off the new graphical upgrades that will be featured in DX10?

And the amount of detail.....

When I first saw a bomb explode in the jungle and take out a few square yards of trees - the explosions look ultra-realistic; splinters flying everywhere - I almost thought it was real .

njiska shares my concerns with RAM.. This game looks like it would kill even the most souped-up pc you could throw at it. But the 360 has 3 cores - most pc's have 2 at the most.
    and although PC's have 2 cores alot of the time they are not running at 3.2ghz each sometimes they dont even hyperthread.