Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Considering Selling my NWC Gold Cart

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulnoise
    I don't think sivarto did anything really wrong other than piss off the professors (no disrespect intended). The only thing really inflamitory was his previous comment

Quote Originally Posted by sivarto
    Never mind Buyatari,you and your speculation on videogames crack me up
    Enough to warrant moderation? Dunno. I've gotten away with worse but I've been around a lot longer and generally spellcheck my posts before hitting the submit button.

Regardless, this is still a good thread and I'm very interested in the end results of this possible sale. While I doubt I'll be purchasing a NWC Gold cart anytime soon it is still educational if I do find myself in that position sometime in the future.
    I thought throwing out the idea, on Page 2, that some of the people who own the game have fake carts was also a little offensive.

You know, even if he ended up getting a considerable amount of money together for an offer, word might spread about this type of behavior. He talked a lot about buyers and sellers. Sellers not only have a price but some of them have reservations about who they would sell to.

Since it is your thread Udisi, would you sell to someone who had an abrasive personality, even if the offer was a good one? Maybe it is just me but I would take that into consideration when selling, if I had the game. When it is five figures potentially in play, I could live with taking $1,000 less to sell it to a "nice" guy, as opposed to someone who was rude or combative to me or other people with that type of item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

He might be less willing to concede the details with an abrasive buyer (such as how long to pay etc) but for a 10k+ sale I'm sure he would sell to the devil himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    Since it is your thread Udisi, would you sell to someone who had an abrasive personality, even if the offer was a good one? Maybe it is just me but I would take that into consideration when selling, if I had the game. When it is five figures potentially in play, I could live with taking $1,000 less to sell it to a "nice" guy, as opposed to someone who was rude or combative to me or other people with that type of item.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    I could live with taking $1,000 less to sell it to a "nice" guy
    Seriously? I would never pay someone $1000 to have a nice personality. If I had a serious problem with the buyer I just wouldn't sell to them at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

There's a fine line between the dollar and doing the nice thing... I've been fighting with it myself recently. I'd like to sell something for cheaper, but ultimately I need the money more (sudden moving expenses)

It's tough parting with high end items - I've had to do it a lot recently. I'm not a collector of anything other than common games and the few that I like, so I don't mind selling stuff I don't really want/need - sold an NWC grey, which was what brought me to DP in the first place. I miss it, but I get a lot more use out of what it bought for me.

I'm watching this thread because I'm curious what this cart will actually go for, as I think we all are. Good luck with the sale!
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I did not even notice sivarto had mentioned there was a possibility of it being "fake."

We all know his reasoning now. He is trying to drive the price down so he can buy one for $8000. I still believe he is the one who emailed me from eBay, because he mentioned the EXACT same things about the scratches missing, and how he would pay more if it was mint in the same style of English.

Skaar: That explains it then =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Fair enough, I didn't realize there were some ulterior motives to his posting. Sorry if I ruffled feathers. It was obvious that English wasn’t is first language and I was defending him on the basis of “lost in translation”.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I take it this guy is selling his copy?Or has another surfaced?
    20,000 starting bid!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=sirhansirhan;1029169][quote="GrandAmChandler"]
    Quote Originally Posted by sivarto

Generally speaking, I hate it when moderators on forums force out people with opinions that differ from the forum's standards; I've even left forums because of this before. But in this instance, sivarto's presence in this thread (and the others about the gold NWC) is akin to someone who hasn't passed 4th grade science being enrolled in bionuclear physics, and worse, thinking that they are smarter than the professor, who wrote their doctoral dissertation on the subject.
    Only checked now the last NWC selling prices and we have an average real price for $6000 for the gold cart(and other sellers have been trying forever to sell that piece for silly prices on ebay)

So,your "professors" were right eh?
    Or only trying to overprice their own carts?

My words were and are confirmed by facts and none paid more than $8k for that cart,simple as that.

As for the silver carts,last one had to be listed many times on ebay before selling for BARELY $2k(and it is already too much for it).

People like you,sirhansirhan,programmingace and others here are pure gems:arrogant and ready to worship your "professors" instead of trying to judge with your own mind..
    Pure comedy gold.

Adios.
    Last edited by sivarto; 01-10-2007 at 03:57 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sivarto: it is market timing, I hardly think a $6000 and $7000+ sale AVERAGE out to be $6000. Two of the things were sold within three weeks around Christmas, when everyone was scrambling for money. You're right, the thing has never went for more than $7000+ or whatever the highest eBay one just went ($7600 or so), only offers were made, but that does not necessarily mean that sellers will want to get rid of something for market value. I don't know what the purpose of you coming back on here and gloating 6 months after the fact is anyway, it's not like anyone cares. It all depends on who has money at the time. Udisi still has his cart, and I am sure he's not hurting for money, and the rest of the owners are keeping theirs close to them.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sivarto View Post
    People like you,sirhansirhan,programmingace and others here are pure gems:arrogant and ready to worship your "professors" instead of trying to judge with your own mind..
    Um... how exactly did i get dragged into this? The ONLY NES cart i own is a SMB/DH...

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Um... how exactly did i get dragged into this? The ONLY NES cart i own is a SMB/DH...
    A desperate man will pull out all the stops when he is in WAY over his head. I sense that was the case here. I guess that means I can expect my name to be included in a heated Supergrafx argument soon, even though I've never laid eyes on one