Insert Coin (Level 0) Drunk Billionaire's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Billionaire
    One of the best experiences in my life though. It was fun
    How long did you camp and what made it such a great experience?
    It was only 12 hours and the people that were there made it the best time. We were loud and laughed so hard and made fun of the losers that weren't getting the premiums. Lol and then for like 3 hours everything stopped and no one said anything. But we had a good time carrying on and people exchanged gamertags and we still play games today. It was fun and it was well worth it. Thats why I want to camp for the wii

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Camping out for the 360 was a fun experience. I'm glad I did it. But I won't do it again... at least not for the PS3 or Wii. It was cold, and I was in line for about 13 hours. My friends and I sent eachother cell phone pics of our respective lines. All types of people were in line with me... grandmothers, teenagers, middle aged man-boys--ten people total. One dude's mom brought everybody pizza, my wife brought us all hot-chocolate. We played board games and poker, talked about games, and made fun of the waaaaaaay too cranky cart-boy. We all turned down offers of money for our spots in line. Then to top it off, somebody found a coupon in the store's (Fred Meyers) flyer that said if we spent over $100, we got a free 20 lb turkey. So we all left with a 360... and a turkey too.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie
    So we all left with a 360... and a turkey too.

That's awesome!!

Maybe I'll camp for the Wii. Ummmm...maybe at Best Buy. You think I should go to a big place like BB or somewhere smaller like a Gamestop or even a mom 'n pop type place?

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker
    Maybe I'll camp for the Wii. Ummmm...maybe at Best Buy. You think I should go to a big place like BB or somewhere smaller like a Gamestop or even a mom 'n pop type place?
    Don't bother with Gamestop unless they tell you before hand that they will have extra systems (and even then don't be surprised if you don't get one). Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal Mart, Target (in that order) are your best bets. For the DS & 360 launch, Best Buy told people the day before what their procedure would be (when & where to line up, when vouchers would be handed out, when the store would open) and it worked out very well. Funny thing is for the DS they opened at midnight and for the 360 they didn't open until regular morning hours.

Mom 'n Pops will most likely not have anything or will be holding them for regular customers. For the $5 they make on the system, they honestly don't care if a non-regular customer gets one over a customer they see every week, I know I didn't.