Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is our Xbox Live Marketplace content?!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drunk Billionaire's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Where is our Xbox Live Marketplace content?!

Major Nelson had this to say on his blog

"There has been a lot of chatter across the internet about upcoming content releases, or to put it more bluntly, where the heck are they? This could be an Arcade title or a game demo on Marketplace. I want to take a moment to help you manage your expectations. First and foremost, it's important that folks understand that I don't have complete visibility up the 'release river' to see what is on its way down to the Marketplace. When game publishers or developers promise Marketplace content by a certain date...I cringe. Why? Because getting a game through the certification process is very complex, and often those promising the content by a certain date are not fully aware of all the pieces involved in bringing content to the Marketplace..and then when the content does not appear, well you know what happens. To put it another way, let me ask you how many times have you gone to a game store or checked your favorite gaming website and found out that the release date of your highly anticipated title was moved? Similar issues exist in the process of getting content on the Marketplace or in the Arcade. Additionally, it's not appropriate to compare releasing similar content for a PC with releasing it on an Xbox 360. That is an apples to oranges comparison. (I'll see if I can get someone from the certification team on my show sometime in the future to discuss how their end of the business works.) To put it another way, there are many departments and processes that the Marketplace and Arcade content must pass through before it hits the Marketplace...and I can only see the last few feet or so. It's only when content is locked, loaded and on it's way to the Marketplace that I post about it. Unfortunately it's not reasonable for me to chase content around because the release dates are so tentative, and things change daily...plus I actually have a lot more work to do..this blog just happens to be the most high profile part of what I do."

Source- www.MajorNelson.com

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm...

Microsoft IS failing to provide content ATM. The 20 GB hard drive is too small for the HD content anyways...I have to delete something every time I want to download something else...

Prey demo??? They said any day a week ago, didn't they?

I'll play Lost Planet I guess...

Later,
    Trebuken

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish they would give me something to play while I am waiting for Chromehounds.

It's past "hype time" for the Prey demo and Street Fighter. It's just getting ridiculous. Particularly Prey. The game is going to come out before the demo!

IT'S NUTS I TELL YA!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

I'm still trying to understand what people are bitching about. They gave us EVERYTHING during E3, and we're in the slow part of the year. The system has had one release in the past few weeks (Moto GP), and there's a demo for it. There's new GRAW content, tons of themes and pics, plenty of arcade games are available, tons of movie trailers, and people still want more?

It's utterly unbelievable how spoiled we've become.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

WTF???

According to IGN - The demo for Chromehounds is now up for everywhere but North America!!

What the fuck is the deal with that? Especially since the game comes out in 2 weeks here.

And where the hell is the Prey demo?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still trying to understand what people are bitching about.
    We just want Street Fighter. Seriously, that's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by digitalmouse
    Then bitch at Capcom, not MS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    Yeah, but that'd be too difficult, and logical for people to do.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    WTF???

According to IGN - The demo for Chromehounds is now up for everywhere but North America!!

What the fuck is the deal with that? Especially since the game comes out in 2 weeks here.

Create another profile in another reion and you can download it. i used my UK account to get it and i can safely say that the demo runs fine on an NA region 360.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Point taken.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    WTF???

Create another profile in another reion and you can download it. i used my UK account to get it and i can safely say that the demo runs fine on an NA region 360.
    Same here. I was just playing it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drunk Billionaire's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Point taken.
    It's not Capcoms problem, They released it and allowed people to test it and play it but it's microsoft who is testing it and double checking for bugs even though capcom already did that. But I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I hope it's worth it. For as long as we are waiting we should be getting Capcom vs. SNK2 on the marketplace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Billionaire

It's not Capcoms problem, They released it and allowed people to test it and play it but it's microsoft who is testing it and double checking for bugs even though capcom already did that. But I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I hope it's worth it. For as long as we are waiting we should be getting Capcom vs. SNK2 on the marketplace.
    No. It's Capcom. Gamevideos.com did a whole preview of it and ripped it for major speed problemss and various other issues. It's Capcom, and we won't see C vs SNK because of the Arcade size limit.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WTF???

there is a quick and easy way to get the chromehounds demo, all you need to do is create a new live silver account for JAPAN... and you can have the demo now... its all in english... and its great.....
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Billionaire

No. It's Capcom. Gamevideos.com did a whole preview of it and ripped it for major speed problemss and various other issues. It's Capcom, and we won't see C vs SNK because of the Arcade size limit.
    Hopefully that limit will someday be lifted. At least once a larger memory card comes out.

Oh and BTW why would anyone blame MS for doing QA? COme on guys how are you gonna react if you pay money for something that's shit? THough we may not like the delays they are for our protection.

As for stuff not being released in all regions i suggest you read this section of the Major Nelson FAQ:

"Q: How come my country doesn't get any of this cool content? What's up with that?!
    A: There is no easy answer as to why every region doesn't get every single piece of downloadable Xbox Live content. In short, there are many factors that influence content availability that we don't control.
    If you've ever tried to take your lemonade stand worldwide you'd understand. What happens if a country has enacted a ban on lemon-derived products? Or what if my lemonade fails to pass a certification board? Or what if yellow-colored drinks are not allowed for public consumption? And do I need a license to use lemons from someone else's orchard? Welcome to the real world where unfortunately/fortunately there are a host of conditions that influence and regulate what you can and can't do.
    Governments, politicians, laws, regulations, video game rating boards, the ins-and-outs of licensing, Copyright and other Intellectual Property laws and treaties - any one of which can directly impact where content is available and where it is not.
    In every region we offer content these factors are unique. There is not one single Video Game Rating Board that governs the ratings each video game receives. The United States and part of Canada have the ESRB. Japan has CERO. Australia and New Zealand have varying forms of the OFLC (Australia OFLC / New Zealand OFLC). Germany has the USK. Roughly twenty-five European countries have the widely adopted PEGI. And so on and so on. Not all governments are the same. Laws are different. Regulations are different. Cultural preferences are different. And let's not even start in on the licensing model for the entertainment industry.

Yuck.

So if anything, don't take it personally. We want to offer up as much quality Xbox Live content that we can and we want the Xbox Live community to have access to as much of it as possible. Content is not region exclusive because we want it that way. Trust us. We don't like it any more then you do."

Oh and Matt if i hear you whinning one more time that people are spoiled because we have a certain level of expectations i will smack the taste out of your mouth. Seriously you're just being a dick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I personally have more then enough content to keep me busy, though I'm excitied for the new stuff that is coming. Thanks for the heads up on Chromehounds, I always forget to check for content on the overseas accounts I have.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Oh and Matt if i hear you whinning one more time that people are spoiled because we have a certain level of expectations i will smack the taste out of your mouth. Seriously you're just being a dick.
    What expectations? The 360 has ONE release this month. It's the summer. There is little to no content to offer these people, and when MS puts something up, all they do is say they don't want it. Major Nelson had 400 comments to one post, and 60% of them were bitching about a demo. When that demo hits, they'll say it's too late and they don't want it. Then they move back to Street Fighter.

It's irratating as hell. People are whining "I paid X amount for this service!"

Hello! Common sense? People paid the same damn thing on the Xbox 1 and got NONE of this content. The worst part of this is, they're crying over content that's free. They're not even paying for these demos!

If these people are aggravated by the lack of new content, maybe they should take a look at the old content that haven't seen/played yet. Do you have every arcade game? No? Then maybe this is the time to try them out. Have you been to your video store lately? Surely there's something there you haven't played yet. Maybe there's a couple movie trailers out there.

There is ZERO excuse for the behavior the Live community has shown. None. E3 HAS spoiled some people and apparently, they think that can continue all yeatr long. One idiot on MN said they should have one demo a week. Simply put, these people just DO NOT get it and don't care to.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree 100% with Gamereviewgod. This content is free, and there ain't that much that they could release as it is. People are way too quick to jump on MS' back. Also, there's a ton of stuff out there that's hidden -- go check it out. If you have time to bitch, you have time to look at everything there is to offer.

Why people are looking forward to Street Fighter is beyond me. It's an over decade old game that can be played on damn near everything. I think I saw it on a toaster once. OMG achievement points?! I know, I know, Live play -- but in the meantime, play it somewhere else and console yourself with something else. If you own a 360, I'd bet that you own at least one other game system. Go play that. Personally, I still have a bunch of games that I haven't finished yet, so I'm off to complete them while I wait for Dead Rising, 99 Nights, and Prey.

And, if all else fails, there is this thing called the great outdoors that is open and will welcome you back with open arms.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

What expectations? The 360 has ONE release this month. It's the summer. There is little to no content to offer these people, and when MS puts something up, all they do is say they don't want it. Major Nelson had 400 comments to one post, and 60% of them were bitching about a demo. When that demo hits, they'll say it's too late and they don't want it. Then they move back to Street Fighter.

It's irratating as hell. People are whining "I paid X amount for this service!"

Hello! Common sense? People paid the same damn thing on the Xbox 1 and got NONE of this content. The worst part of this is, they're crying over content that's free. They're not even paying for these demos!

If these people are aggravated by the lack of new content, maybe they should take a look at the old content that haven't seen/played yet. Do you have every arcade game? No? Then maybe this is the time to try them out. Have you been to your video store lately? Surely there's something there you haven't played yet. Maybe there's a couple movie trailers out there.

There is ZERO excuse for the behavior the Live community has shown. None. E3 HAS spoiled some people and apparently, they think that can continue all yeatr long. One idiot on MN said they should have one demo a week. Simply put, these people just DO NOT get it and don't care to.
    How about expecting content that's announced to be on time? Even if it's held up by QA people have a right to expect it on time and bitch if it isn't there. Now granted they should hold the right parties responsible. I don't like when people bloat Major Nelsons blog either, they should be bitching to the devs. BUT THEY SHOULD BE BITCHING.

Same goes for price. You and Ken both said stop whinning over that but the fact is the community has expectations and when they're not met protesting is not only expected but warrented.

As for lack of content, XBLM was supposed to be Microsofts trump card and part of that was because it was supposed to have lots of content. THe problem is that as far as Arcade games and demos are concerned they just aren't coming with enough regularity to make the people see that it's being supported. Look at how long ago Uno was.

It's one thing to disagree with their methods but to simply call them whinners for having valid complaints is just being pigheaded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

The Chromehounds demo is supposedly promised as an exclusive to a magazine in North America. Probably OXM.