Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is our Xbox Live Marketplace content?!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm....

Never seen so many defend Microsoft, must have to do with Bill Gates stepping down...

Nothing is free n Xbox Live if I had to pay to subscribe to it. We can claim that I paid for the ability to play games online, but in reality I paid for the experience of Xbox Live on the 360 which includes the 'free' content.

Microsoft knows what it's customers want in should cater to them. It is Microsofts fault, they have alot of pull with the developers and can make things happen.

We do not need to try everything on Xbox Live to know it does not interest us. Someone just exclaimed about how uninteresting the SF2 release is to them for example.

With know new games and little additional content of note, Microsoft is not making Xbox Live the experience it could be.

Though I thgink the holiday season this year will make up for everything...

Now I'm going to find out about this region change thing and download Chromehounds...Prey and Chromehounds released on the same day? Why?

Later,
    Trebuen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by l_lamb
    The Chromehounds demo is supposedly promised as an exclusive to a magazine in North America. Probably OXM.
    Ah, finally a reason to buy the magazine... or not.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Default Re: hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken
    Nothing is free n Xbox Live if I had to pay to subscribe to it. We can claim that I paid for the ability to play games online, but in reality I paid for the experience of Xbox Live on the 360 which includes the 'free' content.
    Silver account is free and you can download to your hearts content.

In other words, you ARE paying to play online.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken
    Silver account is free and you can download to your hearts content.

In other words, you ARE paying to play online.
    Oh yeah, I forgot people actually wanted the Silver account.

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

In the nicest way possible, and not to get bitched at by his own bosses, you just saw Major Nelson blow up on his blog. He is fed up with the bull shit too. Off the record, I am sure he would say the same thing I have been saying for months now, that the bitching and complaining has got to stop, as it is unwarranted.

The GRAW map pack came out the other week, the CoD2 map pack just came out. There is your f'ing content.

When they *announced* Texas Hold'em and SF II Hyper Fighting at CES, they did not give a hard date. They have yet to give a release date for the software. So how on earth can anyone complain about it being "late."

Complain all you want about it not being here, that is fine. I wish this stuff was here already. I wish I didn't have to login to my JP account to download the Chromehounds demo, I wish there were 12 new Arcade games available tomorrow, but it isn't going to happen.

I thought it was clear by now that MS tried to get developers on board a couple years ago to get games lined up, developed, tested, and ready for release on Arcade. That didn't happen. If it did, we would likely be playing SFII on XBLA by now.

Prey doesn't come out until July 11, and they haven't had the best track record of getting demos on Live in the first place. Someone obviously thought the 360 demo was not ready for prime time.

"But the PC demo is already out!" It is not uncommon at all, since it is being built for Windows and the 360. There are many factors we don't know about. But when the demo does hit Marketplace, people will find something else to bitch about, not understanding how fortunate they are for having such a service.

People are going to complain using the most convienent means possible. They are also not going to care who they should be complaining to. Microsoft is the easy target here, and the Major Nelson blog, for better or worse, makes complaining to/about Microsoft that much easier.

If I were Major Nelson, I would turn comments off. They are worse than GameFAQs. He just posted of a new Top Spin 2 demo, and there is nothing but bitching for the Prey demo. That is just pathetic. Don't you think that he, of all people, would like to get the Prey demo on Live?

Now, for as long as it took to write this, I should be able to download Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, and the Prey Demo on Xbox Live. Now where is this stuff, I should have it already. And what about a Saints Row demo, why can't I play that right now? Whaaa whaaaa whaaaaaa. (that was sarcasm folks)
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by meancode
    In the nicest way possible, and not to get bitched at by his own bosses, you just saw Major Nelson blow up on his blog. He is fed up with the bull shit too. Off the record, I am sure he would say the same thing I have been saying for months now, that the bitching and complaining has got to stop, as it is unwarranted.

The GRAW map pack came out the other week, the CoD2 map pack just came out. There is your f'ing content.

When they *announced* Texas Hold'em and SF II Hyper Fighting at CES, they did not give a hard date. They have yet to give a release date for the software. So how on earth can anyone complain about it being "late."

Complain all you want about it not being here, that is fine. I wish this stuff was here already. I wish I didn't have to login to my JP account to download the Chromehounds demo, I wish there were 12 new Arcade games available tomorrow, but it isn't going to happen.

I thought it was clear by now that MS tried to get developers on board a couple years ago to get games lined up, developed, tested, and ready for release on Arcade. That didn't happen. If it did, we would likely be playing SFII on XBLA by now.

Prey doesn't come out until July 11, and they haven't had the best track record of getting demos on Live in the first place. Someone obviously thought the 360 demo was not ready for prime time.

"But the PC demo is already out!" It is not uncommon at all, since it is being built for Windows and the 360. There are many factors we don't know about. But when the demo does hit Marketplace, people will find something else to bitch about, not understanding how fortunate they are for having such a service.

People are going to complain using the most convienent means possible. They are also not going to care who they should be complaining to. Microsoft is the easy target here, and the Major Nelson blog, for better or worse, makes complaining to/about Microsoft that much easier.

If I were Major Nelson, I would turn comments off. They are worse than GameFAQs. He just posted of a new Top Spin 2 demo, and there is nothing but bitching for the Prey demo. That is just pathetic. Don't you think that he, of all people, would like to get the Prey demo on Live?

Now, for as long as it took to write this, I should be able to download Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, and the Prey Demo on Xbox Live. Now where is this stuff, I should have it already. And what about a Saints Row demo, why can't I play that right now? Whaaa whaaaa whaaaaaa. (that was sarcasm folks)
    Actually Ken SFII has had a number of scheduled release dates. Nothing like a hard date, but definitely by the end of X month. March was the first, then it was delayed indefinitely. Then it was the end of June, and here we are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Well that is why they should not be putting dates out that they know they won't for 100% know are correct.

Of course 3DRealms should not have said that the Prey demo would be on XBLM to download either, but they did (and apologized for it).

The latest SF II rumor was June 30, and it is not here, that and it is a Friday, so that was unlikely anyways.

Still, there has not been a firm date for SF II. And "By the end of X Month" usually never happens, so I never listen to that either.

Oddly enough, the Wikipedia page now says Summer/Fall 2006. It is looking closer and closer to Fall if you ask me. I am sure it is the net code portion of the game that is holding everything up. At least if that video from GameVideos.com is any indication.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Hear ye, hear ye...

The 360 Prey demo is now up. And it's damn huge! (1.16 gigs)

That is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    Hear ye, hear ye...

The 360 Prey demo is now up. And it's damn huge! (1.16 gigs)

That is all.

Wow thats HUGE!! Oh well I'm sure its pretty damn good.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew