Thread: Stupid humans...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Stupid humans...

OK, yesterday, I was seriously asked about this by two gentlemen who came in together, believing this 100%:

Have you heard anything about Super Mario Moonshine?

These guys were under the belief that Moonshine would come out at the same time as Sunshine, and that it would be a more mature rated game.

What kind of bull crap have you guys heard, be it as a customer or as an employee?
    "[13:59:31] <JDllama> it's not that often that women want a guy who can meow on cue"

http://www.twingalaxies.com/
    http://www.snipercade.com/twingal/

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Wario Strikes Again! No I haven't heard that yet, but did you know that Pokemon was going to the PS2? Yeah, a 12 year old told me so. :lol: And when Nintendo sells that money maker is the day I retire my collection.

NESMan85: you were half right, and he was half right. Some games like the Sports games, Medal of Honor, and some fighting games WON'T work with the PS1 controllers because not all the functions, such as "Pressure Sensitivity" are not there.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm. good to know. at least i wasn't totally wrong, that last post would've made me look pretty retarded.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AFAIK the only differ4ence between PSX dual shock and PS2 controller is the pressure senstive L3 and R3 sticks. Everything else is the same. You do need separate PSX and PS2 memory cards though since PSX games still use fixed size block for it's memory card while PS2 uses the actual byte. Different format. Also PSX and PS2 multi player adapter is different.

Any reason to get a PS2 anyway? I already have a good woring PSX and I have a good 3 disc DVD player (great for playing multi-disc VCD) and I just don't see any PS2 game that I must have. Beside that I heard PS2 can't handle non DVD movies so my collection of VCD, CVD, and SVCD might not work at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the evil game store down the street tell me that their USED games were more expensive than new games to cover their cost since they're not a big chain like Wal-Mart. They sell used PS2 games for $69-79 Cdn! The same games are in Wal-Mart for $40-50 Cdn...NEW. I've also sen them selling Blaster Master: Blasting Again for $60 used when it's $20 new, Skies of Arcadia used for $70, , Starcraft 64 for $100, Ogre Battle 64 for $100, Lufia 2 for $150!!!!!!, and Mega Man 64 for $200 US!!!! They're insane to blame their prices on Wal-mart! Not to mention, when I brought him some used imports to trade in, he said he wouldn't take them without a system to go with them, even though he carries those imports in his store! AAARRRRGGHHH!

Oh..and if you ever want to have fun with people...go to Funcoland and ask for brand new games, like JSRF or Headhunter or anything newer, but ask if they have it in stock for the PC Engine or another really obscure system Sometimes they'll spend a half hour or more LOOKING for it! lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Impmon; Actually, every button on a PS2 Dual Shock 2 controller is pressure sensitive (analog, 8 degrees of sensitivity)... they just haven't written a lot of software to take full advantage yet.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default what?

Somebody once told me that they thought Sega stopping producing dreamcast was just a scam to make people buy more games, then in a year or two they would start back up again and make new games. its bull.
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A nintendo fanboy colleague of mine told me that sega would stop making games for the ps2 and the xbox. They wouldn't be succesfull enough so sega would concentrate on the GameCube.
    I felt like yelling at him that he was a retard, but I just said he was wrong. He insisted he was right though. He had read it at a messageboard so it couldn't be wrong...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

When Sega announced that it was going platform agnostic, I discussed the topic with a friend of mine while in a Funcoland. I told him that Sega was going to be releasing games for other systems toward the fall and the sales associate stepped right in and told me I was wrong.

"Naw, naw man they won't be releasing games 'till next year"

"Um, I'm sorry, but yes they ARE releasing games in the fall for the Game Boy Advance and then the Game Cube when it comes out.

The sales associate looked at me like I was a moron.

"Where'd you hear that? Where do you get your information?"

So, in a pseudo Ace Ventura impersonation, I sucked in wind and rattled off the bunch of sites I read that had the same information.

He blinked and said that THEY were wrong. I just shook my head and said his problem was that he kept reading Game Informer. With that we left.