Thread: A Couple of Easy NES Questions >>> Anyones thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A Couple of Easy NES Questions >>> Anyones thoughts

Ok I had a Few NES Related Questions i was curious about and figured someone on here could help me out:

First OFF:

1. Was Flintstones 2 and bubble bobble 2 Just Blockbuster releases???

2. Does anyone know why there is 2 different Gunsmoke variants?? My friend has 2 of them for the NES that have totally different labels.

3. Does Mr. Clean magic erasers really work>?? I used one on black marker on a cart and it didnt do nothing. didnt even remove it all? Does it only work on labels?

4. Why does the top loader work so much better then the original NES?? I know it has a better pin, but dont the pin in a top load get dirty too??

5. Whats Does NTSC and PAL Stand For?

6. Was stadium events only sold at Woolworths?? and were they only released on the East Coast??

7. Did places like Wal Mart and K Mart sell the Panesians at all? If they didnt who Did???

8 Why do So many people have Sealed Alladin Deck enhancers and carts??? And ive never seen them anywhere before ......besides online?

9. Can you switch the back of carts on SNES Games??

10. Can anyone tell a difference if you Switch the back of a cart on a NES Game or SNES Game?? Any numbers or anything?

11. What size Tool do i need to take apart the back of NES Games? I saw like 2 different size bits on ebay?

12. What Tools do i need to change the Battery in a NES Game?

Sorry i had so many questions lol........any info would help . thanks!

-mark

Strawberry (Level 2) CartCollector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, I'll do my best:

5. NTSC and PAL are video standards. NTSC = National Television Systems Commitee, PAL = Phase Alternating Lines. NTSC is used mostly in the US and Japan. PAL is used in Europe as well as many other countries. So a PAL game is often a European game. Technically, PAL has a higher resolution than NTSC, but NTSC has a higher framerate. So a PAL game would run strangely, if at all, in an NTSC console. See Wikipedia for more details.
    The name's Link
    And I'm braver than brave
    I got a wooden sword from and old man in a cave

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

9. Yep

10. Nope

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: A Couple of Easy NES Questions >>> Anyones thou

Quote Originally Posted by Parpunk
    Ok I had a Few NES Related Questions i was curious about and figured someone on here could help me out:

First OFF:

1. Was Flintstones 2 and bubble bobble 2 Just Blockbuster releases???

2. Does anyone know why there is 2 different Gunsmoke variants?? My friend has 2 of them for the NES that have totally different labels.

3. Does Mr. Clean magic erasers really work>?? I used one on black marker on a cart and it didnt do nothing. didnt even remove it all? Does it only work on labels?

4. Why does the top loader work so much better then the original NES?? I know it has a better pin, but dont the pin in a top load get dirty too??

5. Whats Does NTSC and PAL Stand For?

6. Was stadium events only sold at Woolworths?? and were they only released on the East Coast??

7. Did places like Wal Mart and K Mart sell the Panesians at all? If they didnt who Did???

8 Why do So many people have Sealed Alladin Deck enhancers and carts??? And ive never seen them anywhere before ......besides online?

9. Can you switch the back of carts on SNES Games??

10. Can anyone tell a difference if you Switch the back of a cart on a NES Game or SNES Game?? Any numbers or anything?

11. What size Tool do i need to take apart the back of NES Games? I saw like 2 different size bits on ebay?

12. What Tools do i need to change the Battery in a NES Game?

Sorry i had so many questions lol........any info would help . thanks!

-mark
    #3 Mr Clean Eraser has worked on every cart I have tried. If its on the plastic you just have to rub harder.

#7 The Panesians were reportedly only sold through mail order.

#8 Because someone discovered a warehouse full of brand new units.

#10 Some NES backs are different from others. The games that had batteries had different labels on the back, etc. The late release games had slightly different backs also. The backs are all interchangable.

#11 3.8 mm

#12 the 3.8mm bit and a soldering iron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sweet thanks guys!! anyone else wanna feel me in on the rest of my questions??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

4. The problem with the toaster is not that the pins get dirty (even though that does become a problem) but the 72 pin connector loses it's "tightness" after awhile and wears out, which makes it harder to read the game. The toploader corrected this.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh ok cool! well i just bought a big group of pin connectors to install in some of my NES unitis and i have already had bad problems with them. in fact they kinda suck. both people i gave one too said they dont really work any better than the old ones that were originally in them. i bought the cheapest ones on ebay but i didnt know if there was a difference in them or not? do people on ebay sell cheapers ones too?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you really need to solder if you're going to change the battery? I thought it was only clipped on.

Quote Originally Posted by Parpunk
    oh ok cool! well i just bought a big group of pin connectors to install in some of my NES unitis and i have already had bad problems with them. in fact they kinda suck. both people i gave one too said they dont really work any better than the old ones that were originally in them. i bought the cheapest ones on ebay but i didnt know if there was a difference in them or not? do people on ebay sell cheapers ones too?
    Quality depends. The cheapest can be really good and they can be really bad. I bought a lot of like 12 brand new connectors once and 4-5 of them didnt work at all. I bought some later for about the same price and they works great. So its only bad luck if you get someone that doesnt work. Theres no way to tell in advance. You can also buy gold connectors. Gold leads electricity much better than copper. These works better, but cost alittle more. Its worth it tho.

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Do you really need to solder if you're going to change the battery? I thought it was only clipped on.
    I have only changed the batteries in 2 games, Zelda and Zelda 2, and they were both soldered on.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok thanks I never tried to remove it myself so i didnt know. I found a guide here on how to change battery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

6) That's what's some people beleive

7) I beleive that they were bought via mail order by adult video /rental stores.

8) Because they were origionally rare, then somebody found thousands of sealed copies in a warehouse or something and started selling them off.