Thread: Lost In Blue got a re-print?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lost In Blue got a re-print?

I was just at Best Buy and saw a couple copies of Lost In Blue on the shelf. Haven't seen a new copy of this game in a store in ages. Did it just get re-printed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i started noticing copies of this one floating around again probably about a month ago at best buy, but nowhere else. could be similar to the mario ddr reprint, only select retailers got it.
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I just traded mine in and that made the 3rd or 4th copy that particular Gamestop had in the used. Not sure if it's rare (new) or not, but I can tell you one thing, it sure isn't fun. If you're debating picking it up, don't. You'd probably have more fun with any random licensed movie game on the DS than Lost in Blue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woah, it's really that bad? I've never played it but the way everyone talks about this game, they make it sound like it's one of the best on the DS. All I know is that I've never seen any new or used copies around, so I assumed it was one of those hard to find sleepers like Phoenix Wright or Trauma Center.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I definately think it's a sleeper hit. But with all games, some ppl like em' and some ppl don't.

I for one was a fan of the game and loved playing through it.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Woah, it's really that bad? I've never played it but the way everyone talks about this game, they make it sound like it's one of the best on the DS. All I know is that I've never seen any new or used copies around, so I assumed it was one of those hard to find sleepers like Phoenix Wright or Trauma Center.
    It's a very good game, but it's frustratingly hard. And not hard like, need to dodge things that might kill you but hard trying to balance out what you need to do during the day. If you don't plan enough in advance, you go hungry, your stamina drops, etc. Doing even simple things can be a chore. It becomes easier the longer you play but it's tough at first. I don't know anyone in real life that starves this fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, this game is one of my favorites on the DS, and I love the DS. It's a nice little pseudo-sequel to the overlooked GBC gem Survival Kids.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Here's my main beef with the game:

At some point in the developmental process, a very important element was left to die on the cutting room floor. What element might that be, you ask? Fun. The game just isn't any fun. It's just a chore to have to stockpile supplies just so you can explore the island, not to mention keeping your whiny companion full of food and water.

Don't get me wrong, the concept is awesome (and in fact, this is the game I bought a DS for in the first place), but the execution is pretty poor in some places. They make good use of the touchscreen and even the mic is used to some (negligible) degree, but at the end of the day I play games to have fun, and this game scores very, very low in that department.

I'd give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 tops. There are other games on the DS that are far more fun to play than this one, which is why I couldn't recommend shelling out the $25-30 on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would definitely recommend it if you like the concept. Unlike DrJustinRamone i didn't find it too much of a chore and found it very very fun. I place it in the top 3 out of the DS games i own (about 18 or so). I think if you can handle the pace and can handle doing tasks over again which gets easier as you go on, at the beginning life is hard because you just washed up on a desert island! But things get easier as you progress and things get exciting, its all up to you how to balance your progress with the simple chores. I didn't find the whole companion thing too difficult to deal with at all, once i realised i didn't need to drag her around with me and could leave her in the cave all day. If you like the concept or like Harvest Moon or something similar then definitely go for it, its a fantastic game.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was absolutely head over heels balls out in love with this game for the first few hours, and then they turned my incrementing, self-exploratory survival game into "push the magic crates."

And then after that was the stealth portion.

It was probably the most disappointing game I've ever played, it could have been so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a love it or hate it game, in the beginning it starts off exremely annoying, as the girl cant fend for herself, and your trips outside are short, but keep at it and eventualy she can fend for herself alone in the cave, and you can go venture out into the world. I never finished it but the game sure was some fun sometimes, sorta like a mix of harvest moon and ico.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room