Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold 2 games over a month ago...now buyer wants a refund.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sold 2 games over a month ago...now buyer wants a refund.

I sold these 2 games more then a month ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8292031247

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8292029553

I fully cleaned and tested both of these games and they worked great for me. Now, over a month since I sold them...I get an email from the buyer. He says BOTH of the games don't work and wants to send them back for a refund. He claims he didn't get to test them until now because he was on his honeymoon. Should I believe him or not? I know for a fact these games were working great for me...and I think it's odd he would wait so long to try them (I find it hard to believe he was on a honeymoon for a whole month). I don't know if this guy REALLY can't get them working, or if he just decided he doesn't want them anymore and thinks he can get his money back. Any suggestions to what I should do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like buyers remorse?.. It might be worth telling him, if he had gotten back to you when he first got the games, you could see his point, but after a month? i think he's just looking for his money back.

I can see you have left him feedback, but has he left you any feedback? if he has!. Tell him a refund might have been possible a few weeks back, but after nearly a month it's asking abit much?

I'm straight with everyone i deal with on ebay, but sometimes, when something funny like this occurs, it's best to stick to your guns, and his feedback is only (4) sounds like a n00b to me!! :/

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My guess is he found them a for a hell of a lot cheaper elsewhere...so the decision is yours...punchout has a bin of $3. $13 with shipping on evilbay right now....and I know you can get the other one a lot cheaper fairly easily also...
    ~TisLord~

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im like that sometimes. I have games that i bought months ago that i still havnt tested. Usualy i dont test the games before 1-2 weeks after i get them. Im lazy, i know hehe

In my years of collecting i have never seen a NES cart that doesnt work. Ive bet i've tested like 1000 NES carts withing 2 years. Sure, i've had some problems with a few, but i always managed to start them. So the odds for a game not to work is incredible small. I guess the problem here is that his NES connector is bad.

I would tell him to try to clean the carts with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Even if its the truth that he havnt tested them before now i still wouldnt take them back. Its too late for that and the games does work. I would wait alittle about mentioning this tho, i would wait and see what reply you get when/if you recommend him to clean them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW! $31 for Tyson, cart only? This is absolutely buyer's remorse. The only problem with denying his refund via email is that if he's savvy enough with Paypal, he can basically force you to give him a full refund (assuming that's how he paid) by filing a Item Not As Described dispute, which the seller almost always loses.

You seem to be more than a casual seller, so you should really have a posted refund policy. There's a spot for it on the fourth page of the selling process. Personally, my policy is that the buyer will get a refund in full if I made an error in the item description, but if the buyer simply doesn't want the item, they only get a 50% refund.

I sell a lot of clothes and I was sick of people pulling this nonsense. Clearly some people would wear the shirt or jersey for a day or two, then return it. But now, it's amazing how often people actually accept a 50% refund upon return of item. At that point, it's worth it for me to deal with refunds.
    ________
    Half-Baked
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At this point, I would tell him no, sounds like all the sudden he needs some cash, and wants his 31 dollars back for that punch-out that he got in the bidding war over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Offer to exchange them for another copy of the same game. If he says no then he probably got them for a cheaper price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Don't reply for a month and then say you just came back from your honeymoon when the 60 days are up.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tell him the games work and to clean his system.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did he leave you some positive feedback already?? Because if he did i would literally WHOOP THAT TRICk!!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Im like that sometimes. I have games that i bought months ago that i still havnt tested. Usualy i dont test the games before 1-2 weeks after i get them. Im lazy, i know hehe

In my years of collecting i have never seen a NES cart that doesnt work. Ive bet i've tested like 1000 NES carts withing 2 years. Sure, i've had some problems with a few, but i always managed to start them. So the odds for a game not to work is incredible small. I guess the problem here is that his NES connector is bad.

I would tell him to try to clean the carts with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Even if its the truth that he havnt tested them before now i still wouldnt take them back. Its too late for that and the games does work. I would wait alittle about mentioning this tho, i would wait and see what reply you get when/if you recommend him to clean them.

In my years of collecting i have never seen a NES cart that doesnt work.
    I have several that don't work,tried cleaned by other people and still don't work..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit
    Don't reply for a month and then say you just came back from your honeymoon when the 60 days are up.
    Nice thats what i'd do, but also throw in, that you'll send two copies of the games back, when he sends you the games back, just test them (they will work - it's buyers remorse) and just send them back to him again.

But if he has left you feedback already, i'd tell him it's abit too late since it's been a month, and hopefully since he looks like a n00b, me might not know about the whole paypal protection.

I'm not saying screw him, but it is buyers remorse, he's probably played them to death, and thinks it's time to get his money back. So why should you be the fall guy??

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell him you have extra copies you can replace for him. If he really just wants his money back that'll call his bluff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

firstly, holy fuck!

in the future you may want to add something to your auctions like "all sales are final." you never know when someone is trying to pull a fast one.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll
    In my years of collecting i have never seen a NES cart that doesnt work.
    I have several that don't work,tried cleaned by other people and still don't work..
    There have been 1 case where i didnt get a game to work. I cleaned it 5-7 times, really good, but still it didnt work. Then i tried it on a NES with a new connector and it worked. Kinda strange, since all other NES games worked on the other NES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I emailed him and told him to clean the games. I also told him to try some other games, as it might be his NES that's the problem. He emailed me back and said his NES plays ever game he throws at it, except for mine...but he would try to clean them anyways. I got on ebay after I got home tonight and noticed he had just left me positive feedback for both games. But his feedback comments were: DVD in great condition.

Weird....

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol, probly gave feedback to wrong person or something. If he claim the games still doesnt work, offer a replacement as someone mentioned earlier.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll

Send them to me. I can make them work.

Oh, but to answer the poster's question, I'd tell him to forget it.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd simply reply back with this
    - "Do you have Friends: Season One on VHS?"
    - "These are Nintendo games ma'am"
    - "How about Season Two?"
    - "Sure, here it is, just make sure you shove it in the VCR really hard..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dtolley
    PSN
    dtolley

That's I wouldn't worry with it... You tested & cleaned them, the worked fine... After 2 months, you can't guarantee what someone else might have done to them.