Thread: Last Level of Gradius 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

Default Last Level of Gradius 3

What is the last level like. I played the game a million times and never beat the game. I always die on the level that looks mechanical. Where you fly fast and you have to navigate through. Perhaps that's the last level?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't recall the level number, but it's largely bio organic in structure. Think level 2 of R Type 3, or something or the sort.

And the final boss is piss easy. That fact is parodied in Parodius and its sequals.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie
    That fact is parodied in Parodius and its sequels.
    Really? How so?

The "Greased Lighting" stage is a bitch in Gradius III. But I think the hardest part in the game is toward the end of... I forget what level, it's the part where the chunks of the floor and ceiling break off and fly towards your ship. I've gotten better at shooters since then, I should give that game another go. I managed to finish it at least once, back in the good old days. And yeah, the final boss is pretty pathetic.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

its pretty much tradition in the gradius series that the final final boss doesn't fight back significantly, in 1-2 its just a brain thing that doesn't fight back, 3 he shoots a very weak 3 way shot, and i get my ass fucking kicked in 4-5 so i'm not sure if they continued (but 5 gives a good hint to the same final boss so yeah)

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this Gradius III for the SNES? If so then the speed mech stage you are talking about is Stage 7 (after the plant level). The first thing you need is at least 2 speeds and I recommend to continue to fire your weapons even if there are no enemies around to help slow down the screen. Sadly that isn't the final level either. I know the Super Nintendo version is a bit slightly easier then the original arcade translation on Gradius III & IV PS2 and Gradius Collection for PSP. If it is that version then try pausing the game a lot to safely move around the speed area in the final escape. Hope that helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, and yeah, the last level world in the game is a alien level with a super easy end boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1
    Is this Gradius III for the SNES? If so then the speed mech stage you are talking about is Stage 7 (after the plant level). The first thing you need is at least 2 speeds and I recommend to continue to fire your weapons even if there are no enemies around to help slow down the screen. Sadly that isn't the final level either. I know the Super Nintendo version is a bit slightly easier then the original arcade translation on Gradius III & IV PS2 and Gradius Collection for PSP. If it is that version then try pausing the game a lot to safely move around the speed area in the final escape. Hope that helps!
    Ok Thanks. Just the answer I was looking for.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last level on the SNES/SFC version is a bio level much like the first level to Salamander/Lifeforce.

The last level in the Arcades (MAME/PS2/PSP) is a mechanical level, once you beat the last boss, there is a speed level to escape. Gradius 3 in the arcades is wayyyyy too hard in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by staxx
    The last level on the SNES/SFC version is a bio level much like the first level to Salamander/Lifeforce.

The last level in the Arcades (MAME/PS2/PSP) is a mechanical level, once you beat the last boss, there is a speed level to escape. Gradius 3 in the arcades is wayyyyy too hard in my opinion.
    Definitely, there are too enemies in the game you can't even kill for one thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok Thanks. Just the answer I was looking for.[/quote]

No problem, if you have any other questions about the game just let me know. They don't call me the StarSoldier for nothing.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Ascending Wordsmith's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could never get past the 'Boss Parade'. If the game erases my power ups when I die, how in the hell am I gonna stand up to a continuous stream of bosses?
    Never use a long word where a short one will do.

--George Orwell

(formerly PC Kwaj)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I could never get past the 'Boss Parade'. If the game erases my power ups when I die, how in the hell am I gonna stand up to a continuous stream of bosses?
    Most Gradius games practically demand that you beat it opn one life. Once you lose those power ups, unless you lose them at a very lucky spot, you're not gonna make it.

Gradius 2 is the epitome of this. I used to think that getting past the first stage was impossible until I realized that if I grab EVERY power up, I'd make it through the stage and the rest of the game wouldn't be nearly as hard. I had the game for a couple of years until I got past level one with this technique. After that, I beat it in a couple of days....like maybe four or five tries. All I needed was to get past level 1!

The boss parade in Gradius 2 is the hardest one I've seen in a Gradius game, though I have not played 4 or 5. If you die at the boss parade in 2, turn the game off and start over.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!