Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Default Messages from buyers that drive you nuts

I've been selling some things on eBay lately, and now, more than ever before, am I getting questions that seem designed to annoy me. Among them:

"do you know if the power cabe is a 220v - 9v?" (Which was immediately followed up with the dumb question, "why would i need a stepdown converter?")

The winning bidder for one auction (who got a major deal, on top of it all) sent a message about how happy they were to win the the auction. Do I look like your friend? (The answer to this is obviously no.)

And then there are the multiple questions about where to fix systems and one asking how long until I ship-and they didn't even win the auction!

I have never had this amount of stupidity when selling items on eBay. Is this normal?
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is a moderately popular 'game' going round at the moment, in which people who have nothing better to do with their time compete to see how many idiotic questions they can get a seller to answer to.

I've seen it on some other auctions, and I've had it happen to me - by the time it got to the third idiotic and pointless question, I sent a reply saying I would answer any further questions they had if and when they won the item.

I didn't get any more questions - and, hey presto, they didn't bid again. I'm glad.

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Messages from buyers that drive you nuts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    The winning bidder for one auction (who got a major deal, on top of it all) sent a message about how happy they were to win the the auction. Do I look like your friend? (The answer to this is obviously no.)
    Why on earth does this drive you nuts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Why on earth does this drive you nuts?
    I'm sure you enjoy inane, giddy, grammatically incorrect messages from your buyers every time they win something.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everytime you sell something the buyers e-mail you saying how happy they are? Thats really wierd, you are the only one i've heard about that get this. But why does it drive you nuts that they are happy and tell you about it? Im just wondering because i cant see why you get so pissed about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Everytime you sell something the buyers e-mail you saying how happy they are? Thats really wierd, you are the only one i've heard about that get this. But why does it drive you nuts that they are happy and tell you about it? Im just wondering because i cant see why you get so pissed about this.
    psst, he's probably not the "Disney" type of guy nor the kind of guy you would find at male bonding sessions.

No beef with me, everyone's different. As long as they pay in a timely manner they could write me an essay about how happy they are and I could give a shit. To me, I can only get worked over it if I really made a big deal outta it. It is what it is, not something worth getting pissed about.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well.. if the buyer(s) keep asking the same question over and over again, i can understand it. But why get pissed over some comment that they are happy that they won, i cant understand. The only reason why i can think of is that the item went for much cheaper than he expected and then get pissed at the buyer for that.

Indeed, we are all diffrent. Personaly i wouldnt use energy getting pissed over something like this. Its not worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    Haha, yeah, I am in total agreement with you on this one. It's amazing how much time people spend on mindless candor with sellers. I don't care how long you've been looking for ITEM, I don't care that this is a gift for your Uncle Fred, I don't care that the Macy's in your area sold out of these months ago.

Here are some 100% true messages/questions I've got from bidders, shown exactly as they were sent to me (some items were replaced by the generic "ITEM"):

"If you could give me any information on how to find stuff to sell on ebay besides garage sales I would greatly appreciate it."

"after reading your FAQ page and policies, I need some clarification on the ITEM. I want to make sure it is a working ITEM. I cannot afford to buy a product that does not work. I can replace the ITEM PART and ITEM PART, but they also cost money."

"can you please send me the item number for ITEM?"

"I contacted the District Attorney's office in my District. Any false neg. feedback left is Defamation of Character. Open to a Law Suit, Yes law"

"HELLO..I LIKE YOUR NBA JERSEYS.I WANT TO BUY SPURS JERSEY..ARE YOU FEMALE OR MALE? DAMIEN..REP IRELAND."

"your description of the trotter jersey says no number on the front. is there a 54 on the front? thanks, dave"

"This Item is good as paid for I'm gone either pay by my card or send a money order because my card trippin right now but it should be tooken care of by tomorrow but its good."

"Hi This Is Trent, Im buying the ITEM from you off ebay and I needed to ask u something. I kind of went thru the whole money order process so is it a way that u can cancel that one so i can pay by pay pal, or since i didn't send the money order off yet can i go head and pay by pay pal n e ways?"

(I love that one... He wants me to somehow cancel the money order he didn't send)

"Justin,

I just received notice from e-bay that we did not winn the NES after all. We lost by one dollar after haveing been notified that we had won. I must ask you to honor our sale. We have an e-bay confirmation as well as your personal one. We have already cut you a certified check and it is ready for mail. My son has pooled everything he owns plus sold other items to win this system. His heart is set on it. Please do not force me to make a formal protest. We will match the winning bid plus add $10. I beg you tomake good on your committment."

(...A very confused person who didn't win the auction)
    ________
    FREE BEST BUY GIFT CARDS
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the most recent person that is driving me INSANE!

This is an international bidder mind you.

Auction:

Xenosaga Episode 1 DVD Factory Sealed

Description

You are bidding on a Xenosaga Episode 1 DVD. Factory Sealed

(Picture)

Some Terms:

International bidders - Please notify me prior to bidding for your shipping and handling quote.

Payment is expected within 7 days of the auction's end.

User does a BIN on Jun-23-06 03:32:34 PDT

Jun-29:

"Hi
    I have a few questions:

Where is the item shipped from?
    for Shipping, is it insured?
    The DVD is -Sealed New- or -Like new-?

IŽll wait for answer to pay Inmediately.

Many Thanks for your support."

(Lets start with the problems with this:
    Listing clearly says the item is located in NY and is factory sealed. He never e-mailed me to get a quote prior to winning the auction then doesn't contact me till 6 days later after I send him 2 invoices with a $5.00 shipping charge. (standard airmail fee))

My Reply

"Its shipped from the US, shipping is not insured, insurance is extra. The dvd is sealed and brand new. "

NEXT MESSAGE:

Jul-01:

"Hi

Please let me know when the item is shipped, hope it could be insured (IŽve added $2) if not please do NOT send it, let me know if there is a problem, I need a secure delivery.

Many Thanks for all your support.
    Trevor."

(I then look up how much it costs to send an item insured to mexico. Ouch Its $28.20 by EMS.)

My Reply

"its an extra $21.20 for shipping with insurance. "

NEXT MESSAGE:

Jul-02:

"Hi

Hey please, I know the shipping rates of the usps please send it by -Global Priority Mail- if you are going to need the double of the item for shipping IŽll need a refund of the item and cancel the transaction. Please refer to Ebay policy. Or we could open a dispute to solve this matter.

Many Thanks.
    Trevor."

(*Sigh* GPM is not insured though and he wants insurance, who would ebay side with anyways. At this point he is getting negative feedback from me even if he gets the item and leaves me positive.)

My Reply

"Global Priority Mail is not insured, just so you know. I dont mind sending it like that, however EMS and Global Express Guaranteed is the only method that offers insurance."

NEXT MESSAGE:

Jul-05:

"Hi

Then if the item much cheaper than shipping, just send it by Global Priority the safest way possible. Let me know when you ship the item just to know the date of send and to calculate the time of arrival. If it is registered, better.

Thanks-"

(Okay thats fine, I actually wound up losing another 50 cents but I want this thing OUT OF HERE)

My Reply

No reply

NEXT MESSAGE:

Jul-06:

"Hi

I have not recieved any mail of yours, please let me know by this week if the item was send."

(WHAT? Do you need an minute by minute play book? this is a $8 item to begin with!!)

My Reply

"The item will be sent tonight."

NEXT MESSAGE:

Jul-10:

"Hi

Just to ask If the item was sent, I have recieved no advise, please send me the scan of the receipt of the item sent please to verify the number and maybe track the Shippping.

Thanks."

(A SCAN OF THE RECIPT!!!! WHO ASKS FOR THOSE!?!? Couldn't do it anyways, i threw the thing out right when I left the post office. He didnt even pay for tracking, god this guy is just insane. He will get the biggest neg from me.)

My Reply
    "I sent you a message on thursday saying the item was sent. You should recieve it in about a week."

END OF MESSAGES AS OF NOW

God, this has been the biggest hassle ever. Most of the messages are just people asking me to sell things cheaper or end the item sooner. Sometimes I get a question asking something that can be clearly seen by just reading the auction. NOTHING like this though!! Ill keep everyone updated

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My recent favorite:

A lady buys something from me (via BIN) and immediatly afterwards, sends me a message saying she bought it by accident. Whatever. She also bought another item from me.

Then I get payment for both items, and a positive for both items a few days later. It was a WTF moment.

I also like the people who ask me what condition the game is in, when it is listed directly in the auction, with a link to my condition rating guide.

The only people who bother me are the ones who offer me lower amounts of money for auctions (BINs) I list. I have to repress the urge to either answer with a "No." or a "No, please kindly fuck off." If I was accepting offers, there'd be a fucking best offer option on my auction, you nitwit, don't you think?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

foreign people bother me, especially when they select a delivery method that takes 4-6 weeks then they file a paypal claim 2 weeks later, which they win.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius
    foreign people bother me, especially when they select a delivery method that takes 4-6 weeks then they file a paypal claim 2 weeks later, which they win.
    That is evil :\ Empty your Paypal account or accept EMS shipping only.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I had one just the other day on my Ken Griffey Jr. SNES Games:

Hi! Im currently looking at your package of Griffey SNES games- my question is if the names of all the players in the games are the same as they should be? I know you can change the names of any players, so if the names of the players are correct i will put in a bid, a response would be GREAT! Thanks

x_x

Oh, and I also had a hacked account recently buy my Complete Action 52 for NES for 85.99. I had to relist it and someone emailed me asking if I'd like to sell it instead of auctioning it. That's cool, If he wanted to match the price it sold for then that was fine, so I told him that I wouldn't mind entertaining offers on it.

he offered 35.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    I had one just the other day on my Ken Griffey Jr. SNES Games
    Yep, that's the classic "Do My Research For Me" move done by lazy buyers. It would take approximately 10 seconds of googling to find the answer, but he'd rather ask the seller.
    ________
    DILAUDID REHAB FORUM
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg
    I had one just the other day on my Ken Griffey Jr. SNES Games
    Yep, that's the classic "Do My Research For Me" move done by lazy buyers. It would take approximately 10 seconds of googling to find the answer, but he'd rather ask the seller.
    Yep, and I'm sorry but I'm too busy to do this for him, especially on some .99 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, and I'm sorry but I'm too busy to do this for him, especially on some .99 games.
    Oh absolutely. I don't do extra research for ANY question asked by any seller for ANY item, no matter how valuable. If someone is truly interested in an item, they will do the research themselves.

Also, people want answers to some questions for completely non-ebay reasons. For instance, a few years ago, when my research policy wasn't so strict, I found out that by answering someone's GI Joe question, I basically wrote a page of a term paper he was writing for school. He didn't care about the item.
    ________
    GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:25 PM.