Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SNES Releases and Variants--Definitive Guide !!Please Help!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry to bring this back...

Was there 3 versions of Donkey Kong Country

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are actually 4 variant carts of Donkey Kong Country. One has the ESRB rating, one doesn't, one is the Million Seller's label, and then there is also a "Not For Sale" version.

It took me a long time to remember about this and as long to find the pics. Super Mario Kart has as many. One without an ESRB rating, three Million Seller's labels- one with an E rating and two with a KA rating, "Made in Japan" and "Made in Mexico".

I wish that I had them all, so I could take GOOD side-by-side pics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just bought Pitfall The Mayan Adventure Manual on ebay the BW one..How can I tell or ask the ebay seller if it's a re-release

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this list going to include games with the different cart types? As in the carts with the redesigned alcove for the eject button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

50TBRD already covered that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's really hard enough finding the differences in the labels, let alone the differences in the carts. There are relatively few people who are into collecting all of the SNES games and an even smaller group who are interested in the variant labels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I though the Label on the Majesco rereleases were glosy...

But I'm trying to look for F-zero PC version..I just like having both version
    Last edited by MarioMania; 09-24-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is a great thread! very cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but what do the different colors in your list signify?

If the ones not in blue are uncomfirmed, I can confirm that Super Battleship, Earthworm Jim 2, and Top Gear were all rereleased by Majesco. I bought them during that time period and they all shared the same characteristics as every Majesco SuperNes release did and remain a part of my collection to this day.

Sim City was never rereleased by Majesco. It was a 1st party rerelease and Nintendo rereleased it themselves during the early days of the redesigned SuperNes in 1997.

And I really doubt Ms. Pac-Man was rereleased. There were plenty of copies around here NIB to back in the late 90's and early 2000's. When I bought mine at Wal-Mart around 2002 or so (The last SuperNes game I ever bought new at a retail store), it wasn't a Majesco rerelease and was the original release from the 1990's.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-21-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Cool thread, I also just looked through my SNES games, and not sure what the list on the first page represents or not, but I have 6 titles that were Majesco re-releases and can confirm all of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Turns out I have 7, Disney's Goof Troop which I have two copies of and one has a label on the back and the other doesn't, but both were Majesco re-releases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by johno590 View Post
    Turns out I have 7, Disney's Goof Troop which I have two copies of and one has a label on the back and the other doesn't, but both were Majesco re-releases
    I really doubt the one with the label on the back was a Majesco rerelease. What makes you think it was?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I really doubt the one with the label on the back was a Majesco rerelease. What makes you think it was?
    The assembled in mexico on the front, and I looked it up and doesn't seem like it's uncommon for the goof troop cart to have the label on the back for majesco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by johno590 View Post
    The assembled in mexico on the front, and I looked it up and doesn't seem like it's uncommon for the goof troop cart to have the label on the back for majesco.
    Any other Majesco rereleases like that?

Every one I purchased back then (And I bought over half of the games they rereleased during that time period) were identical with the Majesco charactistics they displayed.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone has the first Non-engraved release of Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, I can confirm the Engraved one:

This is a great Thread! Really helpful for collectors ^^

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ckendal View Post
    Not to burst anyone's bubble here but unless someone really has a sealed copy of the game or a black and white manual we can't really confirm based off someone saying they have a game with a imprinted plastic label on the back.

Someone could have very well swapped backs to a cartridge. Although I hope, and am pretty sure, that more research is being done than just checking cart backs!

Just a thought!
    Indeed. I frequently swap backs on games since they will often be yellowed or have torn labels, although I always choose a label that is similar to the original (plastic back for plastic back, sticker for sticker, green sticker for green sticker in the case of scooby doo-type games). The only downside is that sometimes the embossed numbers within a paper sticker can indicate circuit board revisions and if I'm not careful I can swap the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by 50TBRD View Post
    Noticed that there are at least 3 versions of Super Mario World. 2 versions that are not Players Choice and 1 which is. One has the title on one line on the front label and the other has Super Mario on one line and then World just below it. I forget which one is the original.

The new layout is coming soon and will be much more indepth. I just gathering as much data together as possible.
    Indeed. I have the first two revisions. The original has a larger Yoshi and Mario on the front a well as larger text on the edge-label. The text is written in one line. The first revision has world on a second line with the end-label text being more standard-sized and mario and yoshi being slightly smaller. It also has the -1 after the model number, of course, to indicate it's a revision.

Quote Originally Posted by qbertandernie View Post
    the first is blue top, no developer, Nintendo logo only, M/SNS-XP-USA-1 (the "D" sticker is aftermarket)

the second is yellow top, Technos name, 'Licensed by' above nintendo logo, SNS-XP-USA

ive also seen(and ill buy it when i can get back to the store) a version with the ESRB rating on the front, blue writing, i think SNS-XP-USA-2

I have the original and 2nd revision of Super Pinball. I can post the 2nd revision if anyone wants to see that one as well.