Wanted to share a high score I just racked up tonight while playing the arcade version of 1943: The Battle of Midway.

I don't have much time for gaming these days, so GameTap is popular with me. I love the service since I signed up for it a few months ago and they just released a new version with no adds loading with the game, the ability to play others online, and a new interface. 1943 was added in the last update (they update once a week on Thursday) so I decided to give the game a shot.

As some of you may remember, 1943 was always a favorite of mine on the NES and I did well in the game when it came up in the Classic Gaming contest here in 2005. My first couple of games I got used to the game again, trying to see how well I could do.

Tonight I ment to play another quick game and ended up playing for over 30 minutes! I did'nt take any breaks or anything and used a game controler with the game.

By the time I finished, I had reached the end of Stage 12 and got a score of 148,238.

Unforentuly, I can't prove it....I loaned my digital camera out to a friend and there's no way to take screen shots on GameTap. Still, I'm still quite happy with my score.

Anyone know what the world high score on this sucker is?