This is the one thing that I remember most about my youth, every month going and buying the newest computer based magazines. And occasionally some non-computing magazines that would put in computer content.

A few of my favorites:

Family Computing - Early on, it had lots of game reviews, fun games to type in, and even stories about places to go that would interest families with computer geek kids. I loved this one, because even after our family upgraded from the TI994A to the C64, most of the content was still relevant...hooray for multiplatform type-in programs!! I actually subscribed to it from Issue 2, through the change to Home Office and Family Computing, until the sad day it became just Home Office Computing, and reduced the Family part to 8 pages shoved in the back.

Ahoy! - I only had 4-5 issues of this magazine, but wow did I love it. In depth reviews, some great, great type in programs...I was very sad when I stopped being able to find this one.

3-2-1 Contact - OK, not a strict computing magazine...but come on, which kid didn't want his / her program to show up in the Slipped Disk Show article? I sent in over a dozen programs, but never got printed (probably because my original programming skills sucked...my best program was one that made the C64 colors cycle on screen while a number counted up in the corner oooooooohhhhh).

And just to go ahead and drag my own topic slightly off topic, anyone remember those thick books of type in programs that were available by Compute Magazine I believe? They had over 100 pages of games you could type in, and were themed like "Computer Olympics" and things like that? I'd love to see those again.

Ok, time for everyone else to go. Do you still have these mags? Is there a good place to find them? Are the type ins available anywhere??